Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
AshleyO

OWS moves into Ireland.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Occ...131442713.html

I wonder how global this movement could go.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Alan

October 15 is global. I'm debating on whether to go to the Occupy El Paso or Occupy Juarez.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Ben Lahnger

I'm thinking El Paso might be marginally safer.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
CptSternn

The question is really if the protests currently happening in other EU countries will be associated with the OWS.

There have already been ongoing protests for months now in Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Italy. Ireland has just joined in. It's a mixture of the austerity protests and the OWS. The reality is they are the same - the harsh austerity measures being enacted in the EU are a direct result of the bank bailouts which here in the EU were caused by the exact same problem - banks.

In fact half of the problem is banks here were heavily invested in US banks and companies, and when they failed it brought down the banks here. The banks here also had began their own sub-prime caper so it was a bit of a double whammy. We also had a third factor which has been leaking out which is the top bank officials were in bed with the politicians and giving away free money to their mates. It all ended with an even more drastic result.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote