Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #26
tenet_2012

I like the Switchblade song called "Sweet". Some of the remixes are not very good.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #27
WRETCHED_SPAWN

Talking

My favorite songs are Witches and Fear
WRETCHED_SPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:09 PM   #28
Lament_A_Morte

I would have to say I love every song they have ever made, but I personally like Numb, Chain, Insect, Bad Trash, Anmorata, Fear, Monsters, Gutter Glitter, Sweet..

I also own every album including the remixes and the rare live album, plus Sweet Little Witches and The Sweet Live Witches DVD.. I'm not meaning to brag I just love SS!!

__KYLE__
Lament_A_Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #29
PortraitOfEccentricity

I was just listening to Wiccan Lullaby.All i can say is wow, it has a nice enchanting quality to it. Other songs i like are Dollhouse(razed in Black Remix) and Gutter Glitter.
PortraitOfEccentricity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #30
Auriane

I only have a few of their songs, but I love all of them. Most of my favorites seem to be pretty common: Dollhouse, Gutter Glitter and Nightshift. But I really like all their songs. They feel so unreal.

I've always thought they have the seem general atmosphere as Midnight Syndicate (especially MS's Haunted Nursery and Wicked). Anyone with me on this?
Auriane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #31
vampirekitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoleroBelle
I love Switchblade Symphony. My favorite song by them is called Dissolve.
Mine too, or butterfly.
vampirekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #32
Nigredo

I liKe the Serpentine Gallery Deluxe Edition. I use it alOt when I DJ at Temple.

Switchblade Symphony A+++ in my Book.
Nigredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #33
Rosie

Definitely one of my favourites!
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 AM   #34
gothictuesday

Gutter Glitter made me fall in love with them, but I really like most of their songs.
gothictuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:35 AM   #35
Death101

The first song that I heard from Switchblade Symphony was from a movie called Wicked which was Clown. After that, I was hooked on them. They actually have a music video for Clown as well. If you go to www.launch.com you can find their video under the archive in the "S" section.
Death101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #36
SicGoth

My favorite songs would have to be Dissolve, Sweet, Gutter Glitter, Naked Birthday and Mine Eyes
SicGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #37
horrorgirl

I only like their first album. Tina Root has kicked her heroin habit and is trying to break into the mainstream music world. On her Myspace page their are samples of her new songs. Really poppy type stuff. At least she's clean now....she was a real mess.

EDIT:Back in the day my then best friend stole away Tina Root's boyfriend. Funny stuff.
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #38
DarkFairyWings

OMG i listened to them for the first time yesterday and tought they're great!!!!
DarkFairyWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #39
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I love them! My favorite song by them is Gutter Glitter.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:29 AM   #40
JuliaGaltic

They are in my top ten! Can't choose favorite songs, but my favorite albums are Serpentine Gallery and The Three Calamities.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #41
Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
I only like their first album. Tina Root has kicked her heroin habit and is trying to break into the mainstream music world. On her Myspace page their are samples of her new songs. Really poppy type stuff. At least she's clean now....she was a real mess.

EDIT:Back in the day my then best friend stole away Tina Root's boyfriend. Funny stuff.
It's not really that poppy, just upbeat. It still has an underground-ish feel to it. It's upbeat electro. I could imagine her having one hit song in the 80s, but that's about it, in this day and age it's not really what would be considered "Pop", though if you do consider Gorillaz to be "Pop" they have some similiar songs. I don't think she's really trying to break the mainstream. We haven't heard much of her proper solo stuff yet, she's only doing an album of covers first. A lot of those bands will be not-so-well-known electro, goth and gothish(Depeche Mode) acts so I'm not sure how mainstream she's trying to be.

She did leave a comment on my MySpace though. I wish her all the best She is adorable.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #42
Sanctus Dei

Gawd it's been atleast 3 years since I've listened to SS... (well for two of those three my shits been packed away) I MISS MY MUSIC!!!! GRRRRRR. I love Serpentine best I think, but I grew a liking to Rasputina and slowed my listening of dear old Switchblade... only a few months though and i'll have all of my lovelies back....
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote