Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
onedarkly1

gothicusmaximus

I offer my humble apologies to you gothicusmaximus, as well as the original poster of that thread.

I was just continuing introductions, ddn't realize I was violating any rules or customs, and should have started a new thread to do so.

Additionally, I merely meant to respond to your comment so you didn't think I was ignoring you.

I will work hard not to make such a "stupid" mistake again.

"Knowledge is proud because it knows so much; Wisdom is humble because it knows no more."
onedarkly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
TurquoiseXx

Hey onedarkly1, welcome! And don't worry, I don't care if you posted in my thread
TurquoiseXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
onedarkly1

Thank you for your kind words Turquoisexx. Nice to meet you and welcome to you as well.

Gothicusmaximus-I started my own thread as you requested, so make fun away.

"Knowledege is proud because he knows so much; Wisdom is humble because he knows no more."
Old 07-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
gothicusmaximus

Sweet, another post with my name in the title. Looks like a certain Godslayer just got one-upped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedarkly1

I will work hard not to make such a "stupid" mistake again.
Hey, could you do me a favor and explain to me why stupid is framed with quotation marks here? Do you intend to intimate that posting an introduction in someone else's introduction thread is not a stupid mistake? A cursory glance this board would reveal to any sensible person that each new member who wants to introduce himself or herself creates a distinct thread for that purpose, yet you seem to believe that failing to "realize" this obvious fact is not an oversight worthy of recognition as stupidity. Please help me understand why you hold this belief.

That said, welcome. As it happens, I am feeling a deep and profound sorrow right now because your apparent desire to not only be an idiot but to parade that fact saddens me, so perhaps we can be dark brethren.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
onedarkly1

I used quotes around the word, because that was the word you used. I wanted to draw attention to it, therefore, you and I would both know it was a stupid mistake. It's called class, one doesn't need to nit pick on an issue where both parties are in agreement, in this case the stupidity of posting in anothers' introduction space. Hence the apologies.

That was certainly not the first stupid mistake I have made, and unfortunetaley, it won't be the last. More importantly, I can live with that. If that makes me an idiot in your eyes, so be it.

I am not here to judge the stupid mistakes of others. I am here to see if there are truly others who understand. My profound saddness comes from what appears to be an endless parade of death among my peers. I am interested in finding others who have been deep in the well of sadness, and are comfortable sharing what they have seen and felt.

"Knowledge is proud it knows so much; Wisdom is humble it knows no more."
Old 07-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedarkly1
If that makes me an idiot in your eyes, so be it.
No, I won't judge you as an individual based on that alone, though I maintain that the mistake was idiotic.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I am here to see if there are truly others who understand. My profound saddness comes from what appears to be an endless parade of death among my peers. I am interested in finding others who have been deep in the well of sadness, and are comfortable sharing what they have seen and felt.
Originally I planned to make fun of you, but when you mentioned 'an endless parade of death among your peers' I actually experienced sympathy for you, so I'll just note that you are no more likely to find such people on gothic.net than you are to on any other internet forum.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
onedarkly1

Gothicusmaximus-Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #9
KontanKarite

Okay, this just isn't going to work. I think I have what? Two threads with my name in it.

This needs to be fixed.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote