Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
thekorupt

TheKorupt

Hey, I have posted a few times and I wanted to actually introduce myself.

My name is Suzanne, but I have always hated my name, so I would prefer if you stuck to Korupt. I am married to a metal head named Jon. He is a blast and thinks that the weirder I am, the better. He is in luck, because I have the tendancy to offend almost everyone I meet instantly, or they think I'm awesome.. so... either way...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I paint and write. I read alot. Art is my world though..

2. Where are you from?
Alabama

3. Who is your favorite author?
Wow.. thats pretty broad. Well, I love Frank Peretti's work, Neil Gaiman, James Patterson, Poe, and of course, me. :-) Really there is too many to list. I don't know that I have one favorite. I gravitate towards writers and artists that embrace their flaws though.

4. What are your favorite films?
Session 9, Constantine, the original Blob, IT, Thing, House on haunted hill, psycho... I like Hitchcock horrors.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Well, as for what WAS played at my wedding.. I walked down the aisle to Metallica - Nothing Else Matters..

6. At your funeral?
Life is Beautiful by SixxAM

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Quickly. Seriously. I would like to die doing 180 mph on a Hayabusa. My family expects me to OD. Jon expects me to live forever. I want to go out quickly as one of those wrecks that there isnt enough OF me to have an open casket funeral, because my mom would insist on that. She's weird like that. But yeah... the last few moments, blasting down interstate, watching that needle hit 140..150...170..190... Feeling the best high you can imagine... then feeling nothing. That sounds like the perfect way for me to go.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
The cheapest one available. And closed.. no open casket view the body BS. I have personally paid for 5 funerals. I want them to bury me in the backyard. Whatever is cheap and/or free. Funerals are a joke. They are for the living, not the dead. If you wanted to pay your respects to me, visit me while I am alive. Be someone I can count on. If your ass shows up just to ease your own conscience after I'm dead, I hope I can come back and stalk your ass after I am dead.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Jeans, Boots, corset top.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
My grandparents. They practicaly raised me, and I miss them alot.

11. What's your favorite band?
Wow thats way too broad to even begin answering...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Some college... I would like to go into art, or something to advance my writing..

13. Why did you join?
To meet likeminded people

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I am a chick.

Well... if anyone wants to know anything else, jsut ask or pm me.
thekorupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!

I like the song that you chose for your funeral song. It's really good.
There's nothing wrong with being weird. It makes a person interesting. :P
Are you a published author?

Well, enjoy your stay!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekorupt
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Quickly. Seriously. I would like to die doing 180 mph on a Hayabusa. My family expects me to OD. Jon expects me to live forever. I want to go out quickly as one of those wrecks that there isnt enough OF me to have an open casket funeral, because my mom would insist on that. She's weird like that. But yeah... the last few moments, blasting down interstate, watching that needle hit 140..150...170..190... Feeling the best high you can imagine... then feeling nothing. That sounds like the perfect way for me to go.
You'd better hope you land head first with no helmet. Otherwise there would be a lot of agony before the feeling nothing.

Could you at least give us a couple of bands you love so we can get some idea of your tastes??

Welcome to g-net!

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Tea and Cake or Death

They expect you to O.D. huh? Wow. All points indicate that you are classy.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
thekorupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Are you a published author?
Yes.. published long ago.. I am working on some new stuff, though. Hopefully being published again isnt far away.

Quote:
You'd better hope you land head first with no helmet. Otherwise there would be a lot of agony before the feeling nothing.

Could you at least give us a couple of bands you love so we can get some idea of your tastes??
It asked how I WANTED to die. I didn't say this was the most practical way to go out. Even though... if one was planning to go out this way, one would not wear riding gear, would they..

If you ask how I will probably die... I will probably die very old because my husband has declared he demands I live forever. I told him he didn't get a vote.

Ok music... I like everything from Disturbed (yeah there are alot of Disturbed haters here I noticed..) to Alice Cooper to Hellyeah to Otep. I like everything from Type O Neg to The 69 Eyes to System of a Down. Hell I even like some hip hop. SOME, mind you. King Gordy is aite in my book. I used be to obsessrd with music.. but that died off after I got married.

I like old stuff, like Metallica. They suck now though. Oh and I love Korn.

Quote:
They expect you to O.D. huh? Wow. All points indicate that you are classy.
I have a chronic pain disease that has had me on pain meds for years. I tried to OD when I was in my mid teens because of the pain from my illness. My family assumes no one can ever grow up or change. They have it in their mind that I was the family screw up and thats that. Doesn't seem to matter that the family golden child is a 24 year old that still lives with mommy and daddy and plays with action figures, and who's life's dream is to be a mascot. Yeahh...

I can see how it would sound like I am totally screwed up from that original statement, but I am only mildly screwed up, I promise. :-)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
viscus

You seem pretty cool, welcome.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
thekorupt

Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekorupt
I can see how it would sound like I am totally screwed up from that original statement, but I am only mildly screwed up, I promise. :-)
Don't worry. We accept all degrees of screw ups here. Mainstream people probably think everyone on Gnet is a screw up. So, you're in good company.

It's cool that you write too and have actually been published. We have lots of writers on here but very few mention having been published.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
thekorupt

Groovy. :-) Thanks Man, for the welcome.

My father was a "screw up" by mainstream accounts. While he wasn't goth in any way, I always identified closest with him. He just.. accepted his issues and grew from them. He gave me the strength to not follow the "normal path" in life. I remember him telling me "who wants to live exactly as someone else does? Make your own path." Dad never found his path, really, but it was cool to at least see someone try to in this society.

Yeah... I took writing very seriously for awhile. Then I just..didnt. I dunno. I needed to fix me. Anyways.. now I am working with a church to do articles for youth subculture outreach.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
Aaroneet

You seem interesting; welcome to Gnet.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #11
thekorupt

thanks aaroneet... I try to be interesting, or at the least, amusing.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Noirette

You're intresting.
I would like to read the things you write.
welcome.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #13
thekorupt

Thanks.. I'll try to get some up soon.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
NightmareInShiningArmour

Welcome korupt

God I'd love to have an ubergoth meeting or something, something like the Wave Gotik Treffen but so that everyone on Gnet could meet. That'd be pretty cool.
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
thekorupt

That would be awesome.
There are so few Goths around here. My God at the looks I get... I am a rarity here. I like going to this one area in this city nearby... its about an hour drive, but I can walk down the street and blend in. I don't mind being weird, but every now and then, I just want to be around people like me. Its a neat area.... but its small.