Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Linen

I've returned...

Hey guys, hows it going? I've been AWOL for quite awhile it seems. I started a new job back in April (working at a call center), and unfortunately I can't log onto this website at work even on my breaks (hehe). Content filters be damned!

I'm off work today and just thought I'd pop back in. My husband and I are buying our first house, and closing on July 15th. That's been keeping me away as well. I'm so excited... it's got real hardwood floors *drool* and a huge yard. I can't wait to decorate *mwuhaha* (any good suggestions will be taken into consideration, though my husband might not be as open to them as I am lol).

I am absolutely hating this weather.... anyone else? Sun, sun, go away... come again another day! It's been in the 90s here already. Ugh. Can't wait for Fall!

Anywho, enough rambling... just wanted to say that I'm still "here", and will try to post more in the coming months than I have been lately.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
bleedingheart344

Welcome back.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome back and congratulations on the home purchase! You are on your way to middle class wealth and prosperity. My only decorating suggestions are a workbench in the garage and a huge bookshelf in the library! And maybe little winged cherubs and harpies on the wall over your bed.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Linen

Thanks guys!

We don't have a garage. We almost bought a house with a garage, but opted for one with less work to be done & a bigger yard. We do have a long driveway, though, and a back deck which is great for entertaining. We love eating and drinking people who come over. I mean.... having people come over to eat and drink. *evil grin*
Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
raggedyanne

Wow. It's good to have you back and the house sounds amazing! As for decorating, buy really tall bookshelves! Like almost to the ceiling! Line the walls with books, it invites good karma Besides that, make the kitchen a comfortable place and make use of it! For food attracts people, and people attract laughter, and laughter attracts happiness.

So my only good advice is to be happy! Good luck!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Linen

^ Thank you! Yeah, ceiling-high bookshelves sound amazing... wouldn't it be awesome if I could find some in good condition from the thrift shop or a yard sale? Hmm.

The kitchen has tons of space for cooking, but not a lot of space for our table. We definitely like to feed people, though. My husband is an awesome cook & loves to grill as well. I love to bake, but rarely have time for it.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Pantherlette086

Hello there. Welcome back!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #8
Bete Noire

Wecome back!
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote