Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
c130

Whiny middle-class teens

This irks me so much.

(When I say "you" I'm just using second-person perspective, not referring to anyone specific here)

You live in a semi-detached or fully detached house in the suburbs, with a yearly family income of over £40,000/year. Your parents buy you everything you need and a lot of what you ask for, they cook for you, do your washing up, clean up after you, taxi you around in their car, give up their hobbies and after-work life to accommodate yours, and yet you think you have the worst life ever. You cry that they hate you (because they keep telling you to turn the music down, clean your room, and stop hanging out with the thugs who have criminal records for anti-social behaviour) and they never do anything for you (because they refused to fund the purchase of the car you wanted, didn't want to drive you 500 miles to a concert at the other side of the country, wouldn't buy you the £120 pair of trainers you saw in JB Sport last week, and failed to give you a PS3 or Xbox360 for your Christmas). When they prohibit you from going out at 10PM on Saturday night, or refuse to buy you alcohol that you're not old enough to purchase yourself, or confiscate your weed, you whine that they "think they know what's best for me, but they really don't", ignoring the fact they've been around for three times as long as you.

These kids are ungrateful little shites. Whenever I come across anyone who whines about how awful their life is and how much their parents despise them (specially if they're doing this from the new £1400 computer they just got), I feel like knocking their straight, clean teeth out, and showing them a taste of what REAL misery and poverty is like.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
This irks me so much.

(When I say "you" I'm just using second-person perspective, not referring to anyone specific here)
I really get pissy when people don't understand that when one says "you", most likely they're speaking in general, not about the person that they are chatting/talking to.

Quote:
These kids are ungrateful little shites. Whenever I come across anyone who whines about how awful their life is and how much their parents despise them (specially if they're doing this from the new £1400 computer they just got), I feel like knocking their straight, clean teeth out, and showing them a taste of what REAL misery and poverty is like.
Yeah, KIDDOS *grin*... when I was a teen, we didn't have gaming consoles... only that stupid TV pong game...wow...how exciting. We actually had to have our parents drive us to the Arcade to play games... and GUESS WHAT????.... we didn't have "continue" options or memory cards in the arcade games. When we lost, we had to start from scratch. LOL... thought I'd throw in the "when I was young" shite.

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
PersephoneX

I have to agree. We have friends like that. They have no idea what it's like to work for what they have. And its crap! They treat their parents like dirt because their parents say no to something that they're demanding. I either have to bite my tongue or walk away.
We grew up thinking that a family was a team and if we all worked together and compromised, things would run smoother (even if there were gremlins behind the scenes)...
I never expected my parents to pay ANYTHING for me. When i NEEDED something, they were there for me, if i couldnt get it myelf. But if i wanted something, i got it on my own. I got a job! I hate those angsty little brats that claim to hate their parents, and their parents dont understand them! They make me angry!

Get a fucking job! Use public transport! Stop bitching, because YOU'RE the obnoxious little brat.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
I have to agree. We have friends like that. They have no idea what it's like to work for what they have. And its crap! They treat their parents like dirt because their parents say no to something that they're demanding. I either have to bite my tongue or walk away.
We grew up thinking that a family was a team and if we all worked together and compromised, things would run smoother (even if there were gremlins behind the scenes)...
I never expected my parents to pay ANYTHING for me. When i NEEDED something, they were there for me, if i couldnt get it myelf. But if i wanted something, i got it on my own. I got a job! I hate those angsty little brats that claim to hate their parents, and their parents dont understand them! They make me angry!
Get a fucking job! Use public transport! Stop bitching, because YOU'RE the obnoxious little brat.
I love your wit, first of all.

Check this out: I had a friend that came from a very wealthy family and he never had to work a DAY in his life. One day, I mentioned a W-2 form (the proof of income for the last tax year in the US) and he looked like a deer caught in headlights. At first I thought he was joking, but he said that he'd never worked, so he didn't know anything about forms that working people deal with every year. I wanted to just smack him! :}

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
PersephoneX

Ha ha...I've had a job since i was 15. And i've worked damn hard at what i do. At the moment i work three jobs to cover my student loan. And even with all three of my jobs, i earn too little to need what we call an IRP5, here (which is proof of income in this country)...

Its sad. But it happens.
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
Temptation

I will give you two words that will summarize that long speech, Emo kids. lol

And yea I agree with you I hate kids like that, they don't know how good they have it.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
red

They make good aquaintances..
and if given nothing from the experience..
I am left with a reason to hate again.
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #8
PersephoneX

Uh...are you Confuscious? Or Yoda?

Ever noticed how these kid's parents move heaven and earth for them, to be trampled? What happens whe they get older?
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #9

They become president of the United States.
One of them will anyway.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #10
PersephoneX

I work with people who were like that. My mother was like that...they never really outgrow that mentality. They suppress it. And every now and then you get a nice clean view of that ugly streak...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-26-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
GirlsNotMe

Isn't it adorable?

I actually envy the kids like that, who think they have something to complain about. Its a luxury, but honestly, we can hate them, but we can't blame them. When they are raised with a silver spoon in their mouth, when they see a golden one, they will want it, and what's to say that they shouldn't have it? After all, they've been provided with so many other things, why not THAT particular video game, or THIS specific article of clothing?

It's all a matter of standards. We see the folly of their thought patterns because we are on a different plane of thinking. Ignorance is bliss...let them enjoy it. We'll all know they're still foolish.

-GNM
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #12
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation
I will give you two words that will summarize that long speech, Emo kids. lol

And yea I agree with you I hate kids like that, they don't know how good they have it.
Oh my god. I know, I know, it's uber cool to hate the emo kids, but seriously? Do you have to fucking blame them for EVERYTHING? Every whine I read comes back to those goddamn stereotypes about emo kids.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #13
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Oh my god. I know, I know, it's uber cool to hate the emo kids, but seriously? Do you have to fucking blame them for EVERYTHING? Every whine I read comes back to those goddamn stereotypes about emo kids.
I like emo kids, well depends which emo kid I know. But I don't like blaming them for everything. Although the middle class teen does tend to suck. I used to be friends with kids who were just like the description c130 made. Now I can't stand them because they started to act stuck up and stuff. But I guess that's how life goes....

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
Splintered

I had a thought.

What you see:
Father of this middle class kid: "Now son, have an Xbox."
Kid: "I hate my life.

Reality:
Father: "Now son, have an Xbox."
Two minutes later.
Father: "SHUT UP YOU FUCKING LITTLE CUNT, YOU'RE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, AND IF YOU TELL ANYONE, I'LL KILL YOU."
Kid: "I hate my life."

Possessions don't mean a thing.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #15
c130

Well, the general assumption here is that their parents are actually fairly well balanced, without a psychotic streak like that.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #16
Splintered

Quote:
Well, the general assumption here is that their parents are actually fairly well balanced, without a psychotic streak like that.
And do we know how many parents aren't like that?
How many parents aren't paying attention to their kids, to work two jobs, so they can have these things?
How many parents resent their kids because they have worked to try to give their kids these things?
How many kids are left without a moral basis as the consequence of the spread of liberalism (I'm a Liberal, so before you start yelling at me for that, just hear me out). Say having a "Shock Phase", is a natural part of development. If you have a parent who isn't phased by drug usage, promiscuous sex, and joining to radical sides, then what is going to "Shock" them?
How many kids don't spend any time with their parents, and instead have to look for that same satisfaction with their peers?

We're making the assumption that the problem is that the kid is just whining, even though they have the material elements to make their lives ok, do they even have a remotely emotional connection with someone?

What's the point of having a billion dollars, if you have no one to spend it with?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
MotherofMercies

Quote:
This irks me so much.

You live in a semi-detached or fully detached house in the suburbs, with a yearly family income of over £40,000/year. Your parents buy you everything you need and a lot of what you ask for, they cook for you, do your washing up, clean up after you, taxi you around in their car, give up their hobbies and after-work life to accommodate yours, and yet you think you have the worst life ever. You cry that they hate you (because they keep telling you to turn the music down, clean your room, and stop hanging out with the thugs who have criminal records for anti-social behaviour) and they never do anything for you (because they refused to fund the purchase of the car you wanted, didn't want to drive you 500 miles to a concert at the other side of the country, wouldn't buy you the £120 pair of trainers you saw in JB Sport last week, and failed to give you a PS3 or Xbox360 for your Christmas). When they prohibit you from going out at 10PM on Saturday night, or refuse to buy you alcohol that you're not old enough to purchase yourself, or confiscate your weed, you whine that they "think they know what's best for me, but they really don't", ignoring the fact they've been around for three times as long as you.

I used to be like that. :/
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #18
c130

[ғαиcy ▫ uℓтяα ▫ ғяεsн] says:
my dad is so annoying
c130 says:
what's he doing?
he keeps calling my name and im not getting up, rofl.
he can never just say something, always needs me to go in the room he's in
c130 says:
what if it turns out he's moving the sofa in the living room and right now has it lifted up with both arms and he's under it?
c130 says:
or he's stuck in the attic cos the ladder fell down?
rofl good then i'll leave him there!
he's mean :\
c130 says:
lol
omg wtf. he wont stop, bRb.
he wanted to give me CHOCOLATE, are you kidding me?!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
DarkHeartedDemoness

What a jackass.

How dare he give his kid chocolate.

C130, you should call Social Services on him.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #20
JCC

That kid is a prat.

If my dad gave me chocolate I'd be like

OMGAH YAYZ

But you must take into account I'm a greedy fat lazy child who is infatuated with his own breasts.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote