Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
Lament_A_Morte

Smile Anybody Like Switchblade Symphony?

OMG I absolutely love SS but I'm not aware of many other fans..IF you don't care please post your favorite songs/albums :grin:
Lament_A_Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
BoleroBelle

I love Switchblade Symphony. My favorite song by them is called Dissolve.
BoleroBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 AM   #3
Star of Blight

Always liked Switchblade, a shame every time they were playing in SF I missed them, and now they obviously aren't doing any work together, but such is life.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
MrMaelstrom

Fuck yeah, They were great and I still think their version of Siouxsie's Nightshift as one of the best covers ever.
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
Kettu

I love switchblade. I like the song "baby"
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
Kushiel

I had the joy of seeing them on their last tour and it was easily one of the best shows I've been to. Sadly a couple of months later I heard they broke up. Their last studio album was wonderfully written and produced.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:57 AM   #7
strawberry_gashes

I've heard one song, dunno which one but it was really good
strawberry_gashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #8
oldgoth

Tina Root has just recorded a track on the new album from The Last Dance. There's a small snippet here... http://reflectionsofrage.com/myspace/WMCTeaser.mp3 - from a track called Wish Me Closer, the album is released on September 20th

They're also touring the UK soon (without Tina though...)

www.insanitorium.co.uk/TLDtour.htm has all the dates..
oldgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
Lament_A_Morte

that was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoth
Tina Root has just recorded a track on the new album from The Last Dance. There's a small snippet here... http://reflectionsofrage.com/myspace/WMCTeaser.mp3 - from a track called Wish Me Closer, the album is released on September 20th

They're also touring the UK soon (without Tina though...)

www.insanitorium.co.uk/TLDtour.htm has all the dates..

I'm really glad you guys posted especially since i got to hear something new from Tina!! I wish they would get back together it makes me sad!!

Has anyone heard the tre'lux stuff she did? it was really bad and scary!LOL

and i f anyone is interested my music is up finally at http://lamentamorte.tripod.com
Lament_A_Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #10
Jane13

I love Switchblade Symphony ^.^ "Mine Eyes" and "Dollhouse" are a couple of favorites... and "sheep"... I'll stop now...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:15 AM   #11
Fenris

I used to like switchblade symphony a lot when i was on my major darkwave kick. Dollhouse[Razed in Black mix] was one of my favorite songs for a long time. Now their presense on my CD's is mostly limited to dissolve and maybe chain, but i still enjoy their music.
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #12
Kali Maxwell

They're pretty good. I am, however, a serious lover of all things metal, as I am addicted to the sound of electric guitars.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #13
Shemjazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
Dollhouse[Razed in Black mix] was one of my favorite songs for a long time.
Have you heard the Razed in Black mix of 'Clown'? it is exellent.
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #14
Aeternus

I'm not into Switchblade Symphony at the moment, but I really enjoyed it. And I do it even now, now and then.

Favorite songs? Wallflower, Wrecking Yard, Gutter Glitter, Mine eyes, Naked Birthday (My first song from them.), Anmorata, Sheep, Dollhouse and so on.

Switchblade Symphony is kind of... Well, how to say it, in Estonian it's "õõvastav", in English something like creepy. However, Switchblade Symphony makes exactly that kind of music, which you listen to all alone and when you notice nothing.

Hard to explain; I just like Switchblade Symphony.
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #15
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemjazza
Have you heard the Razed in Black mix of 'Clown'? it is exellent.
I love both of those remixes ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 10-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #16
Raven113

Love switchblade. I personally prefer the Mother's Mix of "Clown"

Raven113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:15 PM   #17
Rosie

I love them! One of my favourite bands ever. Want to find Bread and Jam for Frances, I own Serpentine and Witches, and I'd already listened Calamites to death. I hope they come back from hiatus soon.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #18
Junk Bond Trader

I have their first album. I like the first song off it, Bad Trash, I think. I saw them several times live opening for The Sisters of Mercy (Andrew kicked Sunshine Blind off the bill and nearly did so for them--he hates goth bands and goth/doom festivals, you know!) and for Front Line Assembly.

I like them okay. They have nice voices.
Junk Bond Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #19
Tall One In Black

I like them. I have all their CDs and have seen them live twice. Serpentine Gallery is my favorite CD. I also picked up a DVD "Sweet Live Witches" recently.

I could never choose just one favorite song, but I agee with BoleroBelle - "Dissolve" is great.

I don't think they're on hiatus; I think they're defunct. I could be wrong.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #20
SicGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament_A_Morte
OMG I absolutely love SS but I'm not aware of many other fans..IF you don't care please post your favorite songs/albums :grin:
Hell Yeah I love them as well and listen to them alot. I like all their songs but Naked Birthday is pretty kewl song. I like the album Serpentine Gallery its real good but they are all good' albums I mean but Serpentine Gallery is my favorite cd but.
SicGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #21
zinderel

First exposure to the world...

SS was the first Exposure I had to the world of gothic...everything. LOL.

I was a hopeless freak, trapped in the preppy clothes I thought I should wear while going to school in California, then an old friend of my then GF named Michelle gave me a ride home one day and played some SS for me. It was 'Gutter Glitter'. I fell in love and started hunting down everything I could find that was similar, and got a lot of recs from her as to bands I should try out.

I went to a 10 year reunion recently, feeling comfortable and 'normal', not pretending anymore, and you know...the funny thing is all the people I went to school with considered me Goth long before I even knew what that was.

So, yeah, I have a special place in my heart for SS.

Oh yeah, I'm a noobie to this site too. Hi, folks. *wave*
zinderel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:26 PM   #22
AilicesEpitaph

Location: Indiana, soon to be Alabama. usually in the dark by candle light(in my room) my lightbulbs burnt out
I love them. My favorite songs are Call Me Alice and Gutter Glitter.
AilicesEpitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #23
Jane13

zinderel, that's a great story ^.^ But you should also introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself her" thread.
-Cinema Strange
Old 11-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #24
ThwanCondu

Dissolve rocks!
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #25
Fried Mullet

Yes, if you're slightly depressed . I can manage to intake a song or two, but after awhile, they begin to come across as a bit indistinguishable. I can't tell when another song starts or ends. If I had to choose a credible song, it would be Dollhouse.
Fried Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote