Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Joker_in_the_Pack

Fuck P.c. Bullshit

Fuck Political Correctness. It's ridiculous. Being "Politically Correct" usually makes you factually wrong, and it makes you seem like a pussy. Hey guess what, if his family has been here seven generations, he's not African American, he's black, you P.C. assholes. Guess what, they're not "special", they're not, "mentally challenged", they're retarded. They suffer from mental retardation.

Also, it's not Best Performance by a Male or Female Actor, it's Best Actor and Best Actress, it's not insulting, it's English. If you're really that sensitive that the phrase Best Actress seems insulting or sexist, go shoot yourself. The term isn't "handicapable" stop trying to be overly empathetic you nitwits. Cripple was too harsh, so we went to handicapped, which is a completely correct word, contextually speaking. Guess what, talk to anybody in a wheel chair and ask them if they wanted to be treated like a pity case. Guess what they'll usually say? Fuck no. So stop acting like they're so sensitive for fucks sake. Yes, they can't walk. Yes, it sucks for them. Can you at least give them the respect to treat them like normal fucking people and not like objects of pity and learn to deal with your unwarranted guilt when you call something what it really is?

Furthermore, because you P.C. assholes do this a lot, fuck off with this every child is special bullshit. Telling your kid he is special to you is fine and necessary, telling them they're the best shit in the world is being ridiculous. You're supposed to nurture your kids, not lie away reality. Also, all of this banning shit like playing tag and dodge ball for being exclusionary, fuck off will you? Seriously, instead of banning sports that are part of kids childhoods, why don't you try teaching these kids proper views of the world and not to exclude people because it isn't right, instead of just banning the game like a butcher hacking off wounded limbs.

In addition, fuck you parents that give your kids the hardest times in the world about sex and drugs. Fuck you all. When you were kids you did the same damn bullshit that they're doing now. It's called growing up, they need to fall sometimes you know, back the fuck off. Unless your kid comes home with the cops, leave him the fuck alone. Fathers, I know you love your little girls, but please don't be so delusional. She's going to have sex, and the harder you make it, the earlier it happens. Teach her about safe sex, and give her condoms in case her boyfriend, "forgets them" do NOT treat her like Rapunzel or what you will get is a daughter fucking for spite.

Stop trying to avoid hurting people's feelings to the point where you are telling them bold face lies, and stop trying to hide the world from your kids. At one point or another, we all need to look and accept what reality is, the sooner you do it the easier it is. You know what you get when you raise your kid to question everything, stick to logic, and don't feed him bullshit? A kid who, when they grow up, won't fall for those stupid fucking, "send money to Nigeria" scams, and a kid who won't be a victim to some fat cat. Stop protecting people from reality. Fantasies are fun, but they're obstructive.

Vertically challenged? Suck my dick. If you're short, you're short, deal with it. If you're a dwarf, you're a dwarf. Not a midget, not a little person, a DWARF. It's not politically correct, it's the medical term.

If you're fat, stop calling yourself curvy or voluptuous. When you're ten pounds overweight, or twenty, you can get away with curvy. When you're in excess of fifty pounds overweight, you need to get in shape, for your health above all. Don't feel bad about being fat either. If you're humongous, and perfectly healthy and happy, then more fucking power to you for not listening to what society considers beautiful. However, you should not sacrifice your health out of sloth or spite. If you're over weight, in bad health, and you constantly bitch and do nothing about it, shut up, you have a chance to change and you instead want to be a victim, well fuck you.

I'm sick and fucking tired of people denying reality. Reality is there, whether you like it or not. Grow up and accept it you fucking pussies.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
Cicero

Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
Joker_in_the_Pack

You have no idea how much steam I blew off in that one.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:44 AM   #4
Disaffected Shoelaces

You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

People think they can change the inherent attiude by changing the word. The evidence consistently confirms that they can't, but that doesn't mean we won't continue chugging out a new word for retarded every five years, while the inherent attitudes remain unchanged. It's basically censorship which either achieves absolutely nothing, or allows people to go on fooling themselves - therefore no one wins.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Is it being P.C. if you call them Little People because that is what they want to be called?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 AM   #6
LiUsAiDh

I want to be called 'Her Royal Highness Queen of the Western Isles Liusaidh'.

Doesn't mean I get called that (sadly).

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Is it being P.C. if you call them Little People because that is what they want to be called?
Yes. Primarily because It's a stupid fucking term. It's one step beyond Political Correctness, it's oversensitive self denial, and totally pathetic. Fuck "little people". Know who deserves respect? A dwarf who goes about his daily life as if he were six feet tall, and if people ask him what is he, he responds with, "Well I'm half German, that's my mothers side, I'm a bit English and Welsh on my father's." Someone who doesn't care about being four feet tall. Or if someone callously asks what's wrong with them, they reply with, "I had trouble falling asleep last night, I have go to stop drinking coffee at dinner." I'm sick and tired of ANYONE being in self denial because they turn themselves into a pity case.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Yes. Primarily because It's a stupid fucking term. It's one step beyond Political Correctness, it's oversensitive self denial, and totally pathetic. Fuck "little people". Know who deserves respect? A dwarf who goes about his daily life as if he were six feet tall, and if people ask him what is he, he responds with, "Well I'm half German, that's my mothers side, I'm a bit English and Welsh on my father's." Someone who doesn't care about being four feet tall. Or if someone callously asks what's wrong with them, they reply with, "I had trouble falling asleep last night, I have go to stop drinking coffee at dinner." I'm sick and tired of ANYONE being in self denial because they turn themselves into a pity case.
So using your logic "I'll call them what I want to call them and not what they want to be called" it would be ok to call blacks the N word because everyone can ignore what a person wants to be called and instead call them whatever the hell we feel like calling them.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
So using your logic "I'll call them what I want to call them and not what they want to be called" it would be ok to call blacks the N word because everyone can ignore what a person wants to be called and instead call them whatever the hell we feel like calling them.
Unless I’m mistaken, he’s not talking about making deliberately offensive and inflammatory words socially unacceptable, but about employing euphemisms instead of dealing with the reality of the situation. For example, moving away from the term “retard” because it’s used as an insult makes no difference, because now my friends describe someone who would once have been called a retard (in the colloquial and un-pc sense) as “a bit special”. Meanwhile, someone who innocently alludes to retardation by its proper name will draw unfounded disapproval.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #10
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
"My name is John, but I prefer being called Johnny."
"Hi, Frank."

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Aaroneet

I always find it ironic when people can't look at someone who's different and treat that person as though he or she is equal. What's more ironic is when that person likes to think of his or herself as being in favor of "equal opportunity".

On a side note, I'm 4'11. I used to use the term "vertically challenged"; I officially stopped and just accepted that I'm short.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
Mir

Like calling fat people 'dangerously overweight' or 'clinically obese'. Doctors in the UK are being told to refer to fats kids this way, and to NOT call them fat. Calling someone fat, if they are fat, is the reality of the situation. Get over it.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Guess what, they're not "special", they're not, "mentally challenged", they're retarded. They suffer from mental retardation.
On this one you're wrong..."special" doesn't mean mentally retarded alone, it can be developmentally slow, it can mean a kid has Down's...
Calling any child with a mental disorder retarded IS offensive, because he may be affected by a completely different disorder, and it shows you just don't give a shit enough to figure out what it is and just brand him "retarded."

Quote:
Furthermore, because you P.C. assholes do this a lot, fuck off with this every child is special bullshit. Telling your kid he is special to you is fine and necessary, telling them they're the best shit in the world is being ridiculous. You're supposed to nurture your kids, not lie away reality.
I think you're overreacting on this one. If your problem is with parents telling their children that they're BETTER than every other child, say that--don't say you have a problem with every child feeling special.

Quote:
In addition, fuck you parents that give your kids the hardest times in the world about sex and drugs. Fuck you all. When you were kids you did the same damn bullshit that they're doing now. It's called growing up, they need to fall sometimes you know, back the fuck off. Unless your kid comes home with the cops, leave him the fuck alone. Fathers, I know you love your little girls, but please don't be so delusional.
Yeah, you're right, it's not like smoking pot can lead to other things...oh wait.
Indeed, not EVERY kid is going to start using coke and kill himself or just end up on the streets, but who wants to take that chance?

As for sex--teen pregnancy is a fucking epidemic, and while I don't think you should tell your children never to have sex or that sex is bad, you shouldn't encourage teenages to have sex.

Quote:
Vertically challenged? Suck my dick. If you're short, you're short, deal with it. If you're a dwarf, you're a dwarf. Not a midget, not a little person, a DWARF. It's not politically correct, it's the medical term.
You're an idiot for this one.
First of all, midget is correct. A midget is NOT THE SAME as a dwarf, so yes, it would be offensive to call a midget a dwarf for the same reason calling an autistic child retarded is offensive.
The term "little person" is used for the same reason "special" is used.
Because people like you just can't be bothered to learn the actual term and just call everyone a dwarf.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Like calling fat people 'dangerously overweight' or 'clinically obese'. Doctors in the UK are being told to refer to fats kids this way, and to NOT call them fat. Calling someone fat, if they are fat, is the reality of the situation. Get over it.
Well, that's different...they're doctors.
Why wouldn't a doctor use the medical term?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
Saya

I thought midget was a bad term? They censor the word on some Canadian channels.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I thought midget was a bad term? They censor the word on some Canadian channels.
Yeah, a lot of people don't like the word "midget," but it's just an old medical term.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #17
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
That may be different from place to place, I don't really know. The word 'nappy' is a diaper in England and in the US it is a highly offensive racist slur, so many 'African Americans' say at least...which by the way, makes me thankful that I don't have to spit out to everyone daily that I am an English-French-German-Scottish-Dutch American. Really not sure why some feel the need to categorize people so much to be honest.

Why does just plain 'person' not work? It really is as simple as that the vast majority of the time. I mean obviously I can see the need to be descriptive while say...pointing out that you need to talk to a guy standing in the middle of 40 other people and calling him a "black guy in a red shirt" as to not have to interview 40 people to find the correct one you need to talk to. Or explaining that someone is Romanian, thus why they don't understand your explanation of a menu in English so well and perhaps you need to use smaller words and speak slowly. Or discussing a persons health problem with the terms to describe the illness, etc. But for fucks sake at how people have overcomplicated common, daily terminology. Communication really is about getting an idea across so that someone else can understand what you mean. Obviously people should have enough manners to not call others terms that are rude or offensive on purpose but to nitpick every little thing is getting ridiculous.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #18
Solumina

I agree with most of Joker's post (yeah it is a bit exaggerated and forceful but it is a rant that is generally how rants come out) but I do feel compelled to repeat what Ophelia said, dwarfism is a medical condition that causes someone to be a dwarf, being a midget is not the same, being a midget is being under a certain height and can be cause by environmental causes, a correctable chemical imbalance (vs dwarfism which is not correctable), leg/back injuries, or whatever.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #19
Tam Li Hua

Hmm. Well, I agree that people are a bit too oversensitive about certain things these days, but I also know that offending folks on purpose is just rude and unnecessary.

For instance, I would feel funny calling a midget a 'dwarf', because to me 'dwarf' brings up an image of a magical creature from a fairy tale with a pointy hat. In fact, I probably wouldn't point their height at all unless it was absolutely necessary.

I also wouldn't call a person with no legs a cripple, or a mentally-challenged person retarted. But I do my best not to treat them with pity either. Understanding, yes, but not pity.

May I ask, though, what inspired such a rant..? O.o
Old 08-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I also wouldn't call a person with no legs a cripple, or a mentally-challenged person retarted. But I do my best not to treat them with pity either. Understanding, yes, but not pity.

May I ask, though, what inspired such a rant..? O.o
That's because not all mentally challenged people are retarded.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #21
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That's because not all mentally challenged people are retarded.
Exactly. Mentally-challenged could mean ADD, or it could mean that they have Alzheimer's or any other variety of things.

I would probably say their exact condition instead: Downs syndrome, etc.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
First of all, midget is correct. A midget is NOT THE SAME as a dwarf, so yes, it would be offensive to call a midget a dwarf for the same reason calling an autistic child retarded is offensive.
Because people like you just can't be bothered to learn the actual term and just call everyone a dwarf.
BULLSHIT. EVERY single disease that causes Dwarfism is a type of fucking dwarfism and I Want you to find me one site OTHER than a dictionary to tell me midget is a proper word.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
Joker_in_the_Pack

Fuck editing times

Quote:
BULLSHIT. EVERY single disease that causes Dwarfism is a type of fucking dwarfism and I Want you to find me one site OTHER than a dictionary to tell me midget is a proper word.

Midget is the derogatory term given to dwarfs. Little people is P.C. bullshit and you can see my other thread about that.

I've done extensive research on Achondroplasia (which is the leading cause of dwarfism) and many other types as well. For those who wish to tell me a midget means one type of dwarf and a dwarf means another, don't ,save yourself the breath. Before you say I'm ignorant and stupid for not listening to your counter arguments, realize, you're going to be fucking wrong.
Why? Because I have countless resources that prove me right including:

Meredith College:
http://www. meredith. edu/stones/dwarfism. htm#Angeline

Merriam Webster's Medical Dictionary
http://medical. merriam-webster. com/medical/dwarf

The Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit medical organization.

http://www. mayoclinic. com/health/dwarfism/DS01012

Dictionary. com which references American Heritage dictionary and Random House dictionary.

http://dictionary. reference. com/browse/dwarf

Encyclopedia. com
http://www. encyclopedia. com/doc/1E1-dwarfism. html

The National Library of Medicine, part of the National Institute of Health, a government organization.

http://www. nlm. nih. gov/medlineplus/dwarfism. html

And finally, the Little People's Association, which is the official foundation for all people with any kind of dwarfism. Arguing against that about dwarfs is like arguing against the NAACP about black people.

http://medical. lpaonline. org/dwarfism_types/

None of you will find ANY distinction between MIDGETS and DWARFS in terms of appearance and medical diagnosis. That claim is like saying there's a biological difference between a ****** and a Black person. It's wrong, just fucking wrong.

There are two hundred causes of being "a little person" and all of them are types of DWARFISM. Don't believe me? LOOK AT THE LPA WEBSITE!

By the way

Down syndrome (DS) is a condition in which extra genetic material causes delays in the way a child develops, and often leads to mental retardation
http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical..._syndrome.html

Also, I've NEVER heard of an autistic kid being referred to as special. They're usually called autistic, not "special".
Old 08-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
MitsyMayhem

My mom teaches Special Education and my step brother is autistic. People here refer to him as special. Though that just might be a regional thing.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #25
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Fuck editing times

Midget is the derogatory term given to dwarfs. Little people is P.C. bullshit and you can see my other thread about that.

I've done extensive research on Achondroplasia (which is the leading cause of dwarfism) and many other types as well. For those who wish to tell me a midget means one type of dwarf and a dwarf means another, don't ,save yourself the breath. Before you say I'm ignorant and stupid for not listening to your counter arguments, realize, you're going to be fucking wrong.
Why? Because I have countless resources that prove me right including:

Meredith College:
http://www. meredith. edu/stones/dwarfism. htm#Angeline

Merriam Webster's Medical Dictionary
http://medical. merriam-webster. com/medical/dwarf

The Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit medical organization.

http://www. mayoclinic. com/health/dwarfism/DS01012

Dictionary. com which references American Heritage dictionary and Random House dictionary.

http://dictionary. reference. com/browse/dwarf

Encyclopedia. com
http://www. encyclopedia. com/doc/1E1-dwarfism. html

The National Library of Medicine, part of the National Institute of Health, a government organization.

http://www. nlm. nih. gov/medlineplus/dwarfism. html

And finally, the Little People's Association, which is the official foundation for all people with any kind of dwarfism. Arguing against that about dwarfs is like arguing against the NAACP about black people.

http://medical. lpaonline. org/dwarfism_types/

None of you will find ANY distinction between MIDGETS and DWARFS in terms of appearance and medical diagnosis. That claim is like saying there's a biological difference between a ****** and a Black person. It's wrong, just fucking wrong.

There are two hundred causes of being "a little person" and all of them are types of DWARFISM. Don't believe me? LOOK AT THE LPA WEBSITE!

By the way

Down syndrome (DS) is a condition in which extra genetic material causes delays in the way a child develops, and often leads to mental retardation
http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical..._syndrome.html

Also, I've NEVER heard of an autistic kid being referred to as special. They're usually called autistic, not "special".
Call them retarded, then.
What do I care?