Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
mika3585

need help

okay i need help with a diy i want to make pants like tripp/raver/phat/whatever else they are call pants. i'm really big in goth industrial rave belly dance fashion. so i need help on making pants that are like tripp/raver pants and if anyone can help me with a trench coat i would love that BIG time
mika3585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
ape descendant

Well, google is pretty awesome.. you also might try a craft/fabric store, where they'd have patterns you could alter... if you have not idea what I'm talking about... start basic and work your way up.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
DarkestSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika3585 View Post
okay i need help with a diy i want to make pants like tripp/raver/phat/whatever else they are call pants. i'm really big in goth industrial rave belly dance fashion. so i need help on making pants that are like tripp/raver pants and if anyone can help me with a trench coat i would love that BIG time
I'm a noob here but I thought there already was thread about making "tripp-type" pants kicking around someplace..? I could be wrong. Goth industrial rave belly dance fashion, huh? That's a mouthful. Ok- I'm guessing this means very wide-leg pants with D-rings and grommet tape and the like? I'm just learning to sew myself and I've found D-rings and grommet tape, studs, etc. to be inexpensive on Ebay. You can either get big pants and add the trimmings yourself or you can start from scratch.
There are lots of patterns in the sewing shops for those "yoga" type pants. They are basically wide-leg pants made of jersey material. They are good for a beginner sewing project as they are quite simple. You could get one of those patterns but use whatever fabric you like- denim, whatever. Drawstring* baggy pants aren't too hard to make and then you can add any kind of hardware you like. That's another thing- one of my friends who was all diy and rivethead-ish used to shop at home depot for trimmings in her wearable creations- that really shiny silver duct tape, those neon plastic ties, just random stuff.
Personally, I associate those kind of pants with younger kids and I've never seen anyone in them who's style I admired- however, being crafty is always something to be encouraged. The fact that you threw belly-dance in there made me think that it's possible you're not thinking mall-goth as much as you might be thinking of like..Tempest and Anaar (<sp?) I saw an ad in Gothic Beauty for a dvd they did that was something along the lines of Industrial bellydance and I think they looked good, I just don't remember it perfectly.

*Once you get the hang of that you can add a fly and your own type of
waistband but the patterns usually call for a stretchy waist.
DarkestSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote