Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
LiveEvol

Newcommer

Hey all. Just joined this Forum today thought i would just introduce myself. Peace Out and Remeber the eyes of insantiy are no better then the mouth of madness.
LiveEvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
LiveEvol

Ok where to begin. I live in a small city of Brantford in Ontario Canada, Living on my own can be quite boring but i pretty much party twice a week hanging out wth firend. I spend most of my time on my computer if its either playing World of Warcraft or searching the net. I cannot get enough of music it seems that every day i find a new Heavy/Death metal band t olistn to. My Favorite bands are as follows Nile, Cradle of Filth, Slayer, Vader, Dethklok, Enslaved, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, Blutengel (Blood Angel; German) Cannibal Corpse,Ensiferum. Sure i have lots more but cant post them all.

I growing up i was always coondsidered the outcast in my group of friends because even though we had a good time together i would always push things to far. Rebel without a cause.

My favorite religous views are thet of the Hermetic, or as some say the Occult. Aleister Crowley is probley the most inresting person i have ever heard of. I posses some of his works and have practiced his magickal formula.

I also love writing, poetry short stories anything that can be told darkly. Kinda like having a sepreate life or personality. Darknees is in us all so why not express it.
Currently i am unemployed but am studing for my CompTIA A+ Cetification to become a computer tech.

I have a sweet looking black trench coat with several patches sowed on to it which look really cool. Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
viscus

Hello youngin'.

Stick around, learn something.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
Pantherlette086

Welcome 2 the site!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
Darcnyss

Ah, someone who likes Blutengel! That's good to hear. Have you listened to either Terminal Choice or Tristesse de la Lune? These are both bands related to Blutengel.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #6
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveEvol
Ok where to begin. I live in a small city of Brantford in Ontario Canada, Living on my own can be quite boring but i pretty much party twice a week hanging out wth firend. I spend most of my time on my computer if its either playing World of Warcraft or searching the net. I cannot get enough of music it seems that every day i find a new Heavy/Death metal band t olistn to. My Favorite bands are as follows Nile, Cradle of Filth, Slayer, Vader, Dethklok, Enslaved, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Rob Zombie, Blutengel (Blood Angel; German) Cannibal Corpse,Ensiferum. Sure i have lots more but cant post them all.

I growing up i was always coondsidered the outcast in my group of friends because even though we had a good time together i would always push things to far. Rebel without a cause.

My favorite religous views are thet of the Hermetic, or as some say the Occult. Aleister Crowley is probley the most inresting person i have ever heard of. I posses some of his works and have practiced his magickal formula.

I also love writing, poetry short stories anything that can be told darkly. Kinda like having a sepreate life or personality. Darknees is in us all so why not express it.
Currently i am unemployed but am studing for my CompTIA A+ Cetification to become a computer tech.

I have a sweet looking black trench coat with several patches sowed on to it which look really cool. Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth.

Aliester Crowley? How did his formula work out for you? Do you feel empowered? Is life better for you now? I was to understand that a lot of the things he did was just for shock. Much like Manson. But sometimes, those kinds of things have to be done.

Welcome.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
blackwater1110

Quote:

Things we share in common:
-Some of our musical tastes
-Aleister Crowley and Magick (though I don't follow his formula)
-writing, poetry short stories
-We both own black trenches. Something tells me however that's not so uncommon here. I wanna a photo of yours!

I just got here too but, welcome!
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
LiveEvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
Ah, someone who likes Blutengel! That's good to hear. Have you listened to either Terminal Choice or Tristesse de la Lune? These are both bands related to Blutengel.

Welcome to the forums!
Actually i havent but ill for sure check them out. So they are kinda like darkwave?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
LiveEvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Aliester Crowley? How did his formula work out for you? Do you feel empowered? Is life better for you now? I was to understand that a lot of the things he did was just for shock. Much like Manson. But sometimes, those kinds of things have to be done.

Welcome.
Well the first day I did the LBRP i felt silly and stopped buit then i felt something in the back of my head, kinda like a voice, telling me that this was not soemthing to give up on. Unfortunately I havent praticed his teachings in like a year but when you do you can fell something change wether it be energy or self empowerment, ect, whe nyou do practice it.

If you want to check it out there is many of sites that post the ritual.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #10
viscus

Quote:
Actually i havent but ill for sure check them out. So they are kinda like darkwave?
Yeeeaaahh...though they swing way to the EBM side of things. I believe they call that sort of think "Electro-Gotik" in Germany.

I'm making a concerted effort here not to be an asshole and express my extreme distaste for most metal, but you really should look up some actual Goth Rock/Deathrock bands and then decided whether or not you really want to associate yourself with the scene.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
LiveEvol

True metal is really that much goth but there principles are almost the same so i look more into the goth scene by listening to some Goth Rock/Deathrock. So could you list some bands for me.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
viscus

Uhh, that didn't really make sense to me, but here are some bands:

Proto-goth:

Joy Division

Goth Rock:

Bauhaus
The Cure (before 1985)
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Fields of the Nephilim
The Sisters of Mercy
The Bolshoi
The March Violets
The Mission UK

Deathrock (many people just consider it part of Goth Rock):

45 Grave
Christian Death (led by Rozz Williams)
Shadow Project
Virgin Prunes
Alien Sex Fiend
Specimen
Kommunity FK
Cinema Strange

Happy hunting.

-William S. Burroughs

Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #13
tickingstitch

You must refer to me as Red short for redLayla... Welcome!

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
LiveEvol

What i meant was that metal may or may not represent the goth community but its music still is dark and poetic. Something that deep down inside moves us.
Also i was just listening to Terminal Choice- Stay With Me, and i got to say its pretty good.

Hi Red thanks for the reply.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Stormtrooper of Death

Hmmm. Slayer, good choice. Welcome.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
LiveEvol

Thanks favorite album God Hates Us All Favorite song Seasons In The Abyss
Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
KontanKarite

Quote:
Well the first day I did the LBRP i felt silly and stopped buit then i felt something in the back of my head, kinda like a voice, telling me that this was not soemthing to give up on. Unfortunately I havent praticed his teachings in like a year but when you do you can fell something change wether it be energy or self empowerment, ect, whe nyou do practice it.

If you want to check it out there is many of sites that post the ritual.
The only thing it taught me was to respect free will at the upmost degree. This is why I've ethically become an anarchist. Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

As far as the magick part, I haven't done as much anymore because I've technically become agnostic, which to me, strikes me as a bit more congruent in the whole aspect of free will and discovering what my true will is.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote