Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
april13

Weirdness

So a coworker who I don't dislike but I'm not attracted to in the slightest made a clear pass at me the other day.

It was a bit of shock, because not only did I always assume she was straight, we never talked much beyond exchanging pleasantries so it was completely out of the blue.

What really weirded me out however, was that my workmates seemed to think it was the best news ever and started encouraging me to 'give it a chance', WTF?

Though I realise the ignorant masses seem to draw self-worth from being in a relationship or getting laid, and my workmates know I've been single and celibate for a long time, I was still rather offended that they expected me to throw myself at this woman just because she showed interest.
april13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Jackson Cutler

I don't think you should be offended. I think you should pity your other co-workers.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
april13

I guess it does say more about them than it does about me, I just couldn't get over how thick they were to keep encouraging me despite me clearly indicating I had no interest whatsoever.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
CIRQUEFREAK91

They're not your friends, so I don't think you should be bothered with it.
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
mindless1

lol, did she need a raise? jk
Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Elystan

This isn't whining it's thinly veiled bragging
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Solumina

No it isn't, it is an uncomfortable situation that was completely unexpected, involves the feelings of someone that she does not want to hurt and has created an exceptionally awkward work environment so I'd say it is a perfectly valid situation to whine about.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
april13

Thanks for coming to the rescue Solumina, while I was mildly amused to find my post atracted the only piss poor excuses for trolls we have left, it's kick to see a respected regular has my back.

The situation has diffused itself because I decided to act completely oblivious, which seems to have done the trick. My workmates still take the piss now and then but it's all in good fun.

And 'phobestan, what exactly are you implying here? It would be rather ignorant to think such uninvited attention is worth bragging about because the woman was previously perceived as straight.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Alan

Don't worry about him, he's just a douche.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by april13 View Post
Thanks for coming to the rescue Solumina, while I was mildly amused to find my post atracted the only piss poor excuses for trolls we have left, it's kick to see a respected regular has my back.

The situation has diffused itself because I decided to act completely oblivious, which seems to have done the trick. My workmates still take the piss now and then but it's all in good fun.

And 'phobestan, what exactly are you implying here? It would be rather ignorant to think such uninvited attention is worth bragging about because the woman was previously perceived as straight.
I implied nothing, my accusations were quite explicit
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
april13

Thanks Alan, I thought I'd try feeding the troll but that turned out to be no fun at all.