Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #7426
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lovecraft View Post
Sweet Zombie Jesus. I'm from Wisconsin and even we don't get snow in May...often.....
I swear this is the only state where you can experience all four seasons in a week.
Where have you been!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #7427
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lovecraft View Post
Sweet Zombie Jesus. I'm from Wisconsin and even we don't get snow in May...often.....
I swear this is the only state where you can experience all four seasons in a week.
Our four seasons here are: Almost winter, winter, still winter and construction. They also say that we have to sleep under a comforter in June here. Unfortunately, too true. My uncle came down from Alaska one time to visit and went back because he said it was too cold here.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #7428
Solumina

I can't decide which is bothering me more, the sunburn or the bug bites, both are atrocious.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #7429
Solumina

How do you know when something crosses the line between close, affectionate friendship to something less innocent, something where someone could end up getting hurt? I know what my heart holds dear and I know that will not waiver, no matter what fun distractions are to be found, but I've come to realize that others may not be so fortunate and that what I view as harmless fun they may see as wicked temptation.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #7430
emeraldlonewoulf

Finally, last week i got some plants in the yard. We have had a solid MONTH of good weather. A week after planting, we get rain, and SNOW. Snow should be outlawed from May through October.

And, Miss Lovecraft, I can't help but wonder if that's Nevada, as we frequently get all four seasons in a week, and I've seen at least twice all four in a single day here.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #7431
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
This is unable to be fixed.

My mother's fiancee recently moved in with us. I love him, he's a great guy, and he's done more for us than my biological father (who is an alcoholic and a dopehead) ever has. The problem with this is that ever since he moved in, my mother has been less happy and more miserable and has been drinking and smoking pot a lot more often. To the point where she does it during the week before StepFather drives us out to play practice. (And she's in the cast.)

She also has gotten into this thing where she won't let me be quiet. If I'm quiet for too long, she gets mad and tells me to tell her what's wrong with me. When I say "nothing" she rolls her eyes and basically tells me to suffer then, and when I tell her my problem (generally to do with her lack of presence, constant misery, subsequent anger, and how I already lost one parent to this kind of thing) she accuses me of trying to guilt trip and manipulate her. I'm used to her drinking in moderation for fun, now it's just kind of ridiculous. She KNOWS I'm frightened because she has a history with
"substances". (cough cough CRACK cough, which she quit a few years ago. She never told me she was on it, I figured it out for myself.) Oh, and she also told me she quit taking her Zoloft because "pot was more fun and cheaper".
She also tells me that if I keep it up she and StepFather will just start going out to the bars and getting smashed and then come home and sit at the table and smoke bowl after bowl.

My nine year old sister knows whats going on and it hurts her too. It hurts me to see it hurt her. I want to fix this but I just can't.
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #7432
Grausamkeit

VL, that is a painful situation to be in. In my family it's normal for people to drink and smoke pot after work.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #7433
Jaye Jang

It's raining and snowing. It's cold and I'm sick. I'm also bummed because there is a carnival in town and I wanted to take my family, but I can't because I'm sick, the weather is lousy and I have to work tonight, otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford to go anyway. (Can't get off work even though I'm sick, because we're short-handed. Besides I need the money. It wouldn't be sooo bad if our QA Lead were still on vacation. I didn't make even one mistake while she was gone. I made four the day she came back. I know I shouldn't allow the woman to intimidate me, but it's hard to be stoic when she's so aggressive and I feel so lousy -- and bummed out. Fortunately, I still have a few hours before I have to "put my game face on" and go deal with the woman. Unfortunately, she's already written me up twice today and I haven't even started my shift yet. Sometimes, I think it's personal with her).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #7434
Solumina

Nonononononononoononononono this is bad, very, very, very bad. Please don't let me lose a friend over this, not again.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #7435
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Nonononononononoononononono this is bad, very, very, very bad. Please don't let me lose a friend over this, not again.
Whats wrong? Is this a continued situation from your previous rant posts. I have some suspicions as to what this might be about but given their nature I'd rather just ask.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #7436
Solumina

Well I guess you could say they're related as they neither would be an issue if I wasn't such a god damn flirt but other than that they are completely different. In situation #1 it's mostly that this whole thing going on that I don't feel like detailing at the moment has made me really aware of how different people may interpret, or misinterpret, the way I act around certain people but I think I'm actually making some progress there.

Situation #2 is where I have once again found out that someone I thought was a decent friend turns out to be a less than awesome person who is mad that I'm in an open relationship but I still wont sleep with them, because apparently being in an open relationship means that I should be fucking everyone, at least I should while my husband is away, especially since I'm "such a fucking tease".

I really have lost a lot of guy friends since Jake left but most of the creepers came out early but I guess Mike didn't know we have an open marriage and drunk dialed me after he found out yesterday. I didn't hear my phone go off and he left a really garbled message but the fact that he drunk dialed me just after 7:00pm coupled with a few of the phrases that I could make out led to that post and when I talked to him today I found out that yep it happened again, so now I'm down to exactly one close male friend.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #7437
Solumina

Ugh I think the thing that is bothering me the most is that now I'm questioning my friendship with Wil, not because he has done anything but simply because of how all of my other friendships with guys have turned out, which is stupid and unfair to him.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #7438
ape descendant

Solumina, an open marriage, like any poly sort of relationship can be difficult. It seems that the creepers really do come out and friends can certainly show a side of themselves that would have otherwise been quietly controlled or strangled.

It seems when the prospect of sex comes up, some people haven't really learned any sort of manners or don't bother to think things through.

I wish you luck with your situation. If you want or need to talk feel free to PM me.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #7439
honeythorn

THE JEHOVAS HAVE FOUND US.

He was such a lovely old man but pleasepleaseplease go away I do not want your Jehova!

To be fair I think they're beginning to learn tact, at least round here. He wasn't at all pushy, really very nice and simply showed me his leaflet ( the usual Watchtower and something about safe foods to eat?? WTF? )

At which I decided to gird my loins and try my damn hardest, smiled in what I hope was a sweet manner, and said No thankyou. He took it well, said "thankyou for coming to the door anyway love " and left.

The pentagram in my bedroom window seems to have worked at scaring them off all these years until now.... maybe this bloke is new and it attracted him to try and convert me? . Time to do the boundaries! I don't want Jehova lurking in my letterbox!!!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #7440
Solumina

Thanks AD, I just wonder how much of it is people being dumb about the situation and how much is my personality making it worse. I hate to have to apologize simply for being who I am but maybe I do need to watch what I say and do.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #7441
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Solumina, an open marriage, like any poly sort of relationship can be difficult. It seems that the creepers really do come out and friends can certainly show a side of themselves that would have otherwise been quietly controlled or strangled.

It seems when the prospect of sex comes up, some people haven't really learned any sort of manners or don't bother to think things through.

I wish you luck with your situation. If you want or need to talk feel free to PM me.
They should teach people sex etiquette in sex ed class. This is where the clit is, remember it, and also remember, no one owes you sex.

Sol, if he's that much of a creep (does he do that to his single girl friends?) then he ain't no friend anyway. That smacks of "Nice Guy" behavior and what, is your friendship worth nothing because you won't sleep with him?

Its nothing that you can really watch, its just that a lot of men are only willing to celebrate female sexuality up until the point you say no.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #7442
Fruitbat

Quote:
Thanks AD, I just wonder how much of it is people being dumb about the situation and how much is my personality making it worse. I hate to have to apologize simply for being who I am but maybe I do need to watch what I say and do.
You'll find Sol that some guys think that when you just talk to them, they think you are coming onto them. I used to work with a guy who when I asked him where he used to live in Brisbane (because I used to live there), he thought I was coming onto him, when I was making conversation. After that he went all weird. I gave up on chatting to him, and if we spoke I'd be short and sharp in my response. That's why I don't talk to pretty guys - they tend to think I'm coming onto them, even when I'm just being friendly. Or if I do talk to them, I'm gruff because I seriously don't want them to get all 'princess' on me.

It's not your fault you're comfortable talking to guys - he's the one with the hang up.

Also as you get older, you cut so called friends from your life, because either you start to see who they really are, or you just get fed up with their bullshit about the way you live your life.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #7443
ape descendant

Quote:
You get to make friends, that's some thing you're allowed to do as a human being. Be yourself, speak your mind, set boundaries you're comfortable and don't let people push them.

Don't let other people set your life for you, don't curse your personality. If you are going to watch what you say and do, I would recommend being clear about your feelings and wishes.

As long as you are clear and straight forward about your boundaries, you'll know that when people are pushing them its the "people being dumb" factor.

Be Kind
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #7444
Solumina

Thanks guys I do feel a little better, y'all can be pretty good with this whole advice thing.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #7445
Fruitbat

I'm so f-ing tired, I can barely stay awake during the day. My body is like a lead weight. Fuck this. Brain is custard. Double fuck this shit.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #7446
Solumina

Sometimes I get completely overwhelmed by life
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #7447
ape descendant

Bleh, depressed.

Be Kind
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #7448
Murder.Of.Crows

What's up Ape?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #7449
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Bleh, depressed.
Okay, you know what I suggest to remedy this?

1. Jelly wrestling with Fruitbat.
2. Sitting in a kiddie pool full of popcorn with Fruitbat.
3. Eating chocolate.... with fruitbat.

PM if you need to talk.

Super big squishy hugs babe. You are awesome! Take care of yourself.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #7450
CIRQUEFREAK91

I have a calculus test coming up... so many forms to remember!!!!!!!!!
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote