Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
BlackDahlia

Please excuse me while I mace you with Febreze...

Why, for the love of [improbable omnipotent deity/pantheon] do guys who have a major B.O. problem, look like they're inbred, twice my age, and/or also seem to have an Oedipus complex want to pursue me? Is it my location? Do I have the words "HI, IF YOU SMELL LIKE A ROTTING ELK IN A PUBLIC BATHROOM, PLEASE DATE ME!" written on my forehead?

Just once would I like to be asked out by a man who wears cologne and doesn't look like he stepped out of Deliverance. Is this really too much to ask of? T_T
BlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
An Eccentric Cellist

No.
I'd attempt giving them shampoo, soap and colonge for their birthday. Make sure they DON'T clash as that makes one's sinuses hurt. But only if they have a good personality.Or maybe they see you as sooooo unattainable that you'd pity them to the point of dating them. Just a thought.

A friend of mine has really bad B.O. too; I feel really bad when I sqirm away, but my nose thanks me.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Delicate_Torture

If you know the person then say something to them.

I worked with a girl who had really really bad BO and everyone used to bitch about her behind her back because of it. So one night shift when it was quiet I asked her if I could approach a subject that was personal and might be a little embarrassing for her but that I felt that as her friend I wanted to say something so that her feelings didn't get hurt in the long run. She asked me what it was about and I told her that she had quite a strong personal smell and that maybe she might need to change her deodorant to a different brand because I thought that it might be clashing with the smell of her laundry soap or something. She totally understood what I was saying and said that she was really thankful that I'd said something about it. She said that in Zimbabwe (where she is from) it wasn't customary to use deodorant and that she just had never thought about it.

The next day she came to work and asked me if she smelled ok. Our friendship wasn't harmed by it at all.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

So often I feel like approaching people who make bad decisions with their personal hygiene and saying "Hun? Can we be friends for like, 5 minutes? I have to talk to you about something."
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
Delicate_Torture

One of my worse moments ever...

I am a submissive. My best friend Aaron is a Dominant. I have been in 'Big L Love' with him for at least two years now. (Yes, I know.. lesbian, male, etc... deal with it.)

Anyways, I've only ever known him online for the three years that I've known him. Finally I get to spend 12 wonderful days at his house, just hanging out and watching DVD's, ordering pizza etc. On one of the last nights that I was to be there his friend Natalie comes over to meet me.. I've spoken to her online a little bit as well, but not a great deal and this is the first time we've met in person. She sits down, we all chat, we decide that we MUST go to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner for the simple sadistic pleasure of taking an actual real Australian there... and no, we don't eat Bloomin' Onions here. We stand up to leave and Aaron calls me over as Natalie steps outside. There is a small, but obvious bloodstain on the sofa.

Now... do I act like a good submissive and put myself in the embarrassing place of saying to a woman that I don't know 'Oh, by the way... did you know that you bled on your friends sofa?' and thus finally being able to serve him by taking the embarrassment on myself??

Fuck no. I turn to him and say 'I'm a nurse. I'll stay here and clean it up while you go and talk to her about it.' Putting him in the most embarrassing position ever... a male talking to a female about her period.

-cue dramatic music-

Dum daaaaaaaaa DUUUUUUUM!

I'm a bad bad submissive. No biscuit for me.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
So often I feel like approaching people who make bad decisions with their personal hygiene and saying "Hun? Can we be friends for like, 5 minutes? I have to talk to you about something."
It's usually strangers, too. Like, customers, passersby, the parking lot attendant...

I totally would have been ok talking to Natalie about that, too. I don't think I've actually been embarrassed in years.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
Delicate_Torture

I'm totally not embarrassed when it comes to non-social situations. I could have walked up to her in a restaurant and whispered to her that she had 'that' stain on the back of her pants... but when you put me in a situation where I am one of the social factors I don't know how to react.

I'm not very good at being a grown-up.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have a girl in my grade who frickin smells like a gym locker room everyday, and when people even tried to tell her nicely about deodorant or something, she told the principal and got everyone who was trying to help her in trouble. Now she doesn't have many people who will even talk to her because she smells so bad. But she also has a very gnarly personality to match her stench.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
Mir

I kissed this girl last week and her mouth smelled rank. I could'nt muster up the courage to tell her about it. Should I have?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Yes, you probably should have.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
Mir

I just knew I'd feel really bad for saying it, seeing that it would be (I'd hope so) really embarassing for her, so I did'nt. Instead, I just soldiered on with the kissing.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
DarkHeartedDemoness

Ooh, touchy situation.

And incredibly un-tasty.

I probably would have mentioned it, but like I said, I'm never embarrassed. I'm sure there are nice ways of mentioning it, too...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Delicate_Torture

The perfect situation to stop kissing her, pull a packet of Mentos from your pocket, look over past her to an imaginary camera and just say...

"Mentos.. the fresh maker."

I've always wanted to do that. Damn.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #14
Splintered

I'm just curious here, so I figure I might as well ask your collective wisdom:

What is the "Correct" amount of "Smell"?

I mean, if someone wears too much cologne, they're going to smell bad. Too little, they're going to smell bad. If they brush their teeth, they might smell ok, but if they eat anything, it'll smell bad. Yet, if they don't eat, they'll die of starvation.

So, what exactly are the "Good" smells, and how much can you have?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
I'm just curious here, so I figure I might as well ask your collective wisdom:

What is the "Correct" amount of "Smell"?
I believe that would depend on each person's individual sense of smell, but when you have body odor, I'm surprised that the person who has it doesn't catch a whiff of themselves sometimes.

And as far as kissing someone with a rank taste, as if they had chowed down on roadkill... uhm... I think I would have puked during the kiss, so hats off to Mir for hanging in there.

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #16
Mir

I suppose since you're used to the smell of your own BO, you don't really pick up on it unless it smells very, VERY bad. But others will pick up even a mild BO problem because their sense of smell isn't familiar with it as you are.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #17
Geo_Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
One of my worse moments ever...

I am a submissive. My best friend Aaron is a Dominant. I have been in 'Big L Love' with him for at least two years now. (Yes, I know.. lesbian, male, etc... deal with it.)

Anyways, I've only ever known him online for the three years that I've known him. Finally I get to spend 12 wonderful days at his house, just hanging out and watching DVD's, ordering pizza etc. On one of the last nights that I was to be there his friend Natalie comes over to meet me.. I've spoken to her online a little bit as well, but not a great deal and this is the first time we've met in person. She sits down, we all chat, we decide that we MUST go to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner for the simple sadistic pleasure of taking an actual real Australian there... and no, we don't eat Bloomin' Onions here. We stand up to leave and Aaron calls me over as Natalie steps outside. There is a small, but obvious bloodstain on the sofa.

Now... do I act like a good submissive and put myself in the embarrassing place of saying to a woman that I don't know 'Oh, by the way... did you know that you bled on your friends sofa?' and thus finally being able to serve him by taking the embarrassment on myself??

Fuck no. I turn to him and say 'I'm a nurse. I'll stay here and clean it up while you go and talk to her about it.' Putting him in the most embarrassing position ever... a male talking to a female about her period.

-cue dramatic music-

Dum daaaaaaaaa DUUUUUUUM!

I'm a bad bad submissive. No biscuit for me.
Oh man... hopfully she was alright.

And this is why i HATE periods!!! Why cant men have them instead, actually... might be a bad idea.
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
c130

If MEN had periods, they'd be too stubborn to admit they're having their period, so they'd ignore it.

As for BO, I used to be a really smelly little bastard in early high school. XD I didn't know what deodorant was until my mum bought me some and was like "here, use this." These days I'm really attuned to how I smell, and I always sniff my clothes before putting them on in the morning to check whether they're clean or worn. If, halfway through the day, I catch a waft of evilness that reminds me I forgot to use deodorant that morning, I'll put on all the clothes I have with me, and keep my arms pinned to my sides. >_>

I prefer smelling like nothing at all than BO or perfume/deodorant, so I buy unscented deodorants and use them liberally. Sometimes if I've been burning lots of incense, I'll go out smelling like a joss stick, which I don't mind too much.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #19
Pancakes of Doom

There's a guy that I go to school with that smells like he showers in urine, and has little "freckles" on his back that are made of caked on dirt. If it wasn't for the fact that he would beat the shit out of me I'd say something.
Pancakes of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
ArtificialOne

Outback Steakhouse is such a ripoff. They don't have any good aus beers and the closest to coming to aus food is a single dish of lambchops.. Thats all!!!!

Of course a great deal of aus food is just american food with lots of sauce (catsup) and butter on everything.. oh and toasting anything that resembles bread..lol

Cheers!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #21
BlackButterfly

There are occasions when I have to walk down to the receiving floor to ask the guys what the hell are they doing; if I am unfortunate, I'll pass a truck driver that someone has let in to use the restroom who usually smells like he has been stewing in his own juices for 36 hours.

Not fun.

Especially when they want to stop and flirt. ::gag::
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote