Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #176
ZyklonB

I was called a Neo-Nazi by an ex-chairman of the board of directos of the Ayn Rand Institute. Peter Schwartz. It was when he was part of a Panel at UCLA discussing Affirmative Action. Lulz.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #177
Joker_in_the_Pack

I wear big tall creepers, tight black pants, a big studded vest, bullet belts, a mohawk, and I've got a Dead Kennedys tattoo. I don't think I can be confused for anything...
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:46 AM   #178
SiouxsiePernova

I've never been mistaken for a fan of emotive hardcore.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #179
Angelic Dissonance

It's luck if I get "Are you Gothic" instead of "Are you Emo". I got both today... I tried to explain that THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'GOTH' AND 'GOTHIC'----and I got "But are you Gothic?"

REPLY: Sure, why the Hell not.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #180
crucifix

I had a guy call me emo last night. He is one of my aquintences and an older goth. He said it was because I have a side part in my hair and what I was wearing. I had on black pants and a black tank top because it was super hot out yesterday. WTF? A side part and tank top makes me emo? I don't I have swoopy bangs and all that shit, just a side part. Yeah....I am so fuckin emo because of a hair part :P
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #181
Todesengel

I get emo all the time and its not just from stupid preps either, friends and aquaintances of myn haven't figured out yet even with gentle encouragement from myself that I'm not emo even a little bit. It pisses me off so much that even after these people have known me for a few years they still havnt figured out I'm not one of those whining little panzies.
Todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #182
Faeir

I admit my clothing style sometimes resembles emo. but in no way am I emo. AT ALL. It's just when I tone down my usual gothic outfits that I get called emo, and when people are being retards.

I'm pretty sure in our school I'm known as an emo. >_>;; There's the insults such as 'dirty emo sl*g', and so on, but thats not quite as usual.

More often than not if I'm not wearing a skirt i get asked if I'm a boy or a girl by chavs, haha!
Faeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #183
DepthsofSpace

I love when people call me 'Emo'. They suddenly get a quick, informative lecture on the history of Emotive Hardcore punk, without their question ever getting answered.

Girl a few weeks back just went, "Un-huh... So what are you?"

And I just answered, "Oh. I'm a Tyler Moore! What are you?" With a big smile on my face.

^.^ That was priceless.

Stupid questions deserve...

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #184
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
I get emo all the time and its not just from stupid preps either, friends and aquaintances of myn haven't figured out yet even with gentle encouragement from myself that I'm not emo even a little bit. It pisses me off so much that even after these people have known me for a few years they still havnt figured out I'm not one of those whining little panzies.
ah yes, same here. But to me emo isn't just whining. We all whine sometimes, come on, we all do. But it is the fact that emos let their emotions completely become the lead of their lives. "oh my god I am so depressed because of this this and this that I can't go on." You know what I mean? Also, the music. I literally am in love with siouxsie sioux and ian curtis and peter murphy. I am not a fan of emo music at all. But no one ever takes into account my music tastes. So what if I have a pair of girl pants because they were the only ones that fit me and they were on clearence? So what if I have chin length hair that is black and layered in the back? No weird emo clothes other than the pants and no swoopy bangs and definitely no over dramatizing my life and my problems. But yet I am called emo regularly because of one item of clothing that I have and a hairstyle that my hair only vaguely resembles. But who the hell cares? I just like how I dress and the music I listen to and that is all that matters. At least I am not a 45 year old person stuck in the head at 18 wearing huge bondage pants and makeup from the crow and a oversized manson t trying to be cool, lol. And yes, I have seen that before *shudders*

Whoo, anyway, I am sorry for the long post. People and their quick opinions baffle me somtimes, that is all
Old 08-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #185
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeir View Post
I admit my clothing style sometimes resembles emo. but in no way am I emo. AT ALL. It's just when I tone down my usual gothic outfits that I get called emo, and when people are being retards.

I'm pretty sure in our school I'm known as an emo. >_>;; There's the insults such as 'dirty emo sl*g', and so on, but thats not quite as usual.

More often than not if I'm not wearing a skirt i get asked if I'm a boy or a girl by chavs, haha!
ha ha. same here. If I am just in a black t and black pants on a lazy day I am suddenly "not as goth" and "look" emo. Whatever.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #186
wraithofregret

Most of the people arond here just assume Im satanic.... I admit I dont look very
depressed most of the time, just pissed off..... But after so long of actually being pissed at the narrow minded masses, my face just stays that way. But then i was admitted to Fulton (later moved to Bryce when my parents moved)
and have learned to... "target" my rage. *considers deleting post due to lack of relevance* I guess my point is that despite what people call us or say to us, we are what WE want to be.
wraithofregret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #187
linkbroken

All the time. Not all that worried about it though.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #188
crucifix

I was with one of my best friends the other day, the one who I always get assumed to be an emo when I am with him because he is uber emo. I had someone tell me later the day the we were such a strange pair. I asked why and the guy said it was because he was captain emo and I was queen of the damned. Heh, made me laugh little
Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #189
TheHandThatFeeds

I get called "emo" alot in school, When I get "Hey Emo!" I normally respond "Hey Gangsta'"
TheHandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #190
Asher

Yeah, I get called emo because of how I dress. I'll be honest and say that I do like the emo style and dress in it alot, but mainly because of lack of funds to buy better/decent clothes. Personality wise, I'm more of a calm/sarcastic type.
Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #191
Starke von Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Yeah, I get called emo because of how I dress. I'll be honest and say that I do like the emo style and dress in it alot, but mainly because of lack of funds to buy better/decent clothes.
I had no idea that dressing like an emo was financially more viable than winkle pickers & drain pipes.

Quote:
Personality wise, I'm more of a calm/sarcastic type.
Any individual who can sum up their entire personality in two words is either lacking in character or hasn't considered it for more than five minutes.
Starke von Oben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #192
Asher

1. Yes, it is way more expensive when you're poor as hell.

2. Ever heard of short and sweet?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #193
Starke von Oben

Quote:
1. Yes, it is way more expensive when you're poor as hell.
Then get a job.

Quote:
2. Ever heard of short and sweet?
Ever heard of getting a job to pay for clothes?

Besides, fashion need not be expensive. Take for example the early British punk movement in the late 1970s. Do-it-yourself fashion was the basis of Punk, and there is an ample abundance of second hand clothes retailers in any town.

Are you in all seriousness trying to claim that the depth of your personality, the entire essence of your being can be summed up as "calm/sarcastic"?

I wouldn't call that "short and sweet" myself. The word retarded moreover springs to mind.

Then again if your mediocre personality genuinely can be summed up in no more than two words it is of little surprise that you lack the creative spark to dress as anything other than an emo, while having the audacity to post on a Goth forum justifying it with weak financial arguments.

That you see Goth fashion as inherently expensive proves that you're a crass emo materialist, whereupon style and the individuals expression through it can only be measured via the price tag.

Grow up or die trying.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #194
Asher

clearly you're one of the "gothier than thou" types who thinks their opinion is law. I might have said two words described me, but that's not all there is to me and really i don't even find a reason why you should give a fuck what I am like or not. You say I'm materialistic, I say fuck you. you don't know me and you're making stupid assumptions.

I haven't got a job because I'm disabled. I've tried and appearently people don't think cripples make good employees so don't give me that get a job crap. You're not anyone to tell me what to do.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #195
Starke von Oben

Quote:
clearly you're one of the "gothier than thou" types who thinks their opinion is law.
It is.

Quote:
I might have said two words described me, but that's not all there is to me and really i don't even find a reason why you should give a fuck what I am like or not. You say I'm materialistic, I say fuck you. you don't know me and you're making stupid assumptions.
These are not assumptions, they are responses based on the evidence provided by yourself.

Quote:
I haven't got a job because I'm disabled. I've tried and appearently people don't think cripples make good employees so don't give me that get a job crap. You're not anyone to tell me what to do.
GoodwillAZ.org (Jobs for the disabled)
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #196
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
You do know the Americans with disabilities act makes discrimination by employers against somone with a disability illegal right?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #197
Hearts_Purple

I guess I'm too scary looking to be mistaken for an Emo.

Although I am offended at people that used to call Emo kids 'goths'. Before I knew what Emo kids were I used to give them fashion tips and music advice.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #198
vindicatedxjin

Bahhahahahahaha

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #199
the-nihilist

I was once, but it turned out the guy was blind.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #200
Ko Pilot

This thread is lulz.
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote