Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
CyberTiger

Tats ; ) Pic's and Ideas!

There have been obscene amounts of postings and sites asking for help on an idea for tattoos or others to show their own 1st tattoos. Why not this one! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!

I bet most of you have thought of getting a tattoo or already have some of your own or you need help finding images and creative designs and ideas! Post them HERE. For those of you still with virgin flesh, a respectable tattoo artist should be able to create something unique and meaningful to you. Never underestimate a great tattoo artist, that is how a great tattoo is made! : )

If your asking:
What if I don't have a tattoo artist yet?

Well you can go on the web and search for local Tat Shops and hopefully don't have to travel too far, but never settle for something less than amazing. You can also come up with multiple designs and put them into one. But remember these are on your body forever! Some people go across the country to have a particular artist tattoo them!

If you feel you have to have visuals for the artist, thats great! A great tattoo artist has done many Tats and yours may not be as hard to do as you think. : ) Just print out each visual separately and the artist can assemble it all together for you!

This is where I went. They have all the information you need to help you find what you want. Don't forget, these will never leave your body.
Well unfortunately I have to wait to post this until I become an established member.
CyberTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
CyberTiger

My tat

Sorry cant post urls here until become established member.

this is right at my belt line. If you hold a mirror above the picture is says death and then below the picture it says life. It means the wages of sin is death. And the gift of god is eternal life. The web cam didn't get the actual view somehow it flipped it so you will need a mirror.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
CyberTiger

...please delete this accidental responce
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Delkaetre

There's an edit button. You can use it within five minutes of making a post. I advise you to take advantage of this instead of making triple posts in a short period of time.
What do you mean by 'fluent member'? Do you mean a more senior member? There are a few extra privileges, but it's not so much. Generally, people just offer links to pics- it's not hard, many babygoths do it. If you mean 'fluent' as in 'fluent in a language', you seem to have a grasp of English already.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
honeythorn

I have six tattoos so far. Still counting!

Next up is a unicorn on my left shoulderblade to oppose the dragon on my right. I may have my collarbones done at some point, but this will be a long time coming because I haven't seen them since I was a child...

I may have backgrounds done for the ones on my inner forearms, but I need to draw up ideas for my artist :/

I will be SO broke at the end of this.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:41 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6jafrro&s=1

My Hannibal Lecter tattoo

The pic doesn't do it justice.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
CyberTiger

That is an amazing tat!! Pretty freeky looking.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
Haunted House

I'm getting this on my left shoulder blade soon:
http://www.deathrock.com/rudimentary...mages/ps02.gif

I'll post pictures when I get it.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
thedoll

My incomplete wings
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...=Photo17-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...is/Photo26.jpg

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
honeythorn

This is my left arm. I don't have any pics of the others anymore.

]
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
CyberTiger

the doll

Who came up with that design? They are looking great. Post the finale piece when they are finished.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
Azura Mistryl

Those wings look awesome! My friend has similar wings but smaller.
Azura Mistryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
tickingstitch

I have a bunch of random shit, some really cool stuff some jokes...
One of my finest is THUG LIFE tattooed on my foot. If you knew me youd see the humor in this....

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #14
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickingstitch
One of my finest is THUG LIFE tattooed on my foot. If you knew me youd see the humor in this....
Oh, you silly white people, you! With your clever, devilish irony!
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickingstitch
Seriously, tell us why you got THUG LIFE tattooed on your foot? I'm curious.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #16
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Seriously, tell us why you got THUG LIFE tattooed on your foot? I'm curious.

XMFD your sig.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #17
Mir

What is XMFD? =)
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #18
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
What is XMFD? =)
XD=Laugh MF=muthafuckin

I'm still smiling because you posted again.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #19
Silvara

Mine is a butterly with German wording next to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...4d077fae25.jpg

The picture is not the greatest of my tattoo, as I'm not on my own computer, but you can see the butterfly at least.

The wording is, "Fur Mutti und Vater" which means "For Mom and Dad". The next one I'm going to be getting, is an Ivy bracelet on my right wrist, with a Triquetra on my inner wrist. I just need $200.00 first.
Silvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvara
Mine is a butterly with German wording next to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...4d077fae25.jpg

The picture is not the greatest of my tattoo, as I'm not on my own computer, but you can see the butterfly at least.

The wording is, "Fur Mutti und Vater" which means "For Mom and Dad". The next one I'm going to be getting, is an Ivy bracelet on my right wrist, with a Triquetra on my inner wrist. I just need $200.00 first.
please tell me you put the umlaut over the u in Für.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #21
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
please tell me you put the umlaut over the u in Für.
No, of course not... >_<

Honestly, what the hell do you think? lol I just didnt bother to in that post. What is funny though, was when I got it done, the girl that was makeing the flash for it, asked me "Do you want the umlaut also?" even though thats how it was written down on the piece of paper I gave her. I probably should have gone to a different shop when she asked... but it turned out right.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #22
Arashi

I have many a plan for tattoos that I have been focusing on for quite some time now. As I happen to be under the age of 18, and with the fact that my dear mom doesn't like tattoos on females, I will have to wait a few years to initiate my evil plan. However, I am fortunate for that as it gives me time to perfect my ideas and see if I will grow out of liking the designs I've chosen.

1. The major one is a cherry blossom chestpiece. (Sadly I hear chestpieces are insanely painful). Basically symmetrical cherry blossom branches on my chest starting from the middle and going in a 'wispy' sort of pattern to my shoulders. The cherry blossoms will be randomly put and pale pink.

2. Matching dragonflies on my upper arms. The dragonflies will be purple and they will have an aura of green "smoke" around them.

3. A smallish grey wolf in a "running position" on my right arm.

4. A tribal-ish swirly design somewhere, likely on my abdomen.

5. A series of tattoos right above my ankles - these will be my four "main" pets. On the outer sides of my legs will be my lab/pitbull mix and then my bichon frise. On the inner sides will be my gray & white cat and then my black cat. I really love my pets so I feel a need to do something major to keep them with me forever (other than in my heart, yadda yadda) and what better way to do that than permanently inked on my body?

Anyway, that's all I think I'd get.. maybe one more if I really wanted it. Anything more would just be a little too much for me.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvara
No, of course not... >_<

Honestly, what the hell do you think? lol I just didnt bother to in that post. What is funny though, was when I got it done, the girl that was makeing the flash for it, asked me "Do you want the umlaut also?" even though thats how it was written down on the piece of paper I gave her. I probably should have gone to a different shop when she asked... but it turned out right.
Ha. Just making sure, and I know what you mean. Umlauts are not really always the easiest thing to find if you're on a standard American keyboard, and most don't bother to learn the codes, unless you frequently type it. You could have written it "fuer" just to mess with people though, although Umlauts look much better.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=poe.jpg

As a tattoo, I want Poe's eyes. They have so much character in them..

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...dostoevsky.jpg

either that, or ole dostoevsky... perhaps Sartre even, with his crazy wandering left...
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #24
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
You could have written it "fuer" just to mess with people though, although Umlauts look much better.
This is trüe. lol

I don't think I could ever get a portrait on my body, no matter how cool said person could be. >_> Seeing an extra set of eyes on my body in the mirror would creep me out over time.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #25
Mirei Raven

Within the next few months I'm getting a celtic knot entwined with ivy as a sleeve on my left arm. I'm also getting my clan symbol on my right wrist. I'll probably get many more at a later time.

All of my tattoos have a lot of sentimental value to me and help tie me to my culture and beliefs.
Mirei Raven is offline   Reply With Quote