Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Minyaliel

Talking Crazy colours are fun.

I just dyed my hair green. Weee! I´m really happy about it. I used Stargazer bleach and dye (tropical green) and I love it. Anyway, what unusual colours have you worn and what brands? What do you think of them? (Yes, I think I might just get addicted to odd hair colours...)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Cicero

With Bat Brains dying his hair a different colour just about every month for the last year we've acquired a rather large collection of unnatural coloured hairdyes, haha. Quite literally a cupboard full of them.

I like to use Enchanted Forest Green by Manic Panic whenever I can. That's probably my favourite colour in existence. After Midnight Blue is also excellent, and will last for months if you let it. The Manic Panic failures I've experienced have been Pillarbox Red and Atomic Turquoise. Those barely even survive the very first wash.

For lighter colours and purple tones Special Effects seems to win. I've got their darker purple colour in right now and its outlasted every other purple I've used.

So yes, I'm very much into more unusual haircolours. I couldn't possibly go back to dying my whole head black anymore!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Pyre

Pics or it didn't happen.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
Becca_Lugosi

Enchanted Forest Green...

*sigh*

~B.L.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Serren

In the past I have also used the green one, the bright electric blue one, and probably my favorite the magenta pink one.

I used a directions (similar type of brand) dark purple dye on my sisters hair quite a few years ago now during the half term holidays (she was about 13). It looked really stunning, until she washed it twice. Then it went grey. My mum ended up having to take her to the hair dresses for them to sort it out, they dyed her hair then highlighted it. We were amazed cos our mum never complained once, and just said, "Well I paid for your other sister to have her hair highlighted."
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

I've dyed my hair almost literally every colour, and have found that N'Rage is the best.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #7
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
You want pics? Sure...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...3&id=643755122
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8419/photo9e.jpg
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"

Last edited by Minyaliel; 03-17-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: for some reason I got a lot of Facebook ads in there too... Sorry bout that :P
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 AM   #8
Lakita_Jackson

My daughter Keisha put some red in her weave, and I ripped that shit out. that shit does NOT fly in my house.
Lakita_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #9
girasol

lol at above post.

I have had green hair, dark brown (was meant to be black), fuschia, purple and several shades of red. And when I was 13 I wanted blonde hair and it went bright orange for a while before I got it to be as light as I wanted it to be (:
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
girasol

Looks awesome!
It suited you (I'm assuming its different now)
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

It does look nice.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
Haunted House

I've had my hair many different colors before, too. I don't have pictures, though so I guess I didn't. Hah.
This was my favorite hair coloring ever, though.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ied/002-13.jpg

I want to go for bright ass UV reactive yellow next because I love Rubella Ballet.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
Minyaliel

Ophie and girasol - thanks! It still looks like that, it just goes a bit blueish in certain lightings; outside it looks like a cold, deep emerald green (pretty close to the green you find in traffic lights, lol).

Lakita - lol. Seriously.

Haunted - wow, bright yellow? Really? I´d never ever have dared to do such a thing. (But then, yellow isn´t really my colour, either, I think...)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It does look nice.
Remember when you dyed your hair and eyebrows blue and looked like a "badly drawn cartoon character"? That ruled.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
Raptor

^ pictures?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House View Post
Remember when you dyed your hair and eyebrows blue and looked like a "badly drawn cartoon character"? That ruled.
I don't remember that, but it seems like something I'd do.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
I want to go for bright ass UV reactive yellow next because I love Rubella Ballet.
Special Effects "Bright As Fuck Yellow" should give you the effect you're looking for.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
Devil's Darling

I had my hair purple and green and pink [that was a mistake] and unfortunately orange [it should have been red] then it was fiery red and now it's black.Hopefully if I don't have another ''I wanna change my hair color'' mood it will stay black
Devil's Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #19
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel View Post
I just dyed my hair green. Weee! I´m really happy about it. I used Stargazer bleach and dye (tropical green) and I love it. Anyway, what unusual colours have you worn and what brands? What do you think of them? (Yes, I think I might just get addicted to odd hair colours...)
I used to have violet hair. some color from garnier. never came out red or burgundy like it was supposed to one me, it always came out bright purple and violet. oh, the good ol days before I had to start taking my job seriuosly.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
I used to have violet hair. some color from garnier. never came out red or burgundy like it was supposed to one me, it always came out bright purple and violet. oh, the good ol days before I had to start taking my job seriuosly.
Yeah, ain't that a bitch? Why oh why did I never dye my whole head a gigantic rainbow whilst I was in high school, prior to the whole "I have to make money" thing?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
Becca_Lugosi

Gorgeous!

~B.L.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #22
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_Lugosi View Post
Gorgeous!

~B.L.
Awww - thank you! *happy*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 AM   #23
Tyantha Coline Anke

Location: Goreville. An irony of a town, now if only it wasn't so bright.
Since my hair is blond, or was. I was able to use a washable marker and my hair would be dyed for a week. So it was no surprise that when I went to put temporary moose dye in my hair that the black would go purple. I even did my eyebrows before I realized how it would turn out. I ended up loving the color and the 6-8 weeks turned into three months. And after that three months my hair faded into gray. I was called an old lady for weeks before my hair went strawberry blond. After that I went brunette with bronze highlights so my hair couldn't attempt to go gray again.
Tyantha Coline Anke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #24
pitchfork

I have dyed my hair blue five times. I used Directions Midnight Blue the first four times and Special Effects Blue haired freak the last.

The first two times I coloured it blue, I didn't bleach my hair, being a natural blonde and not wanting to hurt it more than necessary. But then the colour faded into green after the first wash and I was told it was because the pigment was so unnatural.

The third time I coloured it I had bleached my hair from black to blonde, and left the blue haircolour in for a nights sleep. It turned out lovely and was cobalt for a week, before the ends of my hair turned greenish. So I coloured it again, leaving the coulour in for quite some time before washing it out, and had blue hair for a month before it started becoming blueish green and after two more months then mossy green in some places.

Then a friend asked if I wanted to order haircolour from the net with her, and therefore the change of brand. The Special Effect-colour however didn't seem to work on my kind of hair, because it did nor give any visible change of colour. And then I got fed up with the idea about spending so much time on a haircolour, so I went back to back. Im thinking about simple decolour my hair and then colour it pruple though. Just for the thrill.
pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote