Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #26
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marred
"Yeah look! I've found pictures of goths and emos on the internet! I now know everything I need to know by making simple generalizations based on biases and intuition! I'm so keen!"

This has always been a sore spot for me. Though what really tears me up is the thought that if I dress as they do, I wouldn't have to deal with all the stereotypes. Because, you know, I'm so unoriginal I get all my fashion tips form a single series of movies. Or newspaper clippings... yeah.

And Damn it! I just realized this woman has me defending emos! GAAH! No wonder I've become an anti-social hermit with tendencies toward isolation and a misanthropist view to the world.
Do you even know what antisocial means? *sighs* You can sling around misanthropist, but I doubt you even know what antisocial means. Because I don't know too many people who would consider themselves antisocial, you seamlessly rank yourself with BTK, Jeffrey Dahmer, Gacy, etc.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 AM   #27
Kamrusepas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I would hope no one believes this load of bullshit..
Sadly some people do. I get called a Satan worshipper by random people when I walk around in my long black leather coat...
What the world is really like
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #28
c130

Ha. See, I just take advantage of that to get rid of Hari Krishnas who pester me in the street.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #29
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamrusepas
Sadly some people do. I get called a Satan worshipper by random people when I walk around in my long black leather coat...
You deserve it, popular culture tells us that people who wear long black leather coats are often Satan worshippers. You don't want to be called such, do not wear such.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #30
Kassindrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
You deserve it, popular culture tells us that people who wear long black leather coats are often Satan worshippers. You don't want to be called such, do not wear such.
Tell me, Om3ga, have you ever written anything but flames here?
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #31
Kamrusepas

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
You don't want to be called such, do not wear such.
And let them win? Never

Plus I never said I mind being called such. I never paid much attention to what other people think of me, especially strangers.
What the world is really like
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #32
Ex_Oh

Wow this author sounds just like my biased freind... I hate it when people randomly decide to put down people and its sad when adults do it. I had an incident recently where a local newspaper wrote bad things about my school band (which i am a part of) so me and a friend wrote back to the author. I wonder why people seem to think that putting people down is a good thing...
Ex_Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #33
angst-zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
who determines this subculture family tree?

and (keep in mind, this is my personal opinion) i dont find similarities between the punk and goth subculture aside from the rejection of mainstream culture...

Actually a lot of the foundation music and culture came directly from the punk scene. Siouxsie, The Cure, The Cult (Southern Death Cult, Etc.), Bauhaus, Joy Division and many others all hail from the dark days of the late 70's punk movement. The family tree is correct, however the newest feel and flavor of music in the Goth movement is pretty far removed from its punk roots with the inclusion of all sorts of electronica. The Goth culture has become a fairly robust one, including literature, music, visual art, fashion, decorating and social norms, but do not be mislead; Goth culture has roots in punk. Are those boots you're wearing? : )
angst-zine is offline   Reply With Quote