Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #151
honeythorn

I am still pondering what to get tattooed on my collarbones ..:/
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #152
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I am still pondering what to get tattooed on my collarbones ..:/
Teethmarks?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #153
honeythorn

well if you're offering XD
Old 09-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #154
honeythorn

Nah haha, I was thinking something....foliate...but delicate...with the possibility of tiny half hidden skulls....and maybe a little flower or two to make it at least remotely feminine.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #155
Underwater Ophelia

Ivy would be pretty.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #156
honeythorn

Hmmm maybe...I just have to be careful not to have anything too large. The one son my inner forearms are large, so I want something declicate to sort of balance it out a bit. I also think I want it shaded and with only a touch of colour.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #157
thedoll

i want little bats on my collarbone, but thats still something to think about.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #158
maggot

Fuck.

I tapered my ear to 8g too fast and too soon. It tore a little.
I had better not get keloids or extensive scar tissue, or so help me there will be hell to pay.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #159
Sir Canvas Corpsey

But scarring is kinda sexy Mags >_>;;

wish I still had that scar from when I was abouit 10, ran down from my forehead, over my eye lid and then down to my chin. I learnt a lesson when I got that one too! Don't let 6 year olds play Jurassic Park when you baby sit them, especially if they wanna be the raptors.

The kid took a knife from the kitchen draw and said he was going to eat me before slashing at my face, the mother walks in 20 minutes later coming home from work and offers me a gummy snake as consolation, and upon chewing it, a semi loose tooth came out and I was bleeding profusely >_>

But enough of the memories...

In summary, some scars are cool, though I don't think an ear scar would be very sexy..., i'm not too up on piercing lingo, tapered...does that equal being stretched or something? O_o
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #160
maggot

Yeah, when you stretch with a taper :P

Little cone-shaped thingy.

I don't want my fistula to have scar tissue. It makes it harder to stretch.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #161
MissGracie

I have three questions.
The first: Can a tongue piercing chip your teeth? I can see how its possible but I've never heard of it happening. My mom said that was a reason she didn't want me getting it done.
The second: If my ears hurt and get sort of itchy when I wear earrings, what's wrong with them?
The last: Could that same thing happen with my tongue?
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #162
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGracie
I have three questions.
The first: Can a tongue piercing chip your teeth? I can see how its possible but I've never heard of it happening. My mom said that was a reason she didn't want me getting it done.
The second: If my ears hurt and get sort of itchy when I wear earrings, what's wrong with them?
Yes, they can chip your teeth, but the risk is lowered if you get the correct size.

Redness and itchiness are signs of irritation and infection. Try soaking your ears in sea salt solution for ten minutes when this happens (one teaspoon of sea salt in a glass of warm water). If that doesn't help, see a professional piercer for advice.

Tongues always swell up after being pierced, but the swelling goes down and a new piece of jewlery is put in to compensate for the smaller size. I may be wrong but I think the only reason the tongue would become abnormally irritated would be due to infection (which is usually caused by not caring for the piercing properly).

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #163
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Fair enough then Mags and I get the gist of a "taper" now >_>

But if you get any other scars that don't interfere with piercing keep 'em, scars are <3
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:39 AM   #164
MissGracie

I'll try that. Thanks Nacht
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:16 AM   #165
NachtSorcier

You're welcome my dear.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #166
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGracie
I have three questions.
I chipped a tooth on my tongue barbell once. But if you wear a properly sized barbell after the swelling goes down, and get one with plastic instead of metal beads, you probably won't ever chip a tooth.

You might be allergic to nickel in the earrings you're wearing. Ears can often be more sensitive to it than other parts of the body (nickel is a common element in a lot of inexpensive jewelry). It is pretty unlikely that would happen with your tongue, but if it did you'd just need to get a tongue ring in a different material like titanium or acrylic.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #167
Slap Your Love

Three weeks till another tattoo
and I get my clavicles pierced!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #168
dark_merveilles_angel

Since we're talking about piercings... =D

I have 18: 10 in one ear, 6 in the other and then my nose and eyebrow pierced also...

Someone mentioned allergic reactions.. So I have a question for people. I had both my eyebrow and belly pierced and experienced an allergic reaction from SST or Surgical Stainless Steel. I lost my belly piercing and eyebrow. I THEN got my eyebrow repierced but with titanium. I still suffered an allergic reaction. So I waited for it to grow out then got it done with acrylic... Now why am I just allergic to metal in those two places? I've talked to a few different piercers about it but they don't know and one gave me a look almost as if I was bulls**tting...So... Anyone think they can explain this? =D
dark_merveilles_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #169
stompyhank

Piercings: I have my lip pierced on the left side, and three in my right ear (the ones in my ear were pierced by my dad). I also want to get my tongue done, the other side of my lip, my eyebrow, my septum, and some more in my ear.

As for tattoos, I want "Let it be" tattooed on my wrist in small letters, haven't decided on my font. I want the symbol found in the lair of It (in the book by Stephen King) on my right arm, and I'm tempted to get a naked woman on my back. Last but not least, I want a sort of key with a pentacle on it on my ankle - I don't really know how to describe that one, but if you've read A Witches' Bible Compleat by Janet Farrar, it can be found somewhere in there.
stompyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #170
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_merveilles_angel
Since we're talking about piercings... =D

I have 18: 10 in one ear, 6 in the other and then my nose and eyebrow pierced also...

Someone mentioned allergic reactions.. So I have a question for people. I had both my eyebrow and belly pierced and experienced an allergic reaction from SST or Surgical Stainless Steel. I lost my belly piercing and eyebrow. I THEN got my eyebrow repierced but with titanium. I still suffered an allergic reaction. So I waited for it to grow out then got it done with acrylic... Now why am I just allergic to metal in those two places? I've talked to a few different piercers about it but they don't know and one gave me a look almost as if I was bulls**tting...So... Anyone think they can explain this? =D
Depending on the quality of the metal there could have been traces of something that you are allergic to, bunches of people of people are allergic to steel so that could have been it, titanium allergies are quite rare but it is a possibility. Different parts of your body are better able to handle irritants and therefor would not have a reaction. You could have also had a reaction to something that the piercer used but I have no idea what that could have been
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #171
Heatherzilla

Reviving thread.

To those of you with nose piercings, how the hell do you get those little piggie tail studs in?

I've done it before but today it's just not working for me. I've had a very un-fun half hour.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #172
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene/Calypso
well im 17, and i have a tattoo already. ( It is in a spot where no one can see it and its alittle bigger than a quarter and my grandmother signed papers saying that i can get it done.) I got it the summer before i turned 17 and I have my cartledge pierced three times and my lob three on one side and two on the other I also have my belly button pierced and I'm getting two more for my birthday in Dec, also I'm getting more after that.

I have some questions though..
(i do have a high tolerance for pain but i would still like to know.)

Does it really hurt to get a sleve done?
Does it hurt to get your nose pierced?
How about the acelies tendon?
Wow Melpomene/Calypso! It sounds like you have a cool Grandmother, My Grandmother wouldn't do that for me, thats becauce she can't stand any of my gothy looks. Oh well. Go give her a hug for that!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #173
roserougesang

About 2 days ago I got my ears pierced for the first time ever ^_^
The amusing fact.......I'm less than 4 months away from turning 18, it did take quite a while to decide to do so.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #174
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherzilla
Reviving thread.

To those of you with nose piercings, how the hell do you get those little piggie tail studs in?

I've done it before but today it's just not working for me. I've had a very un-fun half hour.

Ah. I usually just grabbed the ball, started the little corkscrew in the hole, and pushed. They always went right in for me. I did learn to wash my hands very, very, very thoroughly, however, as salt hurts like hell when it gets in there. At least with me it did. Lets see. Tattoo updates. I just got half of my chest plate done, as soon as it heals, I'll be getting the rest. I have a zombie cowboy looking thing on my calf, a new(er) star on my wrist, and a Man In The Maze on my neck. I shouldn't be friends with people who pierce and tattoo for a living. It makes it too easy to get work done.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #175
Cen0bite

i'm thinking of getting a tattoo with the F Holes around the same place as the woman in the picture.
http://jerryandmartha.com/yourdailya...ges/manray.jpg
it's just really beautiful. and F Holes are always around the curves of the violin, cello, etc. so it being on the curves of a woman is just, wow.
beautiful.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote