Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #4701
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
Thought I might pop back in after nearly a year off.

Since last I was here I've completed purchase of and moved into a house of my very own, I've moved the Geek Munch to a pub that's got more space, better beer, better food, pool tables, etc, I've started getting the house fixed up (mostly by painting half the walls blood red and filling it with black and mahogany furniture), and I've got myself settled into a good job that I've had for over a year.

I'll be skipping out on the London Olympics this summer to go drinking in metal bars in Portugal, and next year I'm taking my darling Gentleman on a holiday to Chernobyl.

So... yeah, things are generally fairly awesome. We've even managed to get a lovely new record player for all the old goth vinyl, and the projector's working so we can watch the Addams Family on all of one living room wall.

How's everyone else's last 11-13 months been?
I'm way out of date so I'm curious, is this the same gentleman I remember talking to you about many years back on msn?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #4702
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I have a place of my own!!!!

I moved out of my sister's place on the 10th and I've just been working and paying bills. It feels great to have a job, again. I'm taking 3 online classes this summer and hopefully will have a car sometime this summer.

So, that's what my life has consisted of, lately: working, cursing my ex, paying bills, cursing my ex, seeing the kids when I can and cursing my ex. My world has shrunken considerably over the last few months. I'm doing it, but I feel like no matter how much I do it's never going to be enough.
Are you getting a kitty at your new place?

And welcome back, good to see you. I know things are really rough but I know if anyone can get through it, its you.

P.S. I'm reading a book called Communion by bell hooks that I think you'd really like, feminist take on relationships and divorce and midlife and all that jazz, I really liked it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #4703
Grausamkeit

I already have my cat! I need to post pix of my olde man, he is so beautiful!

I'll get through it if it kills me! I'm impatient and hitting a couple of bumps, right now concerning school, but I should be able to get things taken care of if I can negotiate properly with my ex. It chaps my ass that I have to keep knuckling under and doing shit his way because otherwise I can't see the kids, right now. It's frustrating me to no end.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #4704
Fruitbat

Quote:
I already have my cat! I need to post pix of my olde man, he is so beautiful!

I'll get through it if it kills me! I'm impatient and hitting a couple of bumps, right now concerning school, but I should be able to get things taken care of if I can negotiate properly with my ex. It chaps my ass that I have to keep knuckling under and doing shit his way because otherwise I can't see the kids, right now. It's frustrating me to no end.
You go girl! Keep at it, it's going to be worth it in the end.

Very happy to see you back on the forums. mwah!

Figured you wouldn't do anything silly, just regroup and give the world a big fuck you and get on with things.

You rock Graus!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #4705
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I'm way out of date so I'm curious, is this the same gentleman I remember talking to you about many years back on msn?
I've been with the Gentleman for three and a half years or so by now, so it's most likely the same fellow. A rather fetching individual, with a smile like a serial killer, hands like a surgeon, and eyes green as the devil's own.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #4706
Grausamkeit

Fru, thanks, hun. If I knew how to lie down and quit, I probably would some days. All I know how to do is keep going.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #4707
Grausamkeit

Del, welcome back!

Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #4708
Saya

Totally put parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme on my popcorn.

because I am a rock, I am an island.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #4709
Solumina

Oh Saya, you're too cute
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #4710
Saya

Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #4711
Versus

I try to tell her, and I think she secretly knows it, but refuses to concede.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #4712
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I try to tell her, and I think she secretly knows it, but refuses to concede.
I need to go to bed, I was trying to figure out what song that was from.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #4713
Saya

Anyone good with cover letters? There's a student summer job that's coming up that would give me awesome experience and I'm totes qualified but I don't know how to express how awesome I am.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #4714
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Anyone good with cover letters? There's a student summer job that's coming up that would give me awesome experience and I'm totes qualified but I don't know how to express how awesome I am.
I've only ever written one, and that was two weeks ago, so I'm no expert, However, it's easier that you're looking to write it for something specific instead of a broad "someone I'm passing this out to please hire me" cover letter.

Write about the skills you've acquired/built on/shown in the various jobs and volunteer positions you've held, and how they relate to things you'll need to do for the job.

It sounds and felt really daunting before I actually started writing it, but once I started it kind of fit itself together.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #4715
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yes I am. What's the job description? You can PM me it and then I can draft something up for you so you can see how I would answer the criteria - gives you an idea of what to write.

How I usually do it is to write down, dot points what they are after, and then address them, demonstrating how fabulous I am and how I meet the selection criteria.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #4716
Fruitbat

Quote:
Fru, thanks, hun. If I knew how to lie down and quit, I probably would some days. All I know how to do is keep going.
You are my friggin' hero honey!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #4717
Haejin

So I've had a pretty crappy month of May, but it's definitely looking up for the time being. I've become a major gym rat and picked up yoga today. Things are looking swell
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #4718
Saya

That is all.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #4719
Solumina

D'awwwwwwww
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #4720
Alan

The name Milhouse has been said a total of six times in the history of this site according to the Search function.
The more you know.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #4721
honeythorn

That picture has to be the best thing I've seen all day. Pug slippers FOR a pug ?? Brilliant. \

Though like most dogs when you put any sort of clothing on them, he looks incredibly sheepish and embarrassed. Like " Guys... really? Come on I look like a twat take it off! "
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #4722
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Those eyes remind me a bit of Courage the Cowardly dog

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #4723
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
That picture has to be the best thing I've seen all day. Pug slippers FOR a pug ?? Brilliant. \

Though like most dogs when you put any sort of clothing on them, he looks incredibly sheepish and embarrassed. Like " Guys... really? Come on I look like a twat take it off! "
I was imagining him saying "Why have you forsaken me?"

Mom's pugs are the most evil when it comes to their sad faces. They do it over anything at all, like watching tv instead of giving them attention.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #4724
Solumina

My friend Shannon has the derpiest pug in the world, his eyes bug out so much that it really kind of looks like they are pointing in opposite directions and his sad face is absolutely irresistible, you can't help but take pity on the poor thing.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #4725
MissCheyenne

I'm looking after my brother's dog while he's away and he's currently laid on my bed snoring. Fudge (that's the dog) is nearly 15 years old and he still bounces around like he's a puppy.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote