Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #6076
Saya

Maybe Texas has such weird politics because they're all mad with the heat.

But yeah, 15 degree weather is ideal. Above that is too much.

Oh, I should add that my house traps all the heat in, so its much hotter in here than it feels outside. I don't know how hot it is in here.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #6077
BlacKat

*sigh*

Ok, I know, parents fussing over goth is old news.

But really, now was not a good time. Not when I really am trying to battle severe mental health problems. Not when all hell has already broken loose in the rest of my life. Dammit, I have good reason to be depressed. The colors I wear are not what's making me depressed. And I could use a little family support right now, not someone telling me if I'd just change my clothing everything would be fine.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #6078
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I must have missed it! Elaborate?

My rant: I'm dying from the heat and humidity. I'm trying to keep perspective, its only 25 degrees, there's no rain in Texas, Afghanistan is way hotter, but...Canada is supposed to be cold

FUCK YOU GLOBAL WARMING!
I fucking hate humidity. I grew up on the west coast, so I didn't even know what humidity really felt like until I lived in Indiana for a little bit.

And Afghanistan isn't really that bad. I remember Kuwait and Iraq's heat being more oppresive then patriarchy.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #6079
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
And Afghanistan isn't really that bad. I remember Kuwait and Iraq's heat being more oppresive then patriarchy.
Well played, sir.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #6080
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
*sigh*

Ok, I know, parents fussing over goth is old news.

But really, now was not a good time. Not when I really am trying to battle severe mental health problems. Not when all hell has already broken loose in the rest of my life. Dammit, I have good reason to be depressed. The colors I wear are not what's making me depressed. And I could use a little family support right now, not someone telling me if I'd just change my clothing everything would be fine.
Didn't mean to overlook this, just not sure what to tell you. Honestly it sounds like a dismissal of mental health issues if they really think clothes can cause it. And from what you've posted in the picture thread, your look isn't very dramatic anyway.

Again, I hate to assume shit and I can be totally off, but it doesn't seem to be about parents fussing over goth, you know? It seems more about parents trying to trivialize what you're going through.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #6081
Fruitbat

Quote:
Maybe Texas has such weird politics because they're all mad with the heat.

But yeah, 15 degree weather is ideal. Above that is too much.

Oh, I should add that my house traps all the heat in, so its much hotter in here than it feels outside. I don't know how hot it is in here.
How cold does it get in winter? We have been having 10 degrees C during the day and it's way too cold.

Humidity sucks.

Blackat. *hugs* Are you getting professional help with the mental illness? Try to find something good in each day hun.

Some parents forget that kids need to be kids, explore the world and find out exactly where they fit into this crazy world.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #6082
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
How cold does it get in winter? We have been having 10 degrees C during the day and it's way too cold.

Humidity sucks.
I'd say an average day is -10, been up to -20 with windchill last winter.

And for some reason Versus wants to go south for his mid tour leave. Pfft.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #6083
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Saya, are you really complaining about 25 degrees not being cold? I don't think that it normally gets that cold in the winter down here!

Who is this 'sock guy'? Do we need to perform some voodoo on him?
Canada uses celsius like us. Saya should still stop moaning though, we had weather in the mid-20s here as well and it's great, stop being such a damn goth.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #6084
Saya

Its not a goth thing. Its a "I'd like to be able to take a ten minute walk without getting dizzy and sweating through my shirt" thing.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #6085
Solumina

Sock guy goes up to the female employees and asks for their socks, he specifically targets our Russian girls who he knows are pretty terrified of doing anything to upset a guest (their boss is a total ass who likes to threaten to have people deported for next to nothing but that is a whole different rant), he will then bring the sock back after making a little deposit.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #6086
Valhalla

^ Oh my god, that is terrible. D :

Anyway, ugh. Whenever I'm at work, after about 5 hours or so my left shoulder starts to hurt like hell. Hopefully it's from lifting things and stretching muscles that aren't used to doing anything for extended amounts of time, and it will fix itself.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #6087
Solumina

What exactly do you do at work?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #6088
Fruitbat

Quote:
I'd say an average day is -10, been up to -20 with windchill last winter.

And for some reason Versus wants to go south for his mid tour leave. Pfft.
Okay, I'd never thought I'd say this but Saya You are insane!

Seriously??? Just as I was beginning to get some respect for Canadians, you go and say something completely crazy like this. *wink*

-20 isn't a temperature, it's the score on a rock's IQ test.

And I'm really surprised at Versus lack of dedication to visiting you. I mean that is totally slack - seriously slack. And here I was thinking he was a manly man.

Canadian's are cool but don't tell the Amercians

Old 07-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #6089
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Sock guy goes up to the female employees and asks for their socks, he specifically targets our Russian girls who he knows are pretty terrified of doing anything to upset a guest (their boss is a total ass who likes to threaten to have people deported for next to nothing but that is a whole different rant), he will then bring the sock back after making a little deposit.
EEEW! And he's not banned for life, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat
Okay, I'd never thought I'd say this but Saya You are insane!

Seriously??? Just as I was beginning to get some respect for Canadians, you go and say something completely crazy like this. *wink*

-20 isn't a temperature, it's the score on a rock's IQ test.

And I'm really surprised at Versus lack of dedication to visiting you. I mean that is totally slack - seriously slack. And here I was thinking he was a manly man.
I don't like the bitter cold either, ideal weather for me is 10-15.

And I know, right? Total girl when it comes to cold weather XD
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #6090
BlacKat

Quote:
Didn't mean to overlook this, just not sure what to tell you. Honestly it sounds like a dismissal of mental health issues if they really think clothes can cause it. And from what you've posted in the picture thread, your look isn't very dramatic anyway.

Again, I hate to assume shit and I can be totally off, but it doesn't seem to be about parents fussing over goth, you know? It seems more about parents trying to trivialize what you're going through.
They're not usually this bad, to be fair. There's been a LOT happening lately, and everyone's pretty overwhelmed. I think it's more that everyone's just kind of exploding over whatever pet peeves have been around. I don't think my mother seriously believes what she said, and she apologized for taking her temper out on me. We've had someone basically using the legal system to try to ruin dad's career, and he's the sole family income, so...yeah, everyone's out of it right now.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #6091
Versus

Quote:

Actually, the biggest deterent is getting a passport while on an outpost with only 30 people in Afghanistan. It's true that I'm a little girl in the cold, but girls are watching so it wouldn't stop me.

Quote:
Canadian's are cool but don't tell the Amercians
wut

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #6092
Grausamkeit

Heh, thanks for reminding me about the differences in temperature measurement, JCC. I forget that other countries normally use Celsius. Still 77F isn't that bad. I like the heat, but the humidity makes my hands sweat something fierce. If I could get those botox injections for my hands I'd be a lot happier. Or maybe just move somewhere where there is no humidity...

BlacKat, sorry about the family troubles, hun. *hugz*

Solumina, that guy needs to be kicked in the head, hard. Where do you work that people can't speak up about something so horrible?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #6093
Catch

Wooo! Mom's vacation is over. Yep, free to get back on task like how I'm already used to doing things. Yep, no more staying up late for Mom. She just sits there going to sleep during the time I relax and think of ideas for this and that. She knew annoyed me and I need the time to do other things. It just irritates me having other people around, because I'll usually talk through concepts. Oh well, it is over now. ~bliss
Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #6094
Fruitbat

Quote:
Actually, the biggest deterent is getting a passport while on an outpost with only 30 people in Afghanistan. It's true that I'm a little girl in the cold, but girls are watching so it wouldn't stop me.

wut
You could meet Saya at the border and have a chat. She could bring cupcakes and you could bring, um, I dunno whatever it is you bake?

And yes Saya is watching - although I've heard she likes to watch - which could be a Canadian thing or maybe it's just a Saya thing?? XD

And the jibe about the americans was that I thought there was rivallry between you guys? You know don't call an American, a Canadian and vise versa? I've learnt the hard way and just say "So where do you come from?"

Although generally you can tell the difference because the Canadians are much more easy going (read this as tolerating the warped sense of humour that Australian's have).

Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #6095
Versus

Quote:
You could meet Saya at the border and have a chat. She could bring cupcakes and you could bring, um, I dunno whatever it is you bake?
I cook hand grenades.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #6096
Fruitbat

Quote:
I cook hand grenades.
Well that will certainly give Saya a bang then. XD

Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #6097
Saya

Quote:
Well that will certainly give Saya a bang then. XD
I was hoping for another kind of bang, actually.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #6098
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Aneurysm?

I hope for that some days, too.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #6099
Solumina

Quote:
EEEW! And he's not banned for life, why?
He will be just as soon as they can figure out who he is, but right now all they have to go on is that he is a tall black dude with graying hair, which doesn't help too much when you have over 2,000 guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Solumina, that guy needs to be kicked in the head, hard. Where do you work that people can't speak up about something so horrible?
The regular employees have no fear of speaking up but Igor, our temp staffing guy, is a piece of work. There was one girl who cut her finger in while working in the kitchen and she begged security to overlook it, to the point where she was in tears and about to have a panic attack, because she was so afraid of what Igor would do if he found out, even though it was a complete accident.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #6100
Fruitbat

Quote:
Well that's between you and Versus and border security.