Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Zhydanzyel

Introduction of Zhydanzyel...

Greetings to Everyone...

My nickname is Zhydanzyel. I am pleased to meet you all...

First I start that I'm not a goth. Nor anything else classifiable... I simply look around the world and incase in myself everything that I like, not caring about how "should" I "must" live... I try to be open minded, universal in thinking, and to purse higher and more noble goals in life... I make my own ideology and faith...

I haven't joined becouse of the literal writings, but mainly for the company of people who "embraced" the "not so easily definable but still existing" "darkness"... so to say in a slushy way...

Anyway, maybe this will help:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
In day-life, I study economics. In night-life, I study the occult. For hobbies, I'm an audio freak.

2. Where are you from?
Hungary

3. Who is your favorite author?
no specific... Sadly I don't have extra time to read fiction. Though, I've read Lovecraft (since the reality/fiction of his works are argued in occult circles), and I enjoyed alot...

4. What are your favorite films?
no specific... I like films that have a deeper message. Also like good horrors/thrillers, and of course films with great audio tracks...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Some "ecstasic" electroinc party would be nice... maybe some rave, trance, or drum'n'bass...

6. At your funeral?
Nothing... dead silence...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
With a peaceful soul, knowing that I have accomplished everything for what I've came to this world...

8. What kind of casket would you want?
hmm... maybe I want to die without any remains...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Goths, smile up: black in colour...
Goths, lynch me: all in overlarge sizes: black tracksouit / baggy pants, black hoodie / black shirt, black nike airmax 180, black wristbands, lots of other accessories...
or... maybe a ceremonial outfit...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Purity...

11. What's your favorite band?
I'm starting to hate every piece of music since the domination of the "loudness war"... I don't have favorite bands, but if you ask me what kind of music I listen to, I'll tell you that I listen from a very wide range of genres, all trance/techo/hardcore, all rock/punk/metal, all classical/jazz/, all ambient/chill, just to name a few...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I study at the university, I'll going to have a master in economics...

13. Why did you join?
My surrounding is a "little" short on open-minded people, especially, from the "dark theme", so to say...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
male

As you see, english is not my native language, so please be forgiving for my occurrent improper english...

So thanks for reading, I hope that here I can found knowledge and your company...

Yours sincerely...
Zhydanzyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
LiUsAiDh

Hi, and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhydanzyel
I make my own ideology and faith...
Could you expand on this, it sounds intriguing?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Bete Noire

You speak English rather better than a lot of the prats who join this place.

Anyway consider yourself lynched and welcomed
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

I like you. And there's more good company than there's literary value lately, so you joined for a reason you'll very much find.
I do have to tell you that we don't really look for a "darkness" or anything. It's mostly aesthetics that are dark. I myself prefer the day much much more than the night.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I am a complete amateur writer, and my fiction has reached the 11th most viewed story of all time in the Literature forum, so that shows you how much literature counts around here I guess. A 15 year old girl's story has reached the 15th most viewed. So we aren't exactly Literature-centric. More fun-centric.
And whining, snarking, fighting, bitching, ridiculing...in short, a typical slice of the world you probably know.

Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhydanzyel
First I start that I'm not a goth. Nor anything else classifiable... I simply look around the world and incase in myself everything that I like, not caring about how "should" I "must" live... I try to be open minded, universal in thinking, and to purse higher and more noble goals in life... I make my own ideology and faith...
Goth has nothing to do with ideology and faith. It's what you like, not who you are.

But anyways, welcome.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
Zhydanzyel

Thanks for the welcomes!...

Quote:
I make my own ideology and faith...
Could you expand on this, it sounds intriguing?
It's nothing special... It's only that you don't strict to any dogmas, systems, groups, whatever... you try to "rediscover" the world, and be yourself...

Quote:
Goth has nothing to do with ideology and faith.
I haven't said it has... but it has something... and I don't have that...

Quote:
It's what you like, not who you are.
I think "what you like" can tell alot about "who you are"...
Zhydanzyel is offline   Reply With Quote