Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Steppenwolf

Facebook?

I was thinking I should make an account , but I want to hear your opinion first . Is Facebook useful to you? Better than myspace? Worst?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
beauismyhorse

It's easier than myspace.
beauismyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Steppenwolf

................. now seriously
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Solumina

I like it much better than myspace. There really aren't people who use it to find people to hook up with, it is really more for keeping in touch with people who you already know.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I started with myspace and then recently switched to Facebook, I use both but Facebook is far superior.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
exacerbatedpoet

I've never had a myspace but I have a Facebook and I use it is a lot. Its just like Solumbia said. Its used more for keeping up with people than meeting new people. This is useful for me especially since I'm at college and this way I can keep up with friends back home or at various colleges. You can join groups, and have applications. Its pretty good and because both parties have to agree to be friends, it has some aspect of security even if its not perfect.
exacerbatedpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Saya

Yeah, I really like facebook, I got in touch with a lot of people I haven't spoken to in a long time, especially family who live far away. Also great for talking to friends who moved away like Ashley, I don't really call or IM her a whole lot so facebook is good for just leaving notes and commenting on things she posts.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Mealla

I prefer Myspace because I like the customization and the fact that you can add music or videos on your profile. I don't really like Facebook's layout, and as horrible as it sounds, I generally prefer meeting new people than keeping up with old ones. Probably because I have very little in common with most of my old friends. Myspaz does get annoying in some respects though. Some people have REALLY spammy pages, and I get lots of messages from creepy, much older men who want to be friends with me. Or creepy couples randomly wanting to have sex with me. I keep both Facebook and Myspace, but I tend to use Myspace more in spite of the negatives.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
Saya

I don't use Myspace at all, I got mine a few years ago and I only had one RL friend who used it, I posted it here when I was really new and the only person who added me was Catch >.< so needless to say I abandoned that Myspace page and never looked back.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Duane

Myspace is okay, I'll be fine with it as long as Catch doesn't add me as a friend...
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Saya

XD I just searched to see if I still had the link up, apparently some 31 year old lady down in the states has my old myspace username thingy. So I don't exist on myspace anymore, huzzah!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
Opteron_Man

I have heard good things about Facebook. I say: "go for it!".
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #13
Geoluhread

It`s waaaaaay better than Myspace..
Because people add lots of applications and customizations on their myspace pages and it takes them DECADES to download, with facebook, you can`t! but you can add applications, join groups and pages .. etc..

The other thing that i really like is that there are some really good games there hehe

Waaaaay better than Myspace
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #14
Nexus-6

I have profiles on both Myspace & Facebook but personally I prefer Myspace.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #15
Alarica

Have to say I prefer Facebook. Nobody I know uses Myspace or Bebo

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #16
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I like it much better than myspace. There really aren't people who use it to find people to hook up with, it is really more for keeping in touch with people who you already know.

I completely agree; this post says it all.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #17
Necrophagist

Facebook sucks. Don't join.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
Tam Li Hua

I got a free Whopper because of it.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
people add lots of applications and customizations on their myspace pages and it takes them DECADES to download, with facebook, you can`t! but you can add applications, join groups and pages .. etc..
Facebook applications are often far more annoying. At least on Myspace people usually have some idea of how they want to design their page before they add things, so it doesn't end up as much of a mess. Though there are some horrible Myspace pages yeah.

I have both, and I don't use either that much. Facebook is kind of useful for events, some people only give information about things on there.

Oh and deleting your Facebook account is difficult, one of my friends tried to get rid of his own.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #20
Gothing

Geoluhread, Aaroneet, Alarica, Saya, Sir Canvas Corpsey, exacerbatedpoet, Solumina, beauismyhorse, what are your facebook usernames?
Can I add you guys?
Gothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #21
Geoluhread

Sure, you can add me to this email...
khth90 -at- gmail -dot- com

@ Raptor, the new facebook doesn`t add the applications right away to your page. there`s only your wall and info.. The application boxes are added later.
The new facebook is better than the old one, because it WAS a mess.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #22
Cicero

The only thing facebook has been useful to me for was to inform me that an old classmate had copped it in a car accident. It also informed said classmate's brother of the death before his parents told him themselves. THANKS, FACEBOOK!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 AM   #23
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothing
Geoluhread, Aaroneet, Alarica, Saya, Sir Canvas Corpsey, exacerbatedpoet, Solumina, beauismyhorse, what are your facebook usernames?
Can I add you guys?
Sure. I think it's under the email addy abbie1412 @ live. co. uk.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 AM   #24
nis~sijai

nice, post up your e-mails for the spammers
nis~sijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #25
Alarica

thats why i dont use my personal email for anything. spam away!!