Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #51
__missmeaghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Actually, there have been studies done that a labret piercing could potentially push on your gum in the wrong place and push your teeth out of alignment... And braces are fucking expensive.
Eek. I didn't know that. I'm glad I took mine out then, lol.
__missmeaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #52
MotherofMercies

I had the maddona done, I would advise against it. For the reason it was just plain annoying, I took it out after a month. The lower labret, i should think would be fine. Tongue piercings, in my personal opionon, are a little dicey.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #53
insertwittyname

What is a labret? Which piercing is it? And for clear braces it was $4,400 I think. My mom's insurence covered $2,000
Old 11-19-2006, 02:45 AM   #54
MotherofMercies

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
What is a labret? Which piercing is it? And for clear braces it was $4,400 I think. My mom's insurence covered $2,000
Just below the lip.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:49 AM   #55
c130

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Labret
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #56
raggedyanne

I want to get industrial, but my mom's a little traditional. She's letting me get the cartalidge done at the endo of the year. Not sure which side to get done, any suggestions? Also want to try something sides a plain stud. My BF offered to get me an emerald, but I want something more - gothish - if that makes sense?
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #57
Heatherzilla

Jet is awesome.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #58
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I want to get industrial, but my mom's a little traditional. She's letting me get the cartalidge done at the endo of the year. Not sure which side to get done, any suggestions?
The side you don't sleep on, as you'll be sleeping on your back and on your other side for a few months after it's done.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #59
c130

I'm considering a lip ring... have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now, though I'm not gonna get anything else done til the new year, minimum. I might've gone off it then, who knows.

I've got a couple of BCR's lying around that I'm planning on using in my ear, so I tried one on my lip to see how a ring would look:
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9057/lipringxg4.jpg

Reckon I should go for it? I quite like the way it looks in the middle; the off-to-the-side ones look a bit odd IMO. (It does feel wierd having a bit of metal stuck against my lip, though. If anyone's got it done here, do you get used to it after a while? And does it make you dribble when you drink stuff? XD)
Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #60
maggot

Well you could always use a labret stud, over a ring.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #61
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
O.K., I have wanted to get a piercing for a long time, but was worried about my boss.

He used to dye his hair purple (before he was promoted to management), so I ran the idea by him of me growing a pony tail, and dying it purple. He seemed ok with that, so now I think I am ready to test his reaction to me getting my eyebrow pierced. Maybe I'll start with the idea of my left ear only (get my "foot in the door", the "camel's nose under the tent", the...ok, you get the idea).

If he seems ok with the idea, then I am going to go for it over the Christmas holidays, a gift to myself!

I know it sounds petty, but it is a big deal, because I fly to customer sites, and meet them face to face. Some of them are quite conservative, but then, I am not a salesman, I am paid to fix things.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #62
c130

A problem I see with asking for permission for one piercing then moving onto another is he may think you're beginning to go down the slippery slope to pincushionhood. I'd suggest you ask for the eyebrow piercing first if it's the one you really want. It might turn out to be the case that the room's only big enough to allow you to get that one foot in the door.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #63
insertwittyname

I'd say if you were in a sorta proffesional minded sort of job with clothing, and you wanted a eyebrow piercing, get the tiny little sparkle like you see with nosestuds these days.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #64
cryuntildeath

I did my industrial myself. it started out as 2 ear piercings but I had them stretched a bit and stuff an industrial barbell through. I loved it. But I ended up being dumb and left the barbell out too long so now they are back to some ear peircings....lol
cryuntildeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #65
c130

I got my second industrial a couple of weeks ago. Haven't got the straight bar through it yet though.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5...ustrialka7.jpg
Old 05-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #66
ashtraygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindness is Black
Question. Is it completely stupid of me to even consider piercing my lip by myself?

well depends if your experienced and have the right tools and shit. my friend does hers and other peoples body piercings but she has clamps and professional needles.

then again most of my friends with their labre pierced did it themselvs with safty pins. i wouldnt recomend that because you are susposed to use a hollow needle.

if you dont know what you are doing just get it done professionally. it will be a lot more worth it.
ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #67
Zerachiel

Actually I've considered getting a lip ring myself...But my parents keep telling me not until I'm 17-18. Ugh, oh well. And since this started as an "Industrial" thread. Yeah...It sucked when I first got mine, and actually the part nearest to my eyes seems like it's still trying to reject the piercing. I was afraid of tearring it or something in my sleep, ended waking up every time I even leaned on it....That sucked so bad.
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #68
cryuntildeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindness is Black
Question. Is it completely stupid of me to even consider piercing my lip by myself?
I pierced my lip myself. To me, it didnt hurt at all (literally, i never knew it went through, i just stuck it in.)
I just searched and felt around in my lip, to see where it feels like a right place for the piercing....Just got a large needle and stuck it through.
Just be careful.
cryuntildeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #69
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryuntildeath
I pierced my lip myself. To me, it didnt hurt at all (literally, i never knew it went through, i just stuck it in.)
I just searched and felt around in my lip, to see where it feels like a right place for the piercing....Just got a large needle and stuck it through.
Just be careful.
First of all, this thread was over months ago.
Second of all, that is the most dumbass advice you could give.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #70
Zerachiel

Wow, someone's got a stick up there butt. It's not that bad of advice...If you do it right it'll be fine...Think about it first, before you start ranting on about people being dumb asses. I've seen TONS of people do it that way. :P And besides, if it's an old thread, than let it go, you don't HAVE to respond to it.
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #71
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerachiel
Wow, someone's got a stick up there butt. It's not that bad of advice...If you do it right it'll be fine...Think about it first, before you start ranting on about people being dumb asses. I've seen TONS of people do it that way. :P And besides, if it's an old thread, than let it go, you don't HAVE to respond to it.
First of all, I don't like taking cheap shots like this, but I'm going to. If you're going to say something to me, do it right. Your English is terrible.

Now. Piercing ANYTHING yourself is stupid. Period. Any real piercer or doctor will tell you that. There is no "doing it right" unless you yourself are a piercer, which this kid obviously isn't. So yeah, that is dumbass advice.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #72
Lapin

(nods furiously) I am in full agreement with Ophelia. Its dangerous and just stupid. You should never ever pierce yourself unless you are a piercer.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #73
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerachiel
It's not that bad of advice...If you do it right it'll be fine....
Um...yea, it really is. You get my asstard seal of approval now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...oat045-1-2.jpg
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #74
Underwater Ophelia

Actually. It is a good idea. Upon thinking this through, inflicting trauma on the body with no experience is probably a good idea. You'll get life experience, and you only live once, right?
Double points if you use a safety pin. I'll also date you if you piece your nape yourself with a safety pin.

If you live, that is.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #75
Lapin

Oh yes, do go stick a safety pin through one of your many fleshy parts. I'm sure the end result will be just gorgeous.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote