Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Ravens_Moon

Quoth the Raven

My friends usually call me Lady Snape or Potions Mistress. Although my given name is Erin. I, prefer to be called either Lady Snape or my given name. I hail from the Colonies. Texas specifically.

I enjoy reading almost anything I can get my hands on. My favourite fiction books would have to be : Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban, HP and the Chamber of Secrets, anything by Anne Rice, Johanna Lindsey, Michael Crichton, John Grisham, and Catherine Coulter. My favourite non-fiction Books are : Anything on Druidism, Natural Medicine, Minerals and Crystals, Astrology, the Psychic Ability, Vampirism, Werewolves, Blood Magick, Necromancy, Egyptology, the History and Mythology of the British Isles and Ireland, the History and mythology of the Southwestern Native Americans, History of the Southwest United States, and numerous poetry anthologies, British and American.

I have been writing ever since I was nine years old. I started writing poetry, then, tried my hand at the occasional short story. Then I discovered songwriting. I can be found on Quizilla as Dracosgrandpassion. I also write as Dracosgirl at Pure Arrogance. On fanfiction net I am known as TheLadySnape. If you enjoy poetry you can find some of my latest poems at Poetry com. If you are interested in the poetry, owl me ( pm ) and I will supply you with the necessary information. I recently joined NanoWrimo and won it for 2007.

My favourite movies are : The Mummy trilogy, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musicals, Somewhere in Time, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the d**ned, Far and Away, the Indiana Jones saga, Air Force One, The Star Wars saga, and anything with Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Ashley Judd, or Julia Roberts. Also, anything concerning the Arthurian Legend. I can probably say that I am the only girl that can’t stand Brad Pitt.

What do you do ? (Hobbies, job)
I am a writer. I am relentless at pursuing my craft. For the mundane side of my life, I am a mother of two young girls.

What music do you want played at your wedding ?
The music that was played at my nuptials were : Classical pieces interspersed with some Modern love songs.

At your funeral ?
My funeral shall be a time of rejoicement. For there is nothing of Death to fear. It is, but, the next great adventure. A traditional Irish Wake shall be held in place of a funeral.

This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die ?

I will die in a blaze of glory. I will probably give my life for someone else’s.

What kind of casket would you want ?

The casket that I have picked out is an ornate Ebony casket with silver hardware and a dark green velvet lining.

What's your FAVORITE outfit ?

My favourite outfit is what I am currently attired in, my black silk pajamas.

What's one thing you miss about being a little kid ?

There is nothing that I miss. I couldn’t wait to mature into an adult.

What's your favorite band ?

My favourite musical artists are : Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Pachelbel, Wagner, Evanescence, Nightwish, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, and Jim Brickman

What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major ?

I have some university beneath my belt. When I return I plan to major in British Lit.

Why did you join ?

The reason I joined was because the poetry looked interesting.

If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender ?
If, by this time, you are indeed in doubt of whether I am indeed either male or female, then you are obviously not worthy of my time.
Any questions, feel free to ask away. I shall endeavor to answer them.
Ravens_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It is an honor to meet you, and to be the first to bid you welcome!
A fine addition to our literary community I must say!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
Geoluhread

Welcome mrs. Snape =P
It's always a pleasure to meet nice people :-)
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote