Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #26
Saya

Sternn is pretty much established as an ignorant racist, so why take this as something so innocent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
Good thing no one brought up the word sexist, huh?

Oops. Well, shit.
I usually save that for when he says men can't be ***** or transsexual teachers should be fired if their bosses are Catholic, kiddo.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #27
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I usually save that for when he says men can't be ***** or transsexual teachers should be fired if their bosses are Catholic, kiddo.
I always wondered what you called someone who was biased on religion.

Would "clergist" work?
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #28
AshleyO

Quote:
Guess a lot of people miss their User CP.
The children are to blame... clearly.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #29
AshleyO

Quote:
Sternn is pretty much established as an ignorant racist, so why take this as something so innocent?

^SHE'S ON FIRE!!!

Nice roast, Saya.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #30
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
I always wondered what you called someone who was biased on religion.

Would "clergist" work?
I find asshole works. I'm sure those poor, downtrodden religions will come up with some word to describe one who is inherently distrustful of religious thinking eventually.

Those precious religions. You know, they're like... an endangered species or something. We MUST protect them.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #31
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
The children are to blame... clearly.
Well, we wouldn't want one of you old folks to see something that made you die of shock, but we'd be happy to watch you twitch on the ground for a few moments right after.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #32
Vince

Quote:
Sternn is pretty much established as an ignorant racist, so why take this as something so innocent
At this point you just gotta laugh at him (or with him if you feel so inclined) and move on...in the 8years i've been here he's yet to change...you can type type type type type type type type type....*inhale*....type type type type type type until your fingers bleed...and you'll never make a dent in his head...the keyboard itself might. But i'm not advocating such things...

...just for some clarification...if we make fun of Sternn being a drunken Irishmen...does that constitute as a stereotypical racist remark? Just wondering.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
At this point you just gotta laugh at him (or with him if you feel so inclined) and move on...in the 8years i've been here he's yet to change...you can type type type type type type type type type....*inhale*....type type type type type type until your fingers bleed...and you'll never make a dent in his head...the keyboard itself might. But i'm not advocating such things...
Typing eight words isn't taking any time out of my day. I'm a fast typer, I promise.

Quote:
...just for some clarification...if we make fun of Sternn being a drunken Irishmen...does that constitute as a stereotypical racist remark? Just wondering.
Thats what me and Wolfie were joking about, but you do know he is an American who moved to Ireland and now tries to type in such a way to prove he's authentically Irish, right?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #34
MissCheyenne

^ So THAT'S why he adds the word sure onto the end of almost everything he types. It seriously pisses me off, it's annoying as fuck. Hey, I have Welsh roots so it means it'd be totally legit for me to start adding 'is it' to the end of everything right?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #35
Vince

Quote:
Typing eight words isn't taking any time out of my day. I'm a fast typer, I promise.

Thats what me and Wolfie were joking about, but you do know he is an American who moved to Ireland and now tries to type in such a way to prove he's authentically Irish, right?
Hehe, yeah i remember. Good times there.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #36
CptSternn

I feel so loved. It's great when people take the time to get to know me, and write about me in length.

And Saya, you always seem to leave out my father was from Ireland, and the fact he was murdered..but thanks for bringing up those personal memories for me!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #37
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
I feel so loved. It's great when people take the time to get to know me, and write about me in length.

And Saya, you always seem to leave out my father was from Ireland, and the fact he was murdered..but thanks for bringing up those personal memories for me!
Sternny, you know we love you. It's one of those red-headed stepchild things.

The word you guys are thinking of is 'xenophobia', which I don't think applies in cases where people are trying to be a stereotype.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
Alan

Didn't know every murder that happens around me cements my nationality. I must be hella Mexican.

Don't get me wrong, my condolences for losing your father, not even I've lost someone that close with all the violence, but you gotta know that that has nothing to do with Saya's post.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #39
Grausamkeit

Oh, he knows.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #40
MissCheyenne

What a shitty way to use a family tragedy Sternn. Seriously, that is fucking low. It sucks for anyone to lose someone they care about in that way but this thread is nothing to do with it and bringing it up like that is a shitty way of making people feel bad for how they view you.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #41
AshleyO

MC, you can be my winglady.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #42
MissCheyenne

Winglady is an excellent position for me. I hate being the centre of attention, makes me feel weird.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #43
JCC

India doesn't read this forum very much any more Sternn, this topic has fallen on deaf ears.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #44
Pineapple_Juice

I LOVE COWS DON'T PUNCH COWS n!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #45
ZyklonB

Are you pre-tenderizing my steak?
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #46
Solumina

COWS SUCK!!!!

Except Jerseys, they are total sweethearts.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #47
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
What a shitty way to use a family tragedy Sternn. Seriously, that is fucking low. It sucks for anyone to lose someone they care about in that way but this thread is nothing to do with it and bringing it up like that is a shitty way of making people feel bad for how they view you.

You might have missed out on the whole story then. My fathers death is why I moved back to Ireland, so it is very relevant.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #48
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Don't get me wrong, my condolences for losing your father, not even I've lost someone that close with all the violence, but you gotta know that that has nothing to do with Saya's post.
I think it is very relevant, as I stated previously. For some reason people continue to disparage my family and our nationality. Why it is continually brought up by certain people is beyond me. It's not so much the mentioning of it, it's the condescending and offensive tone in which it is written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
but you do know he is an American who moved to Ireland and now tries to type in such a way to prove he's authentically Irish, right?
It was a personal attack on my own families ethnicity and our history. I was born in America, that is no secret. My family is Irish. Due to various circumstances I moved back to be with my family. I find her derogatory attacks on my family in bad form. Because we lived abroad we are somehow subhuman?

My father died for Irish freedom. My family is in Ireland. My history is here, as is my families history. I take personal offense to anyone who belittles and berates our name and history.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #49
MissCheyenne

Pointing out the fact that you are not actually Irish but American is hardly a deliberate and malicious attack on your family history. The circumstances surrounding your fathers death are awful and I'm truly sorry that it's something your family has had to endure. However, it isn't relevant to this thread. Relevant to you? Yes. Relevant to your family history? Certainly. However, not relevant to the comments that have been made here.

Your current stance in this thread is the equivilant of me running around telling people they can't tell me I'm wrong, be mean to me or make me feel bad in any way because my mum is dying.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #50
JCC

You can be born in one place and still feel more like you are from somewhere else. I don't think being born in America automatically makes it so, it's not like we berate immigrants when they say they're English.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote