Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #76
Bathory

Well the irony there is that Manson is actually a member of the church of satan, so the people that think they are following his example are infact going totally against him.
Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #77
Bathory

yes I think that might have covered it nicely. Its tragic how the reputation of a whole culture can be tainted by the deeds of the careless and ignorant, but I guess thats how it will always be.
Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #78
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
It always confused me that the inverted cross is seen as evil - should it not be instead an insignia for Peter who wished to be crucified upside down so that his death would not mimic Jesus'?
If you live in a hardcore catholic country like mine, it is an insignia for St. Peter, but not something you wear. Also, the holy inquisition's witch-hunts in countries like mine wiped away everything whci might be interpreted as opposing doctrine, and St. Peter's cross being upside down will always play confusion in the most informed mind, seen as visually, something upside down represents an oppositte. So it is too controversial to wear it here, at least. The only people I ever saw with one were nuns (and idiots in black).

If you're wearing dark attire- the cliché about us being what it is - and are a devout catholic follower of the teachings of St. Peter, it still won't be the 1st thing to come to someone's mind, now is it?

Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #79
Soul_Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom

If you're wearing dark attire- the cliché about us being what it is - and are a devout catholic follower of the teachings of St. Peter, it still won't be the 1st thing to come to someone's mind, now is it?

DAMNIT! Now I will have to get that tattoo removed from my ass.

..Any takers?

And in comes the phrase, 'Don't judge a book by its cover' @ Mael's post...somehow..its too bad majority of society can judge so quickly...
Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #80
ThwanCondu

Quote:
Where does it say that in the Bible?
"Do not follow other gods, any of the gods of the people who are all around you, because the Lord your God, who is present with you, is a jealous God. The anger of the Lord your God would be kindled against you and he would destroy you from the face of teh earth."
- Deuteronomy 6:14-15

"But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their alars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire."
- Deuteronomy 6:5

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down the damn quote where it says to convert people. Maybe I'm wrong. It still says not to tolerate people who are of other religions, as seen above.

And I think you missed the point of my post anyway, so never mind.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #81
MrMaelstrom

Yes, but we're not arguing the tolerance put forward or denied by the Old Testament (which is a very skewd perspective on hebrew writings).

It was people who twisted the notion of going forward and spreading the word, turning it into convert, die or be enslaved, not the bible.

As with todays islamic fundamentalism and last century's communism, it's only an excuse for someone to ram their way of life down someone else's throat.

As for and western notions of nation-building, time will tell.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #82
ThwanCondu

I never said were were arguing the Old Testament's perception of tolerance. Sanatarea asked me something, and that was my response.

What I was saying is this: the trouble with saying, let people believe what they will as long as they don't bother me, is that some believe that they believe they are supposed to bother you in one form or another.

I don't honestly have a solution to that which could be accepted amongst everyone on this board, but I think it's an interesting paradox worth mentioning.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #83
ThwanCondu

OK, then you just don't care. So again, never mind.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #84
Soul_Immortal

Thwan, now I am asking: What are your references?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #85
ThwanCondu

For what? My statement on the previous page? I posted them already. Except that I meant 7:5 for the second quote.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #86
cannibalnuns

-shakes head- Silly people indeed. Excuse me while I sacrifice a roach in hopes my darkest prayers will be answered that little Betty's hair falls out tomorrow.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:53 AM   #87
ExistentialDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
The pentagran is a 5 pointed star.
The Pentacle is that star within a circle, and that alone changes it's meaning.

The inverted pentagram just means Matter Over Mind (pragmatism), as an opposition to Mind Over Matter (spirituality and magic).
Now, I'd just like to ask, why is it that when I tried pointing out the differences between a pentacle and a pentagram, a few months ago, I was attacked for being wrong and not knowing what the hell I was talking about? Hmm?

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #88
OnixxFilth

That's why I instantly flame or diss anyone with "666" in their name in a goth chatroom. That's so overdone and does not in any way convince people that you're actually evil. Another thing I don't understand is why people like my mom are so afraid of that number. It's just a number. So what if it's "the number of the beast"? Does that mean I could take the number 27 and call it "the number of OnixxFilth"? Would that give it any power? To me, 666 is just a number and it only has as much power as you give it. That's why I don't think Christians should be so afraid of it. If you are afraid of something, you give it power over you, in one form or another.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #89
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
That's why I instantly flame or diss anyone with "666" in their name in a goth chatroom. That's so overdone and does not in any way convince people that you're actually evil. Another thing I don't understand is why people like my mom are so afraid of that number. It's just a number. So what if it's "the number of the beast"? Does that mean I could take the number 27 and call it "the number of OnixxFilth"? Would that give it any power? To me, 666 is just a number and it only has as much power as you give it. That's why I don't think Christians should be so afraid of it. If you are afraid of something, you give it power over you, in one form or another.

Yup. It seems that so many people nowadays are just creating their own 'enemy'. If you look everywhere and expect to see the devil, well then, congratulations - you're only living a bleak life of self fulfilled prophecy.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #90
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Onixx-

I cannot recall exactly the formula between numerology and Hebrew that was used, but my Christianity prof broke down 666 into "Nero Caesar".
I've always wondered about this, anyways. Is it in the Old Testament somewhere I didn't see it? Is it from obscure symbolism in the Book of Revelation?

Onixx remided me of 'SLC Punk' when he pulls his pants down in the liquor store to show the Fundies his 666 tat
Old 01-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #91
Blushing Heliophobe

Aahh, Wikipedia. I have to stop Googling and start using that. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #92
spookypurple

Dunno if anybody's already mentioned this type of sighting - the other day I saw a teen-type with a badge on her very cluttered bag that said "667 - the neighbour of the beast".

Well, it amused me for a few moments...! :-D

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #93
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
So the beast has a cell phone as well?

I remember hearing as a little kid that if you dialed seven sixes, on the phone, you would get Satan. Seven sevens got you heaven.

Just to put in my random thoughts.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #94
Circle V

On my old cell phone, my friends and I put Satan and Satan-Cell as contacts. The numbers were 666 and (area code)-666, I believe. It was fun when people scrolled through my contacts and I could smell their eyes getting really big.

Yes, smell.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #95
ThwanCondu

Quote:
I don't know where you learned to read, nor where or how you developed your English comprehension skills, but I said nothing of the sort.

Alas, as they say, fuck you. If you can't hold an intelligent conversation about something you are emphatic about without jumping to conclusions and getting an antler up your ass when asked a basic question, then you need to shut the fuck up until you can converse rationally.

Have a magnificent day.
Damn, don't get your knickers in a twist. I'm sorry I was in a bad mood that day. I didn't mean to insult you. Though try not to get too defensive over comments like that. They don't mean much.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #96
Godslayer Jillian

There's a t-shirt over here used by a kinda preppie style over here that reads "333 medio malo" which means something like "333 kinda evil"
It was a little amusing at first, but it gets so tiresome. It's like when you see around a preppy girl with a Jack Skellington purse

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #97
ThwanCondu

Actually, I feel rude even with what I just said, Santarea. I apologise for making assumptions.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #98
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
Dunno if anybody's already mentioned this type of sighting - the other day I saw a teen-type with a badge on her very cluttered bag that said "667 - the neighbour of the beast".

Well, it amused me for a few moments...! :-D
ha! that amused me right now. thanx.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #99
WolfMoon

That's still amusing, but only if you're my neighbor!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #100
Godslayer Jillian

If I were Satan's friend, do you think he'd let me borrow 50 bucks?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote