Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
AshleyO

Something that just hit me.

So. Presidential candidates. Look at them. They're a mess. Yet for some weird reason, a lot of people seem to think disintegrating the federal government and upping states rights would somehow fix a lot of problems.

Thing is, LOOK AGAIN at our candidates. Look at who is actually in power on the federal level.

Reducing government would change absolutely nothing except for possibly concentrating the lunatics in a smaller container.

Bachmann and Perry, people. These two shit heads are running for president. Fucking president. Their state got the ball rolling on who was put there and THIS is what we get!

So again... Are the states' rights people SURE they want these jokers to NOT be held accountable to the federal government?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Saya

Perry and Bachmann aren't doing well in the polls though. Seems like most of them had a temporary moment of popularity, and then everyone went NAH.

Current favourite is Gingrich, but I was reading somewhere that it might be a momentary thing. I know a lot of Republicans are racist, but are they really going to nominate someone who said all that shit about poor kids and black kids?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
CptSternn

Usually when you see six crazy people sitting around debating its about how to kill the Batman.

(Yeah, I yoinked that from Weaselboy the other day as it was brill)
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
So again... Are the states' rights people SURE they want these jokers to NOT be held accountable to the federal government?
I'll play devil's advocate here.

States rights advocates don't need the presidential candidates to be accountable to the federal government because they're accountable to the state government instead. The idea is that a smaller government is able to react quicker and limit the damage to a smaller area. In fact, depending on what part of the political spectrum they're coming from, they could argue that the federal government is ineffective in stopping candidates like these anyway and that in reality they *aren't* accountable.

That aside, I was reading the other day that a survey found almost half of Minnesota voters want Bachmann gone, and less than a fifth want her to run for president. The same thing applies to Perry too: half of Texans want him out of office. I don't know how many would support him for candidacy.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote