Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
industrialgirl

Hi from rainy seattle!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I work at musicwerks in Seattle (the goth industrial music store that we have here) I also have a regular 9-5 job in the library industry. I like to go clubbing, drinking, causing trouble. I also do some modeling for fun, and play in a band called Glis. I have been in the goth scene since I was 17...so 13 years now. (Damn! I am OLD) I tend to go to a lot of scene related events. I just went on the VNV cruise, I have been to WGT twice, and played it once. I fly down to LA a lot to visit friends and hit up Perv, and Bunker.

2. Where are you from?
Spent 10 years in Phoenix, and then moved to Seattle

3. Who is your favorite author?
I honestly don't read all that much. If I do it's usually manuals, or true life crime novels.

4. What are your favorite films?
Here are a few of them...I have WAY to many to list. Lost Boys, Secretary, Nightmare Before Christmas, City of Lost Children, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Office Space, Romper Stomper, Amelie, Pirates of the Caribbean, and most war and horror movies

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Wedding!??!? Yeah, that isn't going to happen any time soon!

6. At your funeral?
Shiny Happy People by REM. I think it's one of the most depressing songs ever written!

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I wanna go out in a blaze of glory. I dunno how...hopefully it's not very painful though.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I want one of those caskets that you can get made with pictures on them. Maybe get one airbrushed with pics of myself all over it...ha-ha-ha.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I can't pick just one. Are you KIDDING?!?! Probably something that is latex though...yumm...shiny!

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
not worrying about paying bills

11. What's your favorite band?
Wow, another question that is hard to answer...how long can I make this post? Lol. Ok, favorites in no particular order...Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Covenant, Icon of Coil, Seabound, Mesh, Converter, Manufactura, Feindflug, Suicide Commando, Combichrist, Panzer AG, Tactical Sekt, Grendel, Xotox, Soman, Asche, Aslan Faction, Hocico, Haujobb, Funker Vogt, Leather Strip, Sheep on Drugs, Wumpscut, Lords of Acid, the Faint, Adam Ant, Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, Dead Can Dance, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie, Haujobb, Madonna, Jem, Dido, the Orb, Juno Reactor, The Postal Service, The Beatles. Oh and Glis...duh.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I didn't have a major. I graduated from the school of hard knocks.

13. Why did you join?
There was a forum topic that kept coming up in searches for "goth china". I might be moving over to shanghai in Jan, and I was looking for some type of goth scene over there. So far I am not having any luck.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm 100% woman...aww yeah.
industrialgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

Nice taste in music. What instrument do you play in the band? I play rhythm guitar in my band.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Green.Lady

Dude, I have two of your band's songs! I got them in an EBM mix I downloaded... "Discontent" and "Nightvision." Correct me if I'm wrong.

You seem pretty cool. I like the fact that you have very diverse favourite bands (like myself). I hope you stick around and welcome to gnet!
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
Green.Lady

Oh, and I'll check out the store next time I pop down to Seattle. Whereabouts is it?
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Edward Strange

Aah wow, it's people like you madam who makes me feel very uncool! >< You've done all this great stuff, you've got history, you're still knee-deep in the whole subculture today...

Wow. I wanna grow up like her! *points*
Anyway, welcome aboard!
Isn't there a thriving Gothic ****** scene all over South Asia? Or is that just Japan? Shanghai is meant to be a big trading city thing, so who knows what wonders await...

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Saddiction

You're officially one of the coolest members in my books.
I used to go to Seattle on an annual basis, but it's been about 7 years since my last visit.

WGT is deffinately on my list of festivals to go to.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
DarkGentleman

My, my, I do like your taste in music.

You think you are old? Nah, I've been in the goth scene since mid to late 80's (let's see...um..hmmm, roughly 20 yrs now.

Welcome to Gnet!
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
Saddiction

Missed the part about Glis. Thats pretty rad.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!

I like your taste in music. OMG you're in Glis!! :O That is way cool.

Enjoy your stay here.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yay somone else from Washington, I might be in Wisconsin but I was born in Tacoma and will return someday.... WITH A VENGENCE! against who I have no idea.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote