Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
evilchik360

the rocky horror picture show

i know many poele have seen this movie, but i wanted to be sure poeple here hav seen it too,. i think its the most amazing comedy/musical, ever made. especially the fact that tim curry is in it. but i was wondering, what do you people think about it, i mean, im only 13, and most of u people are older than me. so please let me know. i hope i like the results :grin if none of u hav heard of this wonderful movie i will be shocked :shock well c ya round!
evilchik360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
dreamydancer

Go read 'For The Newbies.'

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Disfunction

I've seen it. It's alright.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
AlKilyu

It's better than alright.

I saw it when I was a teenager, nervous cause I thought those dang trannys would bite, and I ended up having a blast.

I'm not a fan of reinacting it on the stage however. It's all well and good to throw shit around, but don't be an attention whore.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
Disfunction

I wasn't the biggest fan. It's one of those hyped movies. If people build it up, build it up, build it up, I get let down.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #6
Jane13

I couldn't watch it all the way though >.< The funny thing is I was watching at home by myself and I was like "Oh my gosh! Gaaa!" I'm such a little kid sometimes. >.< My friends are pretty into it though... once they whent to a showing of it all dressed up... and it was cancelled. They stayed and watched Haryy Potter decked out in fetish gear ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
wikked

I loved that movie the first few times I saw it. I vaguely recall making my friends who hadn't seen it yet come over to watch it on video. It's not as fun to throw toast at your own television. It's been quite some time since I last watched it.
wikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #8
HerGhostInTheFog

its one of my favorite movies
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:27 AM   #9
mortalitas incomitatus

All I Have To Say Is.....

Oh Brad.
Dammit Janet.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
Empty_Purple_Stars

I played Magenta for 3 years in a row at the Bellaire Theater, wayyyyyyyy back in the nineties..

It was TONS of fun and I would do it all over again if I was younger and on that many drugs again..

Haha!

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
dreamydancer

I felt really smart when I realized that they were eating Eddie. It wasn't until I watched it a couple of times and of course my friend pointed it out to me. Well, I should shut up now.:oops:

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #12
Which_ones_Pink?

Tim Curry is so cool in this, and Richard O Brien too, this film is the best. I have the soundtrack too, it rocks!
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:15 AM   #13
mortalitas incomitatus

love tim curry in suspenders.........mmmmmm yum yum.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #14
Lucifer's Lady

Location: Sheffield, England. And maybe in a few years: Cocytus, the City of Dis, Lower Hell.
I went to see this movie with a few friends last halloween. Fucking hilarious.
Lucifer's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
Saturnine

man, this movie has been a favourite of mine since my childhood. i used to watch it with my parents and i never really understood it. but i knew all the words to all the songs and people thought that was cute.

i remember once for a skating competition i did the time warp. it was awesome fun, and ofcourse none of the other kids understood it at all.

this past halloween i made my friends watch it with me. some were confused and slightly scared but a bunch loved it. i only wish i could have gone and saw it in the garb at the theatre and thrown the toast and squirted a water pistol. the DVD has the prompters for that, but i somehow dont see the fun in the actions done to my home television set.
Saturnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:24 AM   #16
psychopixi

I adore the film, although my mum was just baffled by it when she borrowed the video from me. I haven't yet been to see it in the theatre, although it does get put on about once a year round here.

Has anyone dressed up to go and see it?
psychopixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #17
Black Gestalt

It's very entertaining.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:40 AM   #18
Disfunction

I learned about Shock Treatment from a webcomic.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #19
Danag

I read about Shock Treatment a while back ... I want to see it, but ... All I know about it is that Brad and Janet (played by different people) are on a couples' game show.

And that's the extent of my knowledge on the actual film.

I also read somewhere that O'Brien wanted to do a sequel that actually had something to do with RHPS. Something about Frank coming back from the dead, because Janet is pregnant with his kid.

But seeing as how Tim Curry hates being pinned up beside RHPS, he refused to reprise the role of Frank, and the rest is history.
Danag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #20
dreamforthedead

I hate how people make sequels and don't use the same actors for the same parts. That truly does annoy me
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:42 AM   #21
SoothingScream

I love RHPS. I think it's a great movie. I want Frank-n-furter's heels from "Sweet Trasvestite", haha, those were killer. Tim Curry was amazing. I don't see why so many people hated being in it, they have a cult following that adores them now... And Tim Curry has had a great career anyways, and Susan Sarandon, too... right? And that one guy, he was in that one show, it was funny.

Cough.

But, I'm technically still a "virgin"! I have yet to see it in the cinema or see the stage show. My friends say they will pop my cherry when I go to LA to see them, and I can't wait.

I'd love to see Shock Treatment, just becuase it's related to RHPS. I don't care how bad it is.
SoothingScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #22
dreamforthedead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Think about how "controversial" the film was at the time, think about all the creeps & psychos that can get their hands on weapons and all the creeps & psychos that would like to be *exactly* like Brad or Janet or Frankenfurter and have collected locks of their hair and their dirty socks and pieces of their garbage.
I dont appreciate being called a creep or a psycho Xng, just because I own their dirty undies doesn't mean IM crazy. Besides, once the plastic surgery is finished I WILL be Janet!!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #23
x666xvampirex666x

I really liked the Rocky Horror Picture Show, in fact i just watched it two days ago. I really like how it was put together.
x666xvampirex666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #24
dreamforthedead

Who are you talking about??
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #25
Dark Art

Wait a minute. There's a sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Interesting Freudian slip I just had. I was trying to type "sequel" and started to type "sexual". LOL
Dark Art is offline   Reply With Quote