Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #151
AshleyO

God damn; did I ever come out of the other side of this argument.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #152
Acharis

You're not alone.. I sometimes facedesk when I realise how fucktarded some of my old posts come off.

As to work, the library isn't too bothered about my appearance. That probably has something to do with the fact that I can no longer be arsed with extra gothy trimmings... though I did go the other way and wear a Minecraft tshirt to work yesterday. Nobody said anything.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #153
Versus

When I want to be rebellious, I let my hair get longer then a quarter of an inch. And sometimes... Sometimes I even wait until it's daylight to shave.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #154
Nos Talgia

Here in Germany many of these social jobs are very tolerant. Many goths I know work with old or handicapped people. So I do. Of course, tolerance and acceptance should be given from both sides.. If your boss allowes you to work in black clothes, then do it, but donīt complain if he doesnīt want you to wear piercings.
I love wearing short skirts, but I work with children, so I wear a leggins without holes in it or just a black jeans ;D
Nos Talgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #155
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I wonder if blackwater found a job where he feels he won because he's wearing black nail polish when handling money.
Blackwater is a she, not a he...sexist!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #156
RavenDeathAngel

blackwater... I understand where you're coming from, I don't want to change my style either. I'm happy wearing black and having a lip piercing and dark make up. But I've had a few job interviews recently and they've all turned me down because I dress the way I do.
The fact is, you can only get a job if you dress like everyone else.
There's no chance of getting a job as a Goth unless you do the typical Goth jobs such as body piercing, tattooing, musician, writer or anything like that.
I write and I'm a musician but in all honesty that's not going to get me anywhere in life.
So stop trying to act like you're the only one with the problem and like everyone's against you. It's not cool to act like a child that's too stubborn to go and play with the other children. It's time you realized that life isn't on your side and to get anywhere you have to change your style.
It's wrong that it's like this but that is just the way it is. You've got to try and work your way around.
You don't even necessarily have to change completely. I've now got a full time job as a Receptionist and for that I take my lip piercing out, tie my hair up but so I'm comfortable with it, wear smaller amounts of make up and I wear smart black clothes. People still see me as a Goth but at the same time I look smart.
Maybe consider that instead of changing completely?
RavenDeathAngel is offline   Reply With Quote