Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
hououinkyouma

Greetings

Greetings all, my handle is a little lengthy so you can just call me kyouma
if you want. (if you get the reference my handle makes, i'll love you forever)
I came here looking for a good forum to socialize under.
Personally, I am not the greatest at socialization in real life, and am way better online.

Right now, I'm trying to take control of my life and have some fun.
I live in the US currently and plan on moving to Germany in about 5 years for education. I feel I haven't been doing enough and need to do more before I leave. Currently, I am not in school and do freelance programming work. Soon, I'm pursuing a degree in Computer Science and in the future Physics. My actual goal is the physics but I need a financial base to get onto that path.

Generally speaking, I'd be considered a mad scientist. I'm even working on my own "theory of everything".

My hobbies and passions include: physics, gaming, music, anime/manga/VNS, programming, thought, cosplaying, and con-going. I also tend to go out dancing at local goth nights.

General speaking with books I tend to keep an open mind. Haven't read an actual novel in awhile but when I did read them, I liked Anne Rice, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, H.G. Wells, Robert Hineline, and Isaac Asimov. Typically though, I read books pertaining to physics right now (I'm always researching). Most recently I've taken interests in Massimo Vilato, Michio Kaku, Peter Higgs, and Brian Greene. I also do some writing in my own free time.

With music, I typically like things in the metal genre (and subgenres) and industiral genre (and subgenres). However, I keep an open mind. Some of my favorite groups include: Tool, Delerium, Amethystium, Rammstein, Ministry, Megadeth, Arsis, Dethklok, Amon Amarth, NIN, and honestly a whole lot more. I also write music with my band (although we still haven't finished a song). It's just general metal. Kind of like a fusion between Tool, Megadeth, and Rammstein.

With tv/movies I haven't really kept up to date with most things here in the US. Most of what I watch is anime. I've watched some shows here and there. Such as: Rick and Morty, Doctor Who(both classic and new), Metalocalypse, Supernatural, Heroes, Adventure Time, and a few other I can't quite remember right now. The last good movie I watched was Transcendence.

With anime I watch most anything. Both the good and the bad.
My favorites include: Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou, Love, and Other Delusions, anything Monogatari, Berserk, and so much more. I've watched A LOT.

Hope you'll all learn to like me,
hououinkyouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:55 AM   #2
Molster

Hi kyouma,

Are you referring to Rintarou Okabe perchance? Have to admit I haven't watched a lot of Anime but it's amazing what the Internet can tell you...

Good luck with the studying. Some interesting authors and bands there, love a little Stephen King, H.G. Wells, Isaac Asimov, Tool, Rammstein & NIN

Anyway, pull a chair, make yourself comfortable and enjoy your stay here. Can I get you a drink?
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Anise

hououinkyouma welcome!
Like you already
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Pr1aP1sm

"Theory Of Everything" - Now That is Interesting!
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote