Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #7351
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
That must be awful for you.

Heh! I hate it when people don't get sarcasm.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #7352
ape descendant

Well, Dad's gone. At least he's not suffering any more. Now its our turn to feel sorry for ourselves.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #7353
Murder.Of.Crows

I'm so sorry for your lose Ape.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #7354
MissCheyenne

Sorry for your loss Ape. Hugs.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #7355
Jaye Jang

Had sad stuff stuck in my brain today. It's Mother's Day. I have to work. Can't see my family because they're working today, too. My mom died two years ago. Worried about my adoptive 'mom' because she had to have surgery. Totally bummed today.

BTW Ape, sorry about your loss.

Lost my dad 3 years ago and my mom on Thanksgiving the year before last. (My dad was understandable because he was ill. My mom was unexpected. She was tough as nails, but then she fell and hit her head...). That's why I haven't been posting much on Gmail lately. Still coming to terms with that.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #7356
Solumina

I'm so very sorry to hear that AD, if you want to talk please drop me a pm.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #7357
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Well, Dad's gone. At least he's not suffering any more. Now its our turn to feel sorry for ourselves.
*hugs*Well I'm not sure if you believe in anything, but I'll pray for him if that's alright. I can't really provide much insight into what it is to lose a father, nor do I relish the thought of gaining such insight through direct experience. I can only imagine what you're going through, and with such imagined pain in mind I give you my condolences.

If you don't mind my asking(I'm hopeful such a question as this might even serve to be helpful to you in moving past the pain), I assume you already have the funeral planned out, if so what is to become of your father's remains.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #7358
Solumina

One of the pool techs just offered to pierce my nipples, how does that even approach be something appropriate to say to a coworker?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #7359
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Super big hugs for you darling. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I know it's hard babe, but you are strong and resiliant. Celebrate his life as much as you can, it will ease the pain (well it did for me).

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #7360
ape descendant

Thanks you guys.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #7361
Jaye Jang

Well, Mother's Day is over and I'm glad. Don't have my mom this year so that's hard. Still too soon. I still go and start to buy her a card, because I forget. The worst thing about the holiday is that it brings out the nasties in my family. (Everybody's still playing the blame game, i.e. whose fault is it this year that we don't have mom anymore -- because she fell and hit her head. So, it was my fault because I should've been momsitting that day even though my mom even felt like I shouldn't have to spend every weekend sitting around with an older lady watching the Weather Channel. And it was my sister's fault for leaving the room for a few minutes, and it was my brother's fault for calling her or she wouldn't have gotten up to answer the phone, and it was my other sister's fault for insisting on putting the blasted throw rug by the radiator -- and on and on and on). Maybe someday we will all get over the massive guilit trips and finally get to the point where we'll just realize that it wasn't anybody's fault. Mom was getting on and yes she was a fall risk, but she was stubborn as a mule and she would've have gotten up, answered the phone, slipped on the blasted rug and fallen even if the whole family had been there. And if the rug hadn't been there, she would have fallen on something else. If not then, then some other time because we would have had to chain her to the bed to keep her from getting up and around, and knowing my mom she would've just bitten through the chains. She was tough like that. Maybe someday we can get through Mother's Day and Christmas, and especially Thanksgiving (boy do I miss my mom's cooking), and just enjoy the holidays again like the semiabnormal family we were before. There, now. I've gotten it off my chest finally. I feel better already. (I love this thread).
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #7362
Angelic Dissonance2

Projectile Eviction. With under 12 hours notice. For no reason, other than corn.

Anyone else see how it's fucked up to wait 'til someone goes to work to tell them they have to 'find another place to live today' and never have made a single complaint...? Never so much as discussed a problem...?

On top of life-changing fucking bullshit, people you thought were friends suddenly shift axis and freak the fuck out, almost tasering the girl you share the room with...? God.

Finding a legit place to live is so time-consuming and fucking complicated... well not complex, but certainly consuming of a lot of man-hours.

Much stress. Probably knocked some lifespan off.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #7363
Valhalla

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/...12/05/joss.jpg

stopstopstopstopstop

i am so sick of these people.

I tried to type it in all caps, but the website lowercased all of it, making my rage look less intense. But seriously. I never want to hear about Firefly again.

I love a lot of what Joss Whedon does, but he has the most pretentious rabid fans that make me want to hate him and all his works, but I just can't. And these people are everywhere. And I can't wear my Buffy shirt without someone bawwing that firefly was cancelled.

It's been 10 years, and you didn't even watch it when it was on tv. Get over it already.

Okay rant over.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #7364
Solumina

Why are so many people who were totally accepting of the concept of an open relationship totally freaked out by an open marriage?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #7365
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Why are so many people who were totally accepting of the concept of an open relationship totally freaked out by an open marriage?

Because people are stupid. I think it's because marriage is 'holy' or 'in the eyes of god' or something like that.

It's the same ridiculous reason some people don't mind if gay people are having relationships, but believe that no way should they be able to get married.

It makes no sense to me either. To me, marriage is just expressing your love, and upping your agreement not to leave. If an open relationship was working for a couple, a non-open marriage might change things enough to create problems. Why mess with a good thing, married or not?
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #7366
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Because people are stupid. I think it's because marriage is 'holy' or 'in the eyes of god' or something like that.

It's the same ridiculous reason some people don't mind if gay people are having relationships, but believe that no way should they be able to get married.

It makes no sense to me either. To me, marriage is just expressing your love, and upping your agreement not to leave. If an open relationship was working for a couple, a non-open marriage might change things enough to create problems. Why mess with a good thing, married or not?
Actually I think it's the fact that marrage is known for being a complete monogamous dedication of one's self to another person. As such people with that strict definition in mind can see an open marriage as an oxymoron.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #7367
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post
Projectile Eviction. With under 12 hours notice. For no reason, other than corn.

Anyone else see how it's fucked up to wait 'til someone goes to work to tell them they have to 'find another place to live today' and never have made a single complaint...? Never so much as discussed a problem...?

On top of life-changing fucking bullshit, people you thought were friends suddenly shift axis and freak the fuck out, almost tasering the girl you share the room with...? God.

Finding a legit place to live is so time-consuming and fucking complicated... well not complex, but certainly consuming of a lot of man-hours.

Much stress. Probably knocked some lifespan off.
Sorry to hear this. I hate hunting for accommodation.

Ren: Agree with your definition about marriage,

Sol: hey if you both agree to an open one, then who am I to argue. it's your life to live the way you chose to live it.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #7368
Jaye Jang

It's my day off. And, once again, they're having a staff meeting, right smack dab in the middle of the day, which will once again cut my one and only day off in half. I know there are people with more serious problems, but it would be nice if we were discussing such issues. Instead, we are spending two hours today discussing such 'earth shattering' topics as whether or not the word followup should be hyphenated. *sigh!*
Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #7369
Solumina

Argh why do eyelashes keep ending up in my right eye? That was the 4th one today and my eye is really unhappy about this.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #7370
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Argh why do eyelashes keep ending up in my right eye? That was the 4th one today and my eye is really unhappy about this.
I know how you feel. >.<
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #7371
AshleyO

That happens to me a lot with the whole eye lash thing. Damn these beautiful long lashes of mine! DAMN THEM I SAY!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #7372
MissCheyenne

I get one lash that bends into my eye, it never comes out, it just bends and pokes me all the time.

I am your slice of pie
Old 05-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #7373
Murder.Of.Crows

The first time I used false eyelashes I glued my eye lid together.

lol, anyways, have you tried curling it to a proper position?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #7374
MissCheyenne

Me? I don't use curlers, the rest of my lashes all curl upwards anyway. They are one of my nicer features.

I am your slice of pie
Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #7375
AshleyO

Except for that maverick eyelash of yours.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote