Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Goths wear black because:
They feel no need to express emotion through fashion 70 12.94%
Black is how they feel inside 114 21.07%
It looks smart, and suits the night time. 113 20.89%
Black being dominant, Goths are trying to dominate! 31 5.73%
other (please state) 213 39.37%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2004, 12:17 AM   #76
anti_everything

Abercrobie_Prep, you're really starting to piss me off. You're an idiot, and I hate blatantly stupid people. You are saying, on a website called GOTHIC.net that GOTHS are faggots, and that they're the lowest rung of society. Oy. How can a person be so phenomenally stupid?

Fucking stupid people. I swear it's a conspiracy.
anti_everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:46 PM   #77
Abercrombie_Prep

But it is true, ask the majority of people, no one respects goths. I hate all of you god damned faggots in my god damned school who act like fucking douchbags and piss me off!!!!!!!!!!
Abercrombie_Prep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:37 PM   #78
anti_everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie_Prep
But it is true, ask the majority of people, no one respects goths. I hate all of you god damned faggots in my god damned school who act like fucking douchbags and piss me off!!!!!!!!!!
That's true in YOUR experience. Maybe it's not true in my case or in the cases of others here.

It's not about respect, it's not about caring what other people think about you. It's about being yourself--doing what's right for you, not for anyone else. You can't fairly judge us because you've never met us. By the same token, I'm trying really hard to be nice to you right now. I do know a few decent, understanding people who actually give you a chance before judging you, who happen to be preps, so I can't say "All preps are faggots who act like fucking douchbags and piss me off!!!!!!!!!!" because it's simply not true. Sure, I rather dislike a rather lot of them, but there are a few who are an exception. What ends up happening, to the fault of a few ignorant jackasses, is that the many are judged according to the actions of the few. That goes for everyone, not just preps, not just goths.
anti_everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #79
akhira

Alright! I'm gonna ask this once and only once.

Who allowed shit-for-brains on this board?

*Borrows E_P_S's flamethrower*

Lock and load. Aim. Fires at Abercombie
Old 06-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #80
vmprbitch666

Why Goths Wear Black

Well, I believe, that goths wear black because it is the absence of color. It is nothingness, the void, empty. I don't know about everyone else but I wear black to show my inner self and because it blends with the shadows. And to tell the truth: black is a rather morbid color. A morbid color for a morbid wearer. But aren't we all a little morbid? Besides, I would feel guilty if I was wearing preppy clothes. I would feel like I was lying to everyone and not giving them the full measure of what they were looking at. Besides....black is my favorite color.
~Drusilla
vmprbitch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #81
vmprbitch666

Abracrombie Prep

You know, at first, I was just a little bit taken aback when I saw someone called Abercrombie_Prep on this website; but I figured it was just a joke or something, but fuck! You don't come into a place like this and just start fucking with people! :evil: If we're so low get the fuck off our website, you stupid boner! We don't need your respect or permission! And we don't need your "peeps" permission either. I try hard not judge anyone, but people like Abercrombie here make it really hard. :twisted: So, who's ready to fuck this douche up?!
~Drusilla
member of "the lowest rung of society"
vmprbitch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:14 AM   #82
Asurai

Gentlemen, what you have here is a troll, governed by its property of deja moo instead of deja vu. Unlike deja vu, which is the odd occurence of the same happening being felt or realized, or believed to be felt or realized, several times, and the feeling which comes after a hindsightful revelation; deja moo is the concept that "I've smelled this bullshit before."

Deja moo, therefore, is both the lifeblood and weakness of trolls. Simply ignore them; bullshit looses its stench eventually.

Then again, who am I kidding? Flaming is so much funner.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:48 PM   #83
BeautifullyDecayed

I wear black because it represents this black hole that I am living in. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, I like my black hole just fine, it has opened me up to a world of truth where the death just doesn't seem so bad anymore. Being goth is opening up to the real world and accepting reality...something that people like Abercrombie_Prep will never be able to do.

~Beautifully Decayed
BeautifullyDecayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:49 PM   #84
BeautifullyDecayed

I wear black because it represents this black hole that I am living in. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, I like my black hole just fine, it has opened me up to a world of truth where the death just doesn't seem so bad anymore. Being goth is opening up to the real world and accepting reality...something that people like Abercrombie_Prep will never be able to do.

~Beautifully Decayed
BeautifullyDecayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:35 AM   #85
cradyn

Black fasion of a black rose

I wear black because it's who and what i am. I do not try to do it, it's just what i pick out whenever i go out shopping. Might be because I have a black heart or might just be because i like it. It' s just me!
cradyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #86
TwistedFuck

i wear black because i just like it and i can't find many clothes in olive or other neutral greens
TwistedFuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:23 AM   #87
Alekzandr

I cannot speak for others, i may only speak for myself.
I wore black before i knew that goth was not only a style of arcetecture and armor made in germany, but evidently a way of life and an outlook on the world. I just grew into it. Black is the power color, looks smart, is slimming, and i find it VERY attractive on me and members of the oppiset sex. as a bonus, it matches whith the 3 other primary colors of my wardrobe: Blue, Grey, and White.

I also find it hard to wear clothing something so blatantly preppy, or with the manufacturers name/logo plastered in 5 inch letters on my chest. i will not pay to be a billboard; you may pay me, not i you.
Alekzandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:06 PM   #88
gothicdemon04

ummmm

I wear black becouse i like the color black, my friends wear black, i feel more comfortable in black, and becouse darkness is black and i am darkness
gothicdemon04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #89
AimeeM

I wear black because, it makes me feel ... safe I guess. Black also reminds me of night, and night is beautiful. So I have my reasons.
AimeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:13 AM   #90
societylost

I feel comfortable in black.
societylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:31 AM   #91
Disfunction

I started wearing black because it was the stereotype of the group I best identified with, but as time went on I realized that wearing black made me feel more comfortable than when I wore other colours (yes I know that black isn't technically a colour, whatever). I guess it's just a matter of what fits someone. Everyone has their own preferences, it's like asking why some groups of girls wear pink; it just fits.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #92
Sandmanhero

what

Goths wear black? :shock:
Sandmanhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #93
Disfunction

Yarr! I'm a pirate... oh wait... Rawr! I'm not a goth! I'm the antichrist just like Marilyn Manson! He's my idol! He's the epitome of what it is to be a goth! Rawr! Selling out to the mob mentality just to make more money and ranting about that stupid shit is cool... Did I mention Rawr, and that I Xnguela is right?! POSERS! Only I'm a real goth because I say I'm not a goth!! RAWR!
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:37 PM   #94
rocker_baby67

its better than the other colors
rocker_baby67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #95
Andy_X69

Short Answer: It looks sleek, sophisticated and mysterious

Long Answer: We are in mourning for the death of the concept of individuality in a society packed to the gilles with collectivism.
Andy_X69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #96
OmmadDawn

Sociobiological reasons

People also wear clothes that differentiate themselves in order to make it easier for others of their group to recognize them. This is why Goths seem generally annoyed that their fashions are being adopted by the general public. It's making it harder to recognize actual Goths.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:40 PM   #97
akhira

It never goes out of fashion..?

:shock:

Duh! :wink:
Old 09-11-2004, 02:21 AM   #98
TeapotScar

Nobody can tell me I don't match when I don't wear any colors aside from black and white. Oh, and sometimes brown.
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:55 PM   #99
punkirony

Black's a neutral color...so... i wear it because when I wear any bright colors I feel to noticeable.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:25 PM   #100
Jane13

I like black, and it's hard to find purple in my favorite shade. If you really have to ask what my favorite purple is...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote