Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #101
Natasshha

They are pop trashy stuff bw some other stuff....... anyways, is it called ALTERNATIVE when you dont know how to classify it???... anyways...

LALALALALALA AMERICAN IDIOT LALALALALALA.... that all i know...
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #102
Needled

I'm not going to argue with you and say that Green Day aren't pop. I would agree with you there. BUT, just because a band is played on the pop charts, that doesn't make them trashy.. or pop trashy. Not all pop music is bad. Don't immediately dismiss a band because they are 'pop'.. unless your hating on them to prove that your too hardcore for that pop shit. That's what it is right?
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #103
Needled

Oh and I'm not sure about the music term alternative. I just assume that it's a genre that you can't compare to others. It's not rap,rock,metal, or country... it mixes different elements. Okay, I don't fucking know.. lol. I would consider Death Cab For Cutie alternative.. you can't really place them in a category. Except for alternative. =D
Old 01-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #104
joyslayer

Yeah, I like Death Cab For Cutie. They is pretty good.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #105
Needled

They is pretty good. lol. I thought that was funny. Ha.. got some stale humor you say? Yes I know. It suprises most people when they find out that I like bands like Death Cab and Coldplay. If you knew me, you would understand why.. There are certain bands that I like to listen to when i go to sleep. The 2 above, and some of AFI's stuff works well. My radio station always plays songs like that on Sunday mornings. It's really nice to wake up to.. it's called the hangover cafe. I heart 96 rock.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #106
joyslayer

IT does. I can't wait to hear the "Bullet In A Bible". I bet that is going to rustle a few people's feathers.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #107
Needled

It didn't rustle mine. I'm glad I'm not the only anti-green day hater on this site. I don't like bands like Good Charlotte or Simple Plan, but i'm not talking shit about them just because they are played on top 40. If Green Day were playing in my garage, I would like them all the same that I do now while they play stadiums to hundreds of thousands of people. I have all of Green Day's cd's, I like both the old and the new. I think I like American Idiot the best though. I hate when people say that they hate the new but they like the old.. and that Green Day have sold out or something. If you want to hear Dookie then go fucking listen to Dookie!! You can't expect every cd to sound the same. Their sound has evolved, and I think they're better than ever.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #108
joyslayer

I do like their older stuff alot, but I also like their newer stuff.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #109
Wise Child

I actually like Green Day. I do consider them pop, but I agree that just because something's popular, doesn't mean it's bad. I love Holiday off the American Idiot album.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #110
Needled

Holiday's one of my least favorite songs off of American Idiot. Not because it isn't a good song, because at one time I loved it! The radio murdered it though. After hearing a song so often you begin to loathe it. And plus, everytime there was an awards show with Green Day performing, the song was always *dun dun dun* HOLIDAY. Why couldn't they play something else off of American Idiot?! And the title track has gotten played out.. basically every single off the new album that Green Day has released has been played out. Except for Jesus of Suburbia. That song never gets old with me. It's always been my personal favorite off of Idiot.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #111
Wise Child

Aah - see over in England, the most over-played is American Idiot. Pretty good song, but it is EVERYWHERE YOU GO...

Old 01-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #112
Natasshha

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled
I'm not going to argue with you and say that Green Day aren't pop. I would agree with you there. BUT, just because a band is played on the pop charts, that doesn't make them trashy.. or pop trashy. Not all pop music is bad. Don't immediately dismiss a band because they are 'pop'.. unless your hating on them to prove that your too hardcore for that pop shit. That's what it is right?

Hay Papi, I'm not going to discus with you over a band that doesn't deserve it (with all the respect that G.D. fans deserve), bc I really like your nickname and all, but for me they are trashy, I'm sorry to say this but its MY truth...

And just for you to know, I'm not hardcore, I'm very sensitive...

Nati.
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #113
joyslayer

Green day is cool, No Doubt is not.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #114
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
You know, I think it's great that you like their new evolved song but I personally DON'T like their new stuff. It's not the same style as the old stuff. I liked the style of the old stuff. And I don't like the style of the new stuff. It's kind of like I like No Doubt (yes, horror!) but I'm not really a fan of Gwen's new stuff.

I don't expect every CD to sound the same, but can't I like some of the CDs more than the others?
It is perfectly okay for you to like some cd's better than others. I like American Idiot more than the older cd's. I think I could have stated my opinion a little bit better. My main thing is, I just don't like it when people say they like the old stuff but the news stuff is too poppy for them, or they wont listen to American Idiot because it's on MTV. It's like they feel they have to let everyone know that they wont listen to any band or song that is popular. They diss everything besides the underground shit. I'm a fan of underground shit too, don't get me wrong, but I listen to the music and decide whether or not I like it, not whether or not I hear them on the radio.

This is how I would categorize the Green Day albums:

Pre-Dookie, Dookie, Insomniac Era
Nimrod,Warning, Shenanigans Era
American Idiot Era

Insomniac might deserve it's own era.. I think Green Day changed the most between Insomniac and Nimrod.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #115
Needled

OH.. and I have a couple of other things I forgot to say.

I hate it even more when someone comes into the Green Day thread and talks MAD SHIT about them, when the only song they've heard is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Leave the opinions of Green Day to people who have heard at least one whole album.

And I don't know anyone that has done that here, I was just saying if that was to happen..

I like No Doubt.. old better than new as well. I like Gwen Stefani's stuff too, it's different. Not the same marketed sound.. I love when artists break out of the mold. NOT to say that the mold is bad ALL the time.. I mean it wasn't always the "mold". Someone had to start it right? Uh, anyhow, I think that song Gwen did with Pharell sucks bigtime. I mean I'm sure it was really tough to say "You got it like that" only about a thousand times.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #116
Needled

OH, AND ANOTHER THING.. LOL

I think we should rename this "Needled's Thread"

Do I have any votes?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:59 AM   #117
ElectricMayhem

I honestly don't care if Green Day is punk or not. To me, they're just a band I enjoy.
ElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #118
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiesonyourcorset
i love Green Day there's old and new stuff Also i think Billy Joe IS HOTT AS FUCK!! i have a poster of green day on my wall and he's soo gorgeous in it!! i love that American Idiot is a story and it's a great story at that!!
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! Green Day's the best freaking band ever!! and god, I love BilliJoe!!!!!!!! That wife of his is the luckiest woman on the fucking planet..........
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 AM   #119
amyleefan

I really like Green Day,especially Billie Joe..Their musiz is good..They have some unnecessary songs but mostly they are wondeerful..
amyleefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #120
DarkWings666

green day fucking suck. it's as simple as that. everyone in my college is obsessed with them. whenever they play it i feel like climbing onto a table and screaming PUNK DIED WITH THE SEX PISTOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
DarkWings666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #121
Frappo

Greenday's older stuff is kinda catchy, I suppose. At least then they weren't trying so effing hard to be political. We all know Bush is a dumb butt, blah blah advertizing blah blah etc. etc.
Frappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #122
Nemesis

the whole polictical thing annoys me more than anything, they just jumped on the bandwagon with that one, they obviously noticed thats lots of bands had made loadsa money from slating bush n that, so just followed. There were very behind everyone else which would suggest that...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #123
Wise Child

I don't know. Just because it's a fashionable attitude, doesn't mean there aren't people who genuinely feel that way about what they're saying.

And I think they do it well...

Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #124
Nemesis

Maybe, but if they did truly believe it dont you think they would have shouted out a bit earlier instead of half a year behind everybody else
Old 02-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #125
Nemesis

Sorry, ill stop using the font if you cant read it, punctuation i try but english and pelling has never been my strong point