Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Despanan

I predict we'll be hearing more of this kid in the news...

When he becomes a serial killer.

Quote:
A seven-year-old boy has been filmed going on the rampage at a popular zoo in Australia, killing rare reptiles and feeding live ones to a crocodile.

Footage from the security cameras at Alice Springs Reptile Centre caught the child smiling as he killed a total of 13 animals.

During his 30-minute spree, he was seen hurling the animals over the security fence into the crocodile enclosure.

Zoo officials described the boy's actions as "unbelievable".

They are considering suing the parents as the boy is too young to be prosecuted.

'Difficult to replace'

The attack happened on Wednesday morning after the boy entered the zoo by jumping over the security fence and evading sensor alarms.

Over the next half hour, he bludgeoned some of the animals to death with stones and hurled others over the two fences surrounding the crocodile enclosure.

At one point, he tried scaling the outer enclosure himself to get to "Terry", the 11ft (3.3m) saltwater crocodile.

A turtle, four Western blue-tongued lizards, two bearded dragons, two thorny devil lizards and the zoo's 20-year-old goanna were among those killed.

Zoo director Rex Neindorf said many of the animals were rare or mature and would be difficult to replace.

"The fact a seven-year-old can wreak so much havoc in such a short time, it's unbelievable," he told Reuters news agency.

Mr Neindorf said the boy had "clammed up" when questioned by police.

As children under the age of 10 cannot be held accountable for their actions in the Northern Territory, the zoo would be seeking to take action against the parents.

"We'll be looking at suing the parents, who were supposedly in control of him at the time," he said.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

Too bad he didn't try going after the cobras...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Saya

Oh my god.......Thats just disgusting. I know I shouldn't think so, but I can't help but regret he wasn't able to get in there with the saltwater crocodile. And the fact he isn't going to be punished for it.....I'm just really disgusted.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Where the hell were his parents? Charge them with child endangerment or abandonment, gross negligence SOMETHING! Now what I want to know is, does the brat have any brothers or sisters? They should be checked out for similar psychopathic behavior.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Cicero

I bet that kid will end up eaten by a crocodile in a few years, probably while trying to dispose of the bodies of a few dead backpackers in the same way he disposed of those lizards.

Seriously, whatever their age, children should know doing shit like that is FUCKED UP and WRONG.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
gothicusmaximus

Psychosis like that comes along only every so often. No amount of parental negligence can just create that, one needs to be truly FUCKED UP.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
Joker_in_the_Pack

Indeed, but the parents should have made sure he didn't jump a goddamn security fence.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Indeed, but the parents should have made sure he didn't jump a goddamn security fence.

Point.

But this majorly creeps me out. It is pretty fucked up, but I wonder what TV shows he watches. When my brother was younger, he'd often copy moves on TV. Especially Dragonball Z and Star Wars. Okay, now he didn't go around killing things, but has anyone ever considered that the parents haven't explained life, death, or cruelty to him? And if he watches violent TV, they probably haven't explained to him what's real and what's not or he's probably not up to the level of intelligence to naturally comprehend that by himself. If they let him jump a security fence, which I couldn't even get away with at this age, the maybe they've been very negligent in other areas of his life?
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
StrangeLove

Fucked up, indeed. I believe the adult version of this child is the guy who was recently sentenced for kicking his girlfriend's cat to death. -_-
StrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #10
Minyaliel

Poor child. I really pity him - he will have a difficult future. Someone should put him into a mental institution for a while, just to have him checked up and just made certain that he has access to talk to a psychiatrist.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
peacebear5028

What a disturbed little boy.
His parents should have noticed that there might have been some violent tendencies in there child....
peacebear5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
Pantherlette086

That's sad. Can you imagine the sick things he probably does at home? Probably can't keep any pets.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #13
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem

Point.

But this majorly creeps me out. It is pretty fucked up, but I wonder what TV shows he watches. When my brother was younger, he'd often copy moves on TV. Especially Dragonball Z and Star Wars. Okay, now he didn't go around killing things, but has anyone ever considered that the parents haven't explained life, death, or cruelty to him? And if he watches violent TV, they probably haven't explained to him what's real and what's not or he's probably not up to the level of intelligence to naturally comprehend that by himself. If they let him jump a security fence, which I couldn't even get away with at this age, the maybe they've been very negligent in other areas of his life?
I'm sick and fucking tired of people blaming any sort of media on why their kids are insane. If you raise your fucking kids properly and act like a real parent, then your kids should be fine even if they play GTA: San Andreas all day, every day. If a show or game really did influence the kid that much, then fuck his parents for letting him watch it. I'm tired of these pass the buck, don't blame the parents idealists who think that video games have more influence on a child's development than his fucking parents.

Sorry, just the second you mentioned TV I lost it, though yeah they probably were incredibly negligent which is why these parents aught to be locked up.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 10-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Where the hell were his parents?
Exactly. That's the first fucking question in my head.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
MegearaErotica

Wow... I wonder how he evaded the cameras...
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
Mealla

It's terrifying that a seven year old would commit such acts, but Joker is right on. Don't blame video games, tv, or any other media for something that is caused by either genetically-related mental illness, abuse, and/or neglect.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #17
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLove
Fucked up, indeed. I believe the adult version of this child is the guy who was recently sentenced for kicking his girlfriend's cat to death. -_-
If he's starting out this young, he'll likely graduate to people by adulthood unless he gets the help he needs.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #18
onedarkly1

I hope this horrible situation forces the childs parents to get him some help, if not I fear Despanan is right. We will all see a lot more of this kid in the future. __________________________________________________ __
“He is a man obsessed, fulfilling an oath he made a life time ago, this is his city there is no demilitarized zone.”
onedarkly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #19
The Antichrist

Damn.Thats the only thing That comes to my mind.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #20
TheBloodEternity

Would I be correct in saying psychopaths cannot be cured?

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #21
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
Wow... I wonder how he evaded the cameras...
He didn't , the alarm sensors never switched because they were set for adult height. What I'm struggling to grasp is just what must be going on inside his head. Seeing as animal cruelty as a child is one of the first signs of criminal behavior, imagine what this one could have grown up to be. Also, considering he killed that many in one go, I wonder what he's been up to in the past.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:29 AM   #22
StrangeLove

Quote:
Would I be correct in saying psychopaths cannot be cured?
You cannot "cure" mental disorders, from psychopathy to major clinical depression to addiction. You can only treat the symptoms and hope they don't fall off the wagon [stopping medication too soon, drinking alcohol again, etc], or you can chop out a piece of the brain so they become a walking zombie.

Some research has been done to show psychopathy is so deep seated in a person's neurological system it may even go back to the womb. The most that can be done is careful monitoring of the child, possibly medication, if it is indeed the case he shows symptoms of psychopathy [the whole no remorse at killing animals is a start].
Old 10-06-2008, 03:37 AM   #23
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLove
The most that can be done is careful monitoring of the child, possibly medication, if it is indeed the case he shows symptoms of psychopathy [the whole no remorse at killing animals is a start].
Since I held funerals for ants and caterpillars as a child...does that make me the opposite of a psychopath?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 AM   #24
StrangeLove

Quote:
Since I held funerals for ants and caterpillars as a child...does that make me the opposite of a psychopath?
Funerals? No, just goth.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #25
Visum Res

Okay. Am I the only one that thinks this child would be more harmed by exposure to an asylum than treated by it?
Visum Res is offline   Reply With Quote