Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
Nigredo

Mindless Faith On Tour With Nine Inch Nails????

(Taken froM the Metropolis Records web sIte.)

Mindless Faith On Tour With Nine Inch Nails????
Well, that's what Trent Reznor was asking...

Thanks to their blistering remix of the Nine Inch Nails track "Only", Metropolis Records recording artists Mindless Faith was backstage to meet Trent Reznor and the band at four consecutive NIN shows in November 2005! The meet and greets, along with free tickets and airplay of the remix, were all part of contests hosted by radio stations DC101 in Washington, DC; K-Rock in New York City; WYSP in Philadelphia, and 97.9X in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Interestingly enough, it was a NIN concert in December 1990 that was the catalyst for Mindless Faith co-founders Jason and Chris Sevanick to begin their own experiments in electronic music. "Some friends told me they sounded like Ministry," recalls Chris Sevanick, "So I went to the show, hearing Pretty Hate Machine for the first time on the way there." And a renovated warehouse in Pittsburgh called The Metropol was the perfect venue for this first live "Industrial" experience.

Exeris/Chris, Trent Reznor, and Jason in NYC

Fast forward to 2005, with Mindless Faith now based in Washington, DC and New York City. On Halloween, the band found out they won the first remix contest when DC101 spun their mix on the air. Later that week at the show, Trent Reznor listened to the "Mindless Faith Mix" and was undoubtedly impressed. He told the band, "It's one of the best mixes I've heard and even better than some mixes I've paid for." He mentioned a potential "Best of the Best" remix album (either available through iTunes or as a CD release) and that if the release materializes, he would definitely want the "Mindless Faith Mix" of "Only" on it!

Mindcage, Trent Reznor, and Jason in DC

The next night at Madison Square Gardens in NY, Mindless Faith was again backstage. Surprised to see them a second time, Trent Reznor joked, "Wait, you won both DC and New York!?! Cool. So, are you guys on tour with us now? (laughter)"

Well, another two shows, and Mindless Faith just kept showing up. Mindless Faith passed along a copy of their latest CD, "Momentum", along with a CD-R of two NIN/MF remixes and some new demos. As talk during the fourth encounter moved towards live performances, gear, and mixing sound, Mindless Faith admitted that they are still just playing clubs and smaller venues, not arenas - to which Trent added with a smile, "Well, not yet."

Is this a sign of what's to come, "Only" time will tell...

listen to or download the "Mindless Faith Mix" of NIN's "Only"
Nigredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
rockandrose

I'm not a fan of Nine Inch Nails at all. I find their music to be terrible on my ears.

I rather listen to Marilyn Manson's music and I wouldn't be ashamed either.

There's this remix of Marilyn Manson and NIN singing their version of Madonna's "Vogue" song. A terrible terrible song.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
arc-en-gel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigredo

Listen to or download the "Mindless Faith Mix" of NIN's "Only"
i got one that should have been in capital
arc-en-gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
I'm not a fan of Nine Inch Nails at all. I find their music to be terrible on my ears.

I rather listen to Marilyn Manson's music and I wouldn't be ashamed either.

There's this remix of Marilyn Manson and NIN singing their version of Madonna's "Vogue" song. A terrible terrible song.
I'd have to agree, although I do think Marilyn Manson is capable of producing good music. I forget which album it is, but he actually sings on it...so you get an idea of what he really sounds like behind all of the screaming.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
User Name

i got nothin but love and respect for NiN and Manson both. as well as Metropolis records.
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
horrorgirl

I remember when Nine Inch Nails first started and they were considered mainstream even back then. I find the music to be too angst filled and simplistic for my taste,and that is why I have never liked them.

No offense to User_Name but as an ex dj I can honestly say that almost all of the music out on Metropolis sounds exactly the same to me. Synthpop. I personally cannot stand that type of music because it is so repetitive. If others want to like it that is their choice, but I find that label to be substandard at best.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
User Name

i dj, and i don't judge all artists on a particular label the same way... if i did that, i'd miss a bunch of music i love.

angst is what you make of it, i didn't realize music was supposed to be pretty and happy all the time.
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #8
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
i dj, and i don't judge all artists on a particular label the same way... if i did that, i'd miss a bunch of music i love.

angst is what you make of it, i didn't realize music was supposed to be pretty and happy all the time.
No....music does not need to be happy and pretty all of the time. However,when a band or a label rely on angst filled lyrics constantly it gets old really fast. The only band that I ever liked on Metropolis was Die Form because they actually sounded different than all of the other bands signed to that label. I would respect that label a whole bunch more if they actually signed bands that didn't sound so much alike.When I was a dj I spun old school goth,punk and deathrock. I NEVER spun synthpop because it was already being over played by other djs. Actually synthpop music sounds happy. I mean everybody dances around to it like Energizer rabbits...right? But then there are those pesky angst lyrics that go along with it. Maybe certain synthpop bands should stop taking themselves so damned seriously and stop thinking that the world revolves around them. Some of my all time favorite bands are 'dark' as hell and don't rely on angst filled lyrics. Samhain and Mozart both wrote music that was dark as hell but they never wrote lyrics complaining about how the world doesn't understand them. I think it takes a lot more talent writing good 'dark' music than lyrics that only an angst filled teen can identify with.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
gothic-serenity

lol arn't all guys like that though? like deep down they all love girls (excluding guys who like guys) and enjoy sawing zombie's heads off in video games? but its cool how you think thats theres something deeper... thats deep
gothic-serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
gasstronamicle

i happened to go backstage at the msg new york city show in november, and didnt see them. i really love the pre-fragile stuff of nin especially broken and tds, the fragile is good but... too instrumental for my tastes. for some reason i really really hate the new albumb with_teeth. it is way too pop based especially the title track with teeth, he just keeps on saying "awithhh tethaaa" and after he says it about 5 time i just wana stab that cd and throw the charded remains at a co worker...
gasstronamicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #11
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
To be honest, I really do like Nine Inch Nails, but I'll have to agree with gasstronamicle that his last effort was NOT much of an effort at all. If anything, I think he's been trying to get in the mainstream for quite some time, and in my opinion, some of the garbage that he has put on his new album is geared more towards the mainstream. To me it sounds as if he has completely changed his sound altogether. Now, I don't mind him broadening his horizons, but this is one direction he shouldn't have gone.
(I will go off on a limb and say that I do own The Downward Spiral, and I still enjoy it quite a bit.)
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote