Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #176
Chris_Morey

I was in this thread first. Go make your own, lovebirds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
lawls... but I agree, we were here first, and your a dirty liar if you say other wise. So get your own room.
Chris_Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 AM   #177
Murder.Of.Crows

Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #178
Grausamkeit

Fuck that! We's jackin' this shit!

C'mere, Crows!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #179
Chris_Morey

Thumbs up 25% off New Years special!

We at Dark Regions Press would like to thank each and every one of our customers for helping us grow this year, inspiring some very exciting new projects that you will be seeing in 2012. Without our loyal readers we wouldn't be where we are today, and for that we are forever grateful.

To show our gratitude we are offering 25% off everything in the store until 12:01 AM PST, January 1st, 2012. This is our way of thanking you for a fantastic year, and for helping form what will be a very exciting 2012. Here is your 25% off coupon code:

NEWYEAR25

Use this code in the final stage of checkout at DarkRegions.com

Click here to redeem the 25% off New Years special!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #180
Murder.Of.Crows

Oh, how I love you Chris Morey, C'mere and give me that sweet love. You came here on new years, to peddle your crap books, but, i love you, for your determination and perseverance through our ridicules and judgments. So, come, take advantage of me, I want you too. It's okay. We'll call it love.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #181
Chris_Morey

I'm flattered, truly! I appreciate you calling them "crap books," by the way. Order one of these "crap books" and get back to me.

Quote:
Oh, how I love you Chris Morey, C'mere and give me that sweet love. You came here on new years, to peddle your crap books, but, i love you, for your determination and perseverance through our ridicules and judgments. So, come, take advantage of me, I want you too. It's okay. We'll call it love.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #182
Despanan

How about, in honor of our budding romance, you send us all free books Chris_Morey.

Afterall, without us, you'd just be posting these adverts in a vacuum. We've given you more than scorn, Chris_Morey, we've given you purpose. We've given you MEMORIES.

You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #183
Chris_Morey

This is true. I quite enjoy our discussions. Okay, tell you what. You guys pick a book that you want and I'll ship you a trade paperback free of charge. No I'm not kidding. Just make sure the book is currently available in trade paperback edition: www.DarkRegions.com

I'll only do this for a few of you, though. Desp gets one automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
How about, in honor of our budding romance, you send us all free books Chris_Morey.

Afterall, without us, you'd just be posting these adverts in a vacuum. We've given you more than scorn, Chris_Morey, we've given you purpose. We've given you MEMORIES.

You're welcome.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #184
Chris_Morey

If you want one of the newer books that doesn't have trade paperbacks available yet let me know.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #185
Chris_Morey

No takers for free books? Really? Okay, moving on then...
Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #186
Despanan

Actually, I will totally go for that. I'm just in the middle of a 13 hour car trip, checking Gnet sporadically on my phone @ rest stops.

The free trade paperback is supercool of you. How about I check out your selection and pm you about it tomorrow?
Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #187
Chris_Morey

Sounds good. We have some reader copies of Nightingale Songs. I know you liked that cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Actually, I will totally go for that. I'm just in the middle of a 13 hour car trip, checking Gnet sporadically on my phone @ rest stops.

The free trade paperback is supercool of you. How about I check out your selection and pm you about it tomorrow?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #188
Murder.Of.Crows

Wow, now I feel like a bitch. Way too cool of you Chris Morey.I think I'm going to actually look at your books now....
Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #189
Despanan

Chris_Morey is a classy guy.

Looking thru what you've got, I think I'll go for the reader copy of "Nightingale Songs" actually, as that's the first cover I've unabashadly enjoyed. Plus check out the author:

Motherfucker's HARD. Got a look on his face like "Yeah, I'm in Toronto, but you probably thought it was New York. Now excuse me while I drink some Starbucks like I don't give a SHIT."

Unfortunately I can't PM you (You don't have enough posts) so I sent an email to the address on your website with my work address, that way if instead of the book you send me a box of spiders (don't send me a box of spiders) I can just pour them on my co-workers.

I look forward to us making Internet History, You and I, as the first time someone Trolled a book out of someone else.

Stay Classy Chris_Morey
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #190
Chris_Morey

Your trolling skills are quite adept, so you really deserve some kind of reward. We shipped out the book today, I'll be surprised if you don't have it by the end of the week, early next week at the latest.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #191
CuckooTuli

*Tiny Tim voice* God bless us, everyone.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #192
Chris_Morey

There's still a couple free books left for folks on this forum. Would you like one, Tiny Tim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
*Tiny Tim voice* God bless us, everyone.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #193
Murder.Of.Crows

Well if your still offering, "Hard Boiled Vampire Killers" looked as if it may be a good read.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #194
Chris_Morey

Use this form to e-mail me your shipping address, Crows:

http://www.chrismorey.com/write_me.html

Quote:
Well if your still offering, "Hard Boiled Vampire Killers" looked as if it may be a good read.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #195
CuckooTuli

Why not. I'll go for Nightingale Songs as well, if I may - I liked that cover too. Not to mention, that author is looking the camera like he knows it's lying to him and it gets ONE CHANCE to apologise before blades shoot from his sleeves and everything turns the colour of pain.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #196
Chris_Morey

Cool Phantom Navigation by Robert Frazier launching Tuesday, January 10th!

Phantom Navigation by Robert Frazier will be available on Tuesday, January 10th! The book will already be in stock and shipping upon launch:

Click here to read more about Phantom Navigation

23 chromosomes from one parent, 23 from the other. 46 inescapable parts to a recipe. In Robert Frazier's case, his father was a cryptographer at Bletchley Park during WWII, and his mother was a landscape painter who studied with Emile Albert Gruppé. Thus the mystical science of deciphering gibberish into plain text meshes with a penchant for impressionistic imagery in Phantom Navigation. Within his first poetry collection in ten years, Frazier maps half-a-hundred works collected from a long career in publishing. Join the 3-time Rhysling-award-winner as he explores the intersection of science and art with a vengeance.

"As honest as wheat, as spectacular and absorbing as a dream, Phantom Navigation is an explosion of creativity from one of America's finest poets. Robert Frazier's breadth of vision is extraordinary."
- Lucius Shepard, author of The Dragon Griaule

"A little Ginsberg, a little Eliot, a little Coleridge, and a lot of storytelling in the sfinal way, yet it is poetry, pure poetry, down to its pretty little ionized toes. How can anyone who loves poetry and sf/fantasy resist this new
collection by the master himself. That's it! Don't resist! Resistance is futile."
- Jane Yolen, author of Things to Say to a Dead Man

"Robert Frazier writes knowing, evocative, poignant, and allusive poetry. His images and metaphors, in addition to startling with their aptness, create clear pictures of alien situations and phenomena, a remarkable skill. Further, this book showcases Frazier's talents in nearly fifty disciplined individual performances."
- Michael Bishop, author of The Door Gunner, and Other Perilous Flights of Fancy

Read more...

Launching on Tuesday, January 10th! Click here to be reminded when it launches.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #197
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
Your trolling skills are quite adept, so you really deserve some kind of reward. We shipped out the book today, I'll be surprised if you don't have it by the end of the week, early next week at the latest.
Man, all I need to do now is leverage my ability to be a dick on the Internet into Cold Hard Cash.

Nothing yet on the book front...though our mailroom is really slow. I'm heading over there during the break to see if they're sitting on it instead of delivering the damn thing.

If it's a bomb I'm calling Homeland security on your ass.
Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #198
CuckooTuli

To be fair, if it's a bomb, I'd consider yourself out-trolled.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #199
Despanan

Only if I don't come back to haunt Chris_Morey.

Man, that would be awesome. I'd spend eternity floating around the Dark regions office whispering "Eeeyyyyefail" in the editor's ears and making small areas slightly colder.

sometimes I'd even move coffee cups from one desk to the other.
Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #200
CuckooTuli

Hehe... Phantom Brenton.

(Yes, I am easily amused.)