Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #326
Soulbinder

I have read only the first couple of pages here, but it was enough.

So you are looking to make converts, Pothead (brave in this place). Now is your chance to save me. I wish to be converted, but I have an unresolved issue.

I warn you not to jump to quick in reply.
Mark well, it might be better for you to stop here and leave this post alone (I say this not in challenge, but as kindness).
Soulbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #327
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbinder View Post
I have read only the first couple of pages here, but it was enough.

So you are looking to make converts, Pothead (brave in this place). Now is your chance to save me. I wish to be converted, but I have an unresolved issue.

I warn you not to jump to quick in reply.
Mark well, it might be better for you to stop here and leave this post alone (I say this not in challenge, but as kindness).
what is your Issue ?
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #328
Soulbinder

Before I place my personal issue in front to you and the world, a Bible question (Old Testament), to see the extent of your knowledge of the book. For if you can't answer this question, you are of no use to me.

Why did God give false visions to the prophets?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #329
pothead

Quote:
Before I place my personal issue in front to you and the world, a Bible question (Old Testament), to see the extent of your knowledge of the book. For if you can't answer this question, you are of no use to me.

Why did God give false visions to the prophets?
well God puts a lying spirit in the false prophets mouth, and if a prophet lies or tells a lie it is the Lord who caused him to lie, really that is talking about a what if scenario, it doesn't mean that it will happen, it only happens to false prophets, and there is no more prophets, for the last prophet was Jesus and there was no lie that he ever told,
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #330
Soulbinder

I'm sorry Pothead, but it is obvious you cannot help me.

You clouded your answer with lots of words, yet still managed not to answer my question directly. My question is not a what if, I spoke not of modern day prophets, but of what has been (Old Testament history).

Did I not warn you not to jump in reply to readily?
Now I have an issue with you: If Jesus was the last prophet, would it not mean the Apostles were false prophets?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #331
pothead

Quote:
I'm sorry Pothead, but it is obvious you cannot help me.

You clouded your answer with lots of words, yet still managed not to answer my question directly. My question is not a what if, I spoke not of modern day prophets, but of what has been (Old Testament history).

Did I not warn you not to jump in reply to readily?
Now I have an issue with you: If Jesus was the last prophet, would it not mean the Apostles were false prophets?
the apostles were apostles they didn't have the term prophet for the apostles even though they had the gift of prophecy they wasn't considered prophets but apostles, and I told you that no old testament true prophet was given a false vision only the false prophets were the ones that were not chosen by God
Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #332
Soulbinder

Seeing as the wording of my question has distracted you (for which you have my apologies) let me try and make my question a little more clear. The direction of my question is not about who he gave false visions to, it is why did he do it.

As for my issue with you; Seeing as you like to split hairs with names. I consider my issue with you resolved.
As a side-note, I think if someone has the gift of prophecy, they are prophets, no matter what other names they are given.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #333
Alan

True. What is the whole book of Revelation if not a prophecy as it clearly hasn't happened and yet John witnessed it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #334
AshleyO

I like Soulbinder.

You make me grin like a grinch.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #335
pothead

Quote:
Seeing as the wording of my question has distracted you (for which you have my apologies) let me try and make my question a little more clear. The direction of my question is not about who he gave false visions to, it is why did he do it.

As for my issue with you; Seeing as you like to split hairs with names. I consider my issue with you resolved.
As a side-note, I think if someone has the gift of prophecy, they are prophets, no matter what other names they are given.
well first you have to understand the nature of a false prophet, they want people to follow them more than God so God allowed them to have false visions to see who of the people was for them or for him, and in one part of the bible in the old testament there was a false prophet sent by satan and a true prophet sent by God that prophesied about the captivity of Babylon, and the false prophet was killed, if a prophet the things he says does not come to past the people were suppose to kill them with stones , but you know the people killed the true prophets too, and really the bible says that if a prophet of his lies then he hath put that lie into his mouth, a prophet of satan he doesn't do that to because they already have false visions given to them by satan, so does God even give false visions, I don't really think so, but if he did it would be the false prophets he gives it to , i hope i answered your question, any other questions ?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #336
AshleyO

...You know what's disappointing about your explanation?

You pulled that out of your ass.

What's REALLY fucked up about this is that you're speaking for god. Your defending god. DEFENDING it. You don't know why. But you're making shit up. You're trying to tell us what you think. Is it not fucking telling that there's a problem when you have to speak for the ultimate creator? What the hell kind of shit is that?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #337
FamousVir

nothing else

Your comment is very good
FamousVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #338
Soulbinder

Pothead, once again you cloud your answer with words and refuse to answer my question directly.
Please understand, I don't need a Bible lesson on the the nature of prophets false or otherwise. Nor the things people did to them.
It is apparent to me that you can't help me (I really don't think anyone can, but I had to try). Clearly you can't answer my question and be sure a long winded line of the usual religious mumbo-jumbo will not help me at all. In fact it has the potential to send me farther in the other direction.
Though, I do appreciate you trying.

Now if you would like to have a religious discussion on other things, I'd be willing. AshleyO's last couple of sentences make a good point.

Or if you prefer we could stay on the prophets. How about this; If a prophet of Satan gets visions from Satan, you say they are false visions, what would be the point then? Would not a prophet of Satan being stoned diminish the power of the one he served?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #339
pothead

Quote:
Pothead, once again you cloud your answer with words and refuse to answer my question directly.
Please understand, I don't need a Bible lesson on the the nature of prophets false or otherwise. Nor the things people did to them.
It is apparent to me that you can't help me (I really don't think anyone can, but I had to try). Clearly you can't answer my question and be sure a long winded line of the usual religious mumbo-jumbo will not help me at all. In fact it has the potential to send me farther in the other direction.
Though, I do appreciate you trying.

Now if you would like to have a religious discussion on other things, I'd be willing. AshleyO's last couple of sentences make a good point.

Or if you prefer we could stay on the prophets. How about this; If a prophet of Satan gets visions from Satan, you say they are false visions, what would be the point then? Would not a prophet of Satan being stoned diminish the power of the one he served?
most of the time the false prophets didn't get stoned, and no it doesn't really diminish his power if he got stoned because God is more powerful than satan, I really wish I could help you, maybe with a different question if you have one? but what would it hurt to say the sinners prayer? just try it out God would show himself to you if you will, so will you ?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #340
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
...You know what's disappointing about your explanation?

You pulled that out of your ass.

What's REALLY fucked up about this is that you're speaking for god. Your defending god. DEFENDING it. You don't know why. But you're making shit up. You're trying to tell us what you think. Is it not fucking telling that there's a problem when you have to speak for the ultimate creator? What the hell kind of shit is that?
it's not just what I think it's what the bible says about it with my commentary on it, I am not making anything up, and God use's the foolishness of preachers to reach the lost and to talk for him
Old 06-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #341
AshleyO

Pothead, do you follow the god that sent she bears to kill young men for mocking a bald prophet?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #342
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm

'God is more powerful than Satan'. And Goliath was more powerful than David. If he is all-powerful and created the Morning Star, why would he not crush him outright after Jeshua's crucifiction? What is the purpose for Hell if any raving psychopath can falsely repent and be as worthy of eternal life as the next?
Why would your god allow Hell to persist after making that sacrifice?
(Hint: Because it's a fable, brutha. Learn a sagely concept and move on.)
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #343
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine Entropic Wyrm View Post
'God is more powerful than Satan'. And Goliath was more powerful than David. If he is all-powerful and created the Morning Star, why would he not crush him outright after Jeshua's crucifiction? What is the purpose for Hell if any raving psychopath can falsely repent and be as worthy of eternal life as the next?
Why would your god allow Hell to persist after making that sacrifice?
(Hint: Because it's a fable, brutha. Learn a sagely concept and move on.)
he was created for the devil and his angels man was never suppose to go to hell, and Jesus did crush satan at the cross he defeated him outright, he crushed the serpents head, the good news is you don't have to go to hell after you accept the gospel because you are saved and are going to heaven if you do, so will you say outloud the prayer of salvation ? what would it hurt ?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #344
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm

So, if Satan has been defeated, why would there still be Hell? There is only one omnipotent being in your belief system (despite your own tome making it clear he is wildly incompetent ). This means that he is either a vicious cunt, or he is not omnipotent. Read Job sometime, you may find it's actually both. In fact, read the entire bible.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #345
mindless1

rapist!
rapist!
rapist!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #346
mindless1

Hail Krishna! Om Mani Padme Hum. Om Mani Padme Hum. Om Mani Padme...hmmm
Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #347
mindless1

GOD? Oh God, where art thou God yo?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #348
pothead

Quote:
So, if Satan has been defeated, why would there still be Hell? There is only one omnipotent being in your belief system (despite your own tome making it clear he is wildly incompetent ). This means that he is either a vicious cunt, or he is not omnipotent. Read Job sometime, you may find it's actually both. In fact, read the entire bible.
there is still a hell for unbelievers because they choose to follow satan, and hell will soon be cast into the lake of fire, and Job is a nice book, maybe you should read the whole bible find out the truth for your self
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #349
Saturnine Entropic Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
there is still a hell for unbelievers because they choose to follow satan, and hell will soon be cast into the lake of fire, and Job is a nice book, maybe you should read the whole bible find out the truth for your self
They choose to follow Satan? I thought Satan was defeated. It's good know that Hell is going into the burning lake, though. That sounds like a much more humane gulag.
Your definition of 'nice' must be a bit different than mine. I think the smell after it rains is nice. I think a full moon is nice. Butchering your friend's innocent children to slake your ego falls a bit outside of 'nice', in my opinion. Maybe I'm just weird.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #350
pothead

Quote:
They choose to follow Satan? I thought Satan was defeated. It's good know that Hell is going into the burning lake, though. That sounds like a much more humane gulag.
Your definition of 'nice' must be a bit different than mine. I think the smell after it rains is nice. I think a full moon is nice. Butchering your friend's innocent children to slake your ego falls a bit outside of 'nice', in my opinion. Maybe I'm just weird.
satans power has been defeated and he has been defeated but people still follow him when they choose not to follow God, who butchers children ? children are saved anyways because they have not yet reached the age of accountability, if they die they will go to heaven