Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Painting of family banned for being offensive

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/scho...onal-marriage/

This is rather ridiculous, reminds me of how in the soviet union artists were restricted to painting generic workers working to support the soviet union. Makes me wonder if this might be the start of some sort of ploy to open people to the idea of a THX 1138 style family.

What ever happened to creative liberty in art class?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Despanan

From all that time you spent in the soviet union, I take it?

Edit: WTF are you doing linking the story through a Glenn Beck website? Are you a secret conservative or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Renatus

Actually the whole soviet union thing was a reference to something I saw on Rick Steve's Europe. He went through this one soviet park of some sort, where he described all the details of why the statue carving mural(I'm not quite sure what to call statues carved into a wall, a sculpture?), and also the odd little souvenir booth at the entrance to the park.

Did not realize that this was glenn beck, got this off youtube, shit... well now I feel stupid.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Renatus

Perhaps a bit of deadman rubbed off on me from all the times when I tried to help him come to his senses..... I need to wash now...... with boiling hot water and steel wool.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
ape descendant

Why is this even news?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Why is this even news?
Idk, but at least it keeps my mind off the huge wave of storms heading towards me. I feel like the steamroller guy from Austin powers.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
ape descendant

Why is this even news? It sounds like a bunch of people throwing a fit over a mediocre panting in a high school. Either way they're still letting her slop her shite on the wall so.. yay.

I can see how depicting some cis, white, straight dude might marginalize a whole fuckton of people. Perhaps the administration is painfully aware that they may have students who are minorities, female, gay, trans in whatever combination. Being a highschool student sucks bad enough without being marginalized or erased.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote