Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
Lackluster_Heavens

Anarchy?

What are all your thoughts on it? I personally think that a temporary period of anarchy would be a very good thing.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Saya

Do you mean Anarchy as in a period of chaos and disorder, or the mutual cooperation of people without a hierarchy or obvious authority?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Demonista_Ravenesque

If you're talking about Punk Anarchy, it makes no sense.

By screwing around with an ordered system, you're breaking it down and creating another system. Resulting in mega anarchy anarchists who kill people with ice cream.

I'm going to read a book on Anarchy now.

Thanks for getting me in the mood jerk

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
Lackluster_Heavens

No no, I speak of a period of temporary anarchy, but complete anarchy. I guess to stems to my belief that like any population, man need a population crash. Like when a forest gets too thick and many of trees die to restore the forest back to equilibrium. Complete anarchy, atleast in a temporary fashion would help with this greatly. So to answer your question, A time of chaos and discord. I personally do not believe that the latter will be possible anytime soon.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
Lackluster_Heavens

Exactly, I do not meant anarchy as a system of government, simply as a catalyst for change.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

So you're talking about mindless self indulgence without restricitons, which is obviously not a good idea.
Can you think of how many people would do illegal things because they're not illegal anymore?
I am an anarchist, because there's no best form of government, than no government at all. Now, of course, the only way for anarchy to work would be on a utopian society made entirely by philosophers, which is impossible. I think I could be able to be part of such society, but who knows?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
Prof_Moriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackluster_Heavens
Exactly, I do not meant anarchy as a system of government, simply as a catalyst for change.
You mean revolution then, not anarchy. Anarchy != revolution, or vice versa.
Prof_Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
You mean revolution then, not anarchy. Anarchy != revolution, or vice versa.
Yeah, that's be better, but then what we need is to think about what would that revolution be.
There's no point in saying "we should reach the stars" without knowing how to reach them

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
CptSternn

Anarchy cannot exist for too long as it is a vacuum. Nature hates a vacuum. The biggest and baddest will step up to restore order in the form of totalitarianism. As is life.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Anarchy cannot exist for too long as it is a vacuum. Nature hates a vacuum.
As proven by the existance of space, which is a gigantic... what again?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

Lol, that's true. But this would not be a literal vacuum.
Who knows if anarchy would work. Animals don't have a form of government and they have been doing fine for millions of years.
But then, would Anarchy be the next step to a better civilization? Or would it be a regression?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Do you mean Anarchy as in a period of chaos and disorder, or the mutual cooperation of people without a hierarchy or obvious authority?
SAYA: I'm not sure what Lakcluster_Heavens meant when he used the word Anarchy. I'm more in favour of Anarchy-as-the-mutual-cooperation-of-people-without-a-hierarchy-or-authority, which to most people on this messageboard seems synonymous with chaos & reckless destruction. Compared to every other ideology in the political spectrum, it's the only one that truly recognises freedom, instead of just a word to be thrown around loosely in politician's speeches. Freedom to the average non-political person is scary. To them, it opens up the possibility for more crime, more murder, more ****, more mindless/motiveless property damage, etc. To me, that's not Anarchy. That's Nihilism in motion. On top of that, the average non-political person don't trust in their own ability to make things happen in their lives/community themselves & have to depend on someone they believe is greater than them to keep things running smoothly [politicians, judges, police/sheriff, government in general]. I personally don't need such figures to keep myself in line.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #13
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
What Anarchy needs is an organized heirachy. Oh, wait.

It's a rather romantic idea, but there is little in the chromosomes of the human species that could perpetuate it with any grace for any amount of time.
SANTAREA: If there's an organised hierarchy involved, then it's no longer Anarchy. What distinguishes Anarchy form every other political affiliation/philosophy is that it's not only the absence of government, but the absense of the need for government. Large bureaucracies will only fall if more people solved the problems in their communities/lives themselves. This is why dual power groups like Copwatch [anti-police misconduct group], Food Not Bombs [anti-war/anti-poverty/anti-classist hunger relief group, although it directly solves 1 of the symptoms of poverty & classism], Homes Not Jails [anti-poverty/housing rights group] & Independent Media Centre [non-corporate/non-mainstream online news network where anyone could write & post reports/activist events] exist. They serve as outlets where people could take back aspects of their lives without depending on government institutions/politicians to do it for them. It's, in a small way, attempting to slowly build a new egalitarian world in the shadows of this one.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #14
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Lol, that's true. But this would not be a literal vacuum.
Who knows if anarchy would work. Animals don't have a form of government and they have been doing fine for millions of years.
But then, would Anarchy be the next step to a better civilization? Or would it be a regression?
GODSLAYER JILLIAN: There's a lot that this tragic kingdom called Humanity could learn from the animals. It's hard for me to say whether it will be a regression. Neo-Primitivists, on the other hand, may say so; these folks often point to science, technology & civilisation as being the causes of the world's problems. However, those 3 things are just diverting attention away from the actual 3 causes: Government, Capitalism & organised religion [particularly Catholicism & Protestantism]. If science, technology & civilisation were to removed tomorrow, the world would be a far more dangerous place. There would be no way to fight diseases properly; no surgeries would be performed; weather patterns couldn't be predicted; scientific theories couldn't be proven; electricity & other energy-sources couldn't be generated properly without technology. For everyone to go back to the fucking caves--like the Neo-Primitivists want to happen--would require an act of massive brute force & coercion. That's the only possible way that a world without technology & civilisation could happen. I may not be able to see any "better civilisation" after the state, Capitalism or organised religion are gone, nor will it happen in my immedite lifetime. I'm not going to dismiss it entirely either. But long as I'm still alive, I'd want to prepare for it.

[I have a feeling that my posts on Anarchy are going to lose me the few peers I have on this messageboard.]
Old 02-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #15
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
SAYA: I'm not sure what Lakcluster_Heavens meant when he used the word Anarchy. I'm more in favour of Anarchy-as-the-mutual-cooperation-of-people-without-a-hierarchy-or-authority, which to most people on this messageboard seems synonymous with chaos & reckless destruction. Compared to every other ideology in the political spectrum, it's the only one that truly recognises freedom, instead of just a word to be thrown around loosely in politician's speeches. Freedom to the average non-political person is scary. To them, it opens up the possibility for more crime, more murder, more ****, more mindless/motiveless property damage, etc. To me, that's not Anarchy. That's Nihilism in motion. On top of that, the average non-political person don't trust in their own ability to make things happen in their lives/community themselves & have to depend on someone they believe is greater than them to keep things running smoothly [politicians, judges, police/sheriff, government in general]. I personally don't need such figures to keep myself in line.
I completely agree. I found a wonderful article on wikipedia on Anarchism and its different forms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism , I hope some people find it useful ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #16
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
But this would not be a literal vacuum.
In what sense?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

Yup, Robster was right this time

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #18
Circle V

It seems to me that many anarchists change their views as soon as they have children to protect.

Just a little nugget of not-very-much-to-say that happened to spill out of my head.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

I prefer anarchism when it IS a romantic fable.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #20
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Just a couple quotes from my man, Abbey (I;m not making an argument here, just sharing.):

Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.

Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.
I'm with you [and Abbey] on that!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #21

I may step on some toes with this one, but it's dark in here, so please forgive me...

Animals don't have a form of government and they have been doing fine for millions of years. - Jillian

This is so true Jillian, but animals similar to us, monkeys, throw poo at each other and roll around in their own feaces. They don't need governments. They don't need abstract thought either. They just need poo. And food, to ensure the poo supply won't run out.

I'm in love with the idea of Anarchism-as-the-mutual-cooperation-of-people-without-a-hierarchy-
or-authority. When I think of Anarchism, I think; John Lennon's "Imagine". No religion, no countries, no possessions. Therefore no need for war n stuff.

Such a beautiful thought. *dreams*
But unfortunately, people get in the way of this idea. They like getting as much stuff as they can and keeping it to make more stuff, and then fucking over anyone who gets in their way. Because that's what they've grown up with. That's what they've been taught to do. It doesn't matter what they learn in Sunday school because Jesus doesn't pay the bills. On top of that, people want and buy shit they don't need, that's how bad it's got.

"I personally don't need such figures to keep myself in line." - Pathogen

You sound like a very responsible person Pathogen. If you had a choice, would you pay your water bill? Electricity bill? Gas bill?
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #22

We are different to animals. We make parodies using animals as characters. Read "Animal Farm".
Old 03-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #23
Empty_Purple_Stars

Great Book.

I never looked at the Animal Kingdom the same way after reading it, years and years ago.

Isn't it still required reading in High School?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:40 AM   #24

Depends on the school. Could be.
I read it in High School but it wasn't required. Should be.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #25
Empty_Purple_Stars

It was required for me, but I attended a private school.

This was also during the early eighties, so who knows..

I agree, it SHOULD be required reading.

Speaking of the Eighties & Anarchy..

I still can't see an Anarchy Symbol without immediately associating it with the Circle Jerks & Husker Du.

Then I feel old..

Which makes the Ice Weasels very,very,very, hungry..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote