Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 AM   #26
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbroken
I'll be back expecting the same shit from the same predictable assholes.
Look: if you come in here with a chip on your shoulder and start posting insults about differing points of view, you can hardly expect to get kind acceptance in return. You get out of life what you put into it.

Now if you calm down and come down off your testosterone horse, I think you will find us forgiving and you will be given a second chance.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #27
linkbroken

It's all relative bullshit. The thread was ment to start debate about the subject. And sure I expected a few people to give me shit. But this is ridiculous. You team up on one person like I'm sworn in.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 AM   #28
NachtSorcier

I don't really think you can expect a debate on that particular subject here. All of us (to my knowledge) agree that emo culture and goth culture are separate and entirely their own.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #29
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
I really wouldn't know if a vast majority of emo's are gay, but I doubt it. I really can't say if a vast majority of goths are bi, either, but since, according to Alfred Kinsey, most people altogether are bisexual to one degree or another, I suppose it could be so.

You were using a generalization, I can accept that, but it understandably caused some confusion. Generalizations tend to do that.

I don't think I contradicted myself. Yes, you are allowed to say whatever you want, I would never say otherwise, but freedoms always come with a price, and the price of free speech is that a lot of people will disagree with what you say. If I (or anyone else) disagrees with what you say, that's not the same as telling you that you can't say it. It's merely us exercising our freedom of speech as well.

You want us gone? You are pretentious enough to walk into the proverbial bar and tell everyone you don't want them there? Don't you think that's a case of throwing a homeowner out of his home?
Again the debate was ment to be the topic. Not me. Everyday I walk the streets and see motherfuckers talking about this and that and go home and do exactly what they said was wrong. However I don't believe this is you. I give you my respect. You seem well put together and you know what you're talking about. The other two on the other hand, are simply starting shit to start shit. Your points are valid. Where they say the same shit over and over again.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 AM   #30
badteccy

This thread is lame.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 AM   #31
linkbroken

Quote:
I don't really think you can expect a debate on that particular subject here. All of us (to my knowledge) agree that emo culture and goth culture are separate and entirely their own.
I am now aware of that. I was reading a post however that disagreed. So I started this thread to see what would come about. Not much of a welcoming comity. Although I guess I could have explained that in the first place. Moreover I do apologize for gross generalization and excessive use of a controversial word.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #32
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Again the debate was ment to be the topic. Not me. Everyday I walk the streets and see motherfuckers talking about this and that and go home and do exactly what they said was wrong. However I don't believe this is you. I give you my respect. You seem well put together and you know what you're talking about. The other two on the other hand, are simply starting shit to start shit. Your points are valid. Where they say the same shit over and over again.
I understand. I really didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just had a knee-jerk reaction to something you said, asked you about the statement in question and we got off-track. It happens.

I try my best to be what I think is a good person; I try not to be a hypocrite; I try not to pick fights or fuel them. All I try to do is get by and speak as rationally as I can.

It would be helpful, though, if you answered the questionnaire in your introduction thread. It'll help us know more about you and make us more apt to get to know you.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:56 AM   #33
††BlackRose††

The thing is that we shouldn't be the ones to steriotype(sp?) emos or goths or any other sub-culture since we get that a lot from everwhere we go. Humanpain is just trying to tell you not to be s judgemental since you will meet a few emos who aren't bad at all.

I think that everyone is in the same boat with you in agreeing that emo and goth are totally different. Sure some of them may wear things that can mistaken them for goths but its not up to us to steriotype. No one is ganging up on you, they are just trying to make you understand just in case you might one of those people who may hate someone just for being emo.

Also, NachtSorcier is offended since you generalized that goths only like women. I've met a lot of goth guys that are gay.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #34
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
The thing is that we shouldn't be the ones to steriotype(sp?) emos or goths or any other sub-culture since we get that a lot from everwhere we go. Humanpain is just trying to tell you not to be s judgemental since you will meet a few emos who aren't bad at all.

I think that everyone is in the same boat with you in agreeing that emo and goth are totally different. Sure some of them may wear things that can mistaken them for goths but its not up to us to steriotype. No one is ganging up on you, they are just trying to make you understand just in case you might one of those people who may hate someone just for being emo.

Also, NachtSorcier is offended since you generalized that goths only like women. I've met a lot of goth guys that are gay.
Two things. I've already apologized on points of necessity. If you would read all the posts you would catch on to the fact that we cleared the last mess up. It wasn't about being gay. It was about being bisexual. Again, It's all relative bullshit.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 AM   #35
linkbroken

Quote:
I understand. I really didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just had a knee-jerk reaction to something you said, asked you about the statement in question and we got off-track. It happens.

I try my best to be what I think is a good person; I try not to be a hypocrite; I try not to pick fights or fuel them. All I try to do is get by and speak as rationally as I can.

It would be helpful, though, if you answered the questionnaire in your introduction thread. It'll help us know more about you and make us more apt to get to know you.
I understand. As soon as I handle the next issue I'll do the questionare.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:25 AM   #36
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
It's all relative bullshit. The thread was ment to start debate about the subject. And sure I expected a few people to give me shit. But this is ridiculous. You team up on one person like I'm sworn in.
I can't see why we wouldn't when all things considered your statement runs along the same lines as Nazi Propoganda.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #37
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
This thread is lame.
Quoted for truth.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #38
Bete Noire

Quote:
I was using a generalization. Tell me, are not a vast majority of emos gay. And, are not a vast majority of goths bi.
No.

This thread is shit.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #39
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Proof motherfuckers.
Emo's cut for attention. Goth's cut to kill.
Emo's show there cuts off. Goth's...What cuts.
Emo's are gay.
Goths are awesome.

Emos are gay.
Goth's dig chicks
You are 19 years old and you still use "gay" as an insult? No amount of backpedaling/apologizing is going to erase that original post. Grow up.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #40
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Your little poem sucked. Here's a better one for you.

Not all Goths dig chicks.
Proof, motherfucker:
Me.

Hahahahhaahaha! Very good one, this made me giggle!!
obscurite_beautee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM   #41
TopHaggardDoll

"Emo isn't Goth"

No shit.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #42
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Two things. I've already apologized on points of necessity. If you would read all the posts you would catch on to the fact that we cleared the last mess up. It wasn't about being gay. It was about being bisexual. Again, It's all relative bullshit.
My appologies. I was typing so I didn't see what anyone was writting.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #43
thedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
This thread is lame.
No, the pony I shot in the foot is lame.

This thread is silly. :P

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #44
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††

And you expect any different from the way we dress. It is natural human instinct to stereotype. We do it all day everyday. We just have to admit we do.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #45
gothicusmaximus

You know, what bothers me the most about the original post isn't the insinuation that all emos are homosexual or that all goths are straight, or the intimation that the crucial distinction between members of the aforesaid subcultures is rooted in the divergent manners in which they approach self mutilation. It's those damn apostrophes.

The plural of 'goth' is goths. No apostrophe. Apostrophes preceding an s indicate possession by a singular entity as in "The goth's favorite toy" or something.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #46
Renatus

Quote:
And you expect any different from the way we dress. It is natural human instinct to stereotype. We do it all day everyday. We just have to admit we do.
Might I remind you that it is not the clothes that make the goth it is the music, which is why you are not goth yet. Your reducation is still a work in progress.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 09-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #47
Graveyard.Crow

Goth may not be emo
But emos are not lesser people than you
Grow up.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #48
Underwater Ophelia

So are you guys gonna let this go, or just keep pouring gasoline all over the place?

I'm just sayin'...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #49
Graveyard.Crow

Yeah well.....I give up.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #50
Renatus

Well either way I'm happy, one way I get a flame sooner the other I get a bigger flame.