Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
PlainFear

Best friend moving

My best friend Fay is moving to another school near Manchester so I might never see her again. It's called Loretto prep school, and it's basically an all girls boarding school full of snobs (no offence if you go there, I'm angry at the moment) and I thought this would be good in the whining bit. I don't know what to do as a leaving party, she is like me into all that's gory, spooky and weird....Nothing really fits that in Warrington.
PlainFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Clockwork

The leaving party doesn't have to be a spooky one. I'm sure any goodbye party will still be touching and meaningful for your friend. Just put your heart into it.

I'm sorry your friend's moving away. You can still keep in touch through letters, phone, and Internet at least...
Old 01-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
PlainFear

yeah I guess so...I just wanted it to be spooky so she could remember me, it would be different and stick in her mind I hope and I'd be remembered as something good not the person who gets shouted at all the time for some stupid thing that nobody really understands and it was all twisted anyway. Another of my mates left a while ago and we talked for only a few days before we forgot each other and never spoke again...I don't want that to happen. I'm freaked that she'll get new mates who are horrible and don't want to know an old friend of hers at all, ever.
PlainFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
GirlsNotMe

I wouldn't look at it too negatively. Honestly, England is not all that large of a country, and I'm sure you'll be able to see each other again.

It might even be best to not make that big of a deal of her leaving with a party; it'll just put a larger "GOODBYE" on the separation, rather than a 'til next time'. Hang out with her, spend some time, talk of memories, and leave it at that. Plan on seeing each other again.
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm sorry about your friend leaving.

If there are opportunities to keep you both talking, take them. Another of my friends has moved away to a new town & although I still see her, we send each other emails & text messages.

I hope you find a way to keep what you have existing.

I think the party sounds like a good idea. When my friend left I made her a collection of photos of all of us & our other friends together.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
rawrwithcows

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I think the party sounds like a good idea. When my friend left I made her a collection of photos of all of us & our other friends together.
I also did the same thing when my best friend moved. I made a collection of photos and what not, since the first grade. Its been years now, and, I still keep in touch with him! I also just visited him over the summer, and...uh hung out?

So yeah, it'll be sad for a bit, but, you'll find a way for contact.
^^
rawrwithcows is offline   Reply With Quote