Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
xxkissxmexgoodbye

Red face Why can't I...?

Why is it so hard for be to find and keep a friend and find a girlfriend or boyfriend?? I mean I am pretty and have a nice personaility... What is wrong with me? I mean I really don't like to date guys in the same grade as me, atleast the ones I have known for awhile since there is still gossip from 5th grade. 5TH GRADE!! I mean c'mon it's time to grow up people! *raises hand to head and sighs* I really want to know why I always find such suck ass friends that end up treating me horribly and abandoning me. Is it just that I end up chosing out of the loser stack??? And don't get me started with b/f's and g/f's! They all end up sucking so bad. The last guy I dated was a drag queen and abused me and the last girl I dated sits and spreads stupid lies about me. Is this all because I am still in high school? Geeze it really does suck to be so much more mature beyond your peer's years. I mean today I was sitting in math class taking a test and all of the sudden this one kid makes farting noises. WHAT THE HELL DID I RE-TAKE PRE-SCHOOL!?!?!?!?! Well if anyone has any advice for me I would gladly love to hear it...

Yuki-San

myxintoxicatingxkiss@************
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
c130

Hold out til college, that's my advice. High school sucks because most kids don't want to be there, so they do anything they can to entertain themselves, eg. taking advantage of other people for kicks, disrupting lessons, destroying shit, etc. and gf's / bf's aren't really taken seriously by most. Once you hit college you'll find yourself in a whole new world of smart people who're interested in learning and making friends (and more) instead of being immature, antisocial and stupid.

So hold out. You won't have long to wait. Once you're free you can spread your wings. For now, be patient and don't go hunting for your dream partner in the cesspit that is high school, because you'll most likely only meet disappointment.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
insertwittyname

c130, you have made my day. I wish to know more of the promiseland called "college" you speak of. -.- I have xxkissxmexgoodbye's problems besides the old girlfriend but I have girls that spread slutty lies of me and I have a loving boyfriend at the moment, and the old ex boyfriend was the dick from hell.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Bubble Gum Goth

Awwww! You guys are so young! My advise is: Let slip the dogs of war!! (sorry pretty sure you don't know what that's from) What I mean is, have fun, wreak havoc, stop looking for your 'forever' relationship. C130 is right, you're not gonna find it there. If they spit on you, spit back. Get revenge for how you've been wronged, you're obviously smarter than that motley group of neanderthals, throw a banana peel in their path and then laugh as you watch them fall. But seriously, later in life, all that shit that's going on, the things they're saying that hurts so bad? it's not going to mean anything at all. I know that's hard to hear, but it'll be like a fart in a windstorm, you won't ever remember it was there.
Bubble Gum Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
BlackButterfly

Yeah. High school IS an "imagefest". Most of the people there haven't found their true selves because they're too busy trying to be who (they think) everyone else wants them to be.

I would say work towards your own self-discovery and don't worry so much about what other people think of you, and don't try so hard to find the "perfect mate", because that's definitely one of the things in life that you will overlook if you try too hard to find. After college, it's likely that you may never see a lot of these people who are talking about you ever again.

Additionally, I noticed that one of the arguments towards why you can't find the kind of people you're looking for is "I am pretty..." If you're looking for someone that is more caught up in who you are than how you look, then you shouldn't necessarily have to be "pretty". A person who is caught up in your looks is more likely to reject you if you change your looks into something they may not like, but a true friend will know that's just how you are. Granted, although looks do help in human attraction, your personality should attract more than your looks--remember that.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 AM   #6
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
c130, you have made my day. I wish to know more of the promiseland called "college" you speak of. -.- I have xxkissxmexgoodbye's problems besides the old girlfriend but I have girls that spread slutty lies of me and I have a loving boyfriend at the moment, and the old ex boyfriend was the dick from hell.
Do as Bubble Gum Goth suggests. If those girls spread slutty lies about you, spread your own slutty lies about them. Say you saw one of them making out with the oldest, wrinkliest teacher in your school. Say you saw the other one join in.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:21 AM   #7
ViciouslyBeautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
Additionally, I noticed that one of the arguments towards why you can't find the kind of people you're looking for is "I am pretty..." If you're looking for someone that is more caught up in who you are than how you look, then you shouldn't necessarily have to be "pretty". A person who is caught up in your looks is more likely to reject you if you change your looks into something they may not like, but a true friend will know that's just how you are. Granted, although looks do help in human attraction, your personality should attract more than your looks--remember that.
Very true in my opinion. I'm one from, unfortunately, not many who believes in this, I'm talking about stupid d*ckheads whom I've encountered so many times in life. I run mad everytime I see guys who only wants to be friends with pretty girls only. You may not believe it because I know you guys aren't as stupid as them, but seriously, prettiness has been something really important in many people's lives that sometimes people don't care that you're an asshole as long as you're pretty.

I was really lucky since I had really nice people in my high school, they were really nice and smart and great, except for some particular assholes, of course, you can't expect everything to be perfect right. When I got into college, that was when I met so many assholes, which was a bit surprising, I mean going into college was supposed to mean leaving all the high school dramas and be mature, but some people seemed not yet to fully grasp the concept. I'm not talking as a judge here, maybe I'm one of those assholes too, but at least I'm trying to grow up.

All I'm saying is, maybe it is high school, maybe it's the nature of the people you meet, or it might be something else, but it'll go away, really. I was reading an article about how people regret that they had taken so much time for these high school dramas. They left high school and they've never met the jerks again. Why make it into such a big deal? I understand that it's frustating but if you relax and don't take everything too seriously maybe it won't be as hard.
ViciouslyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
xxkissxmexgoodbye

wow it's really nice to know that someone actually cares. i really appreciate all of this great advice... its nice... because around here you feel so empty and alone. i just am not sure what i want to do with my life. i already know who i am going to spend the rest of my life with. it may not even go anywhere. it's my best friend dan. he is the world to me and has been since 8th grade. when everyone hated me and i had NO ONE, he was the one i talked to. we respect eachother so much and really love eachother. ok, i know everyone is like oh you won't know what love is until you're older. well i am older on the inside and younger on the out. it's like i am 16 outside and like 26 on the inside. it works a lot of the time but when you try and make new friends, well its hard. but i just don't care anymore. i am to the point now that i am just like whatever people may have some manner of the same style... well it's just highschool..

THANKS!!,
Yuki-san
Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
AzrealZ

Hey Yuki-san, don't let other people get to you. There will ALWAYS, no matter where you go, be people who don't like something about you, and often for bad reasons. Do what makes you happy, and while college is a lot of fun, there is a lot of immaturity there too. I should know, I've been going for six years. Hehe. The good news, is that there will always be people who understand where you are coming from, and will like you for you, whether it is romantically or as friends, and they are worth it. Everyone else here has given pretty good advice, though the whole spreading rumours things I personally don't agree with..I prefer to fight back either physically, or making people so scared of me that they back off, but that's just me. Anyways, good luck and take care of yourself, and remember, there are people worth knowing, just takes some time to find them!

Az/Ry
AzrealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
insertwittyname

-.- I suck at the spread rumors thing, and these people don't really care from others, becuase other people already say those things of them. Things happen when all the girls date a slutty openly bisexual girl and makeout in front of the entire school. They already get that and don't care because the "prepps" suck so who cares about them? They hate prepps with a passion though for all their Hot Topic shit, they are the original emo/prepps. -.- Their calling me slut, hurt bad because they were my only friends that lasted for more than a year, or a full year for that matter. I hung out with them for 3 years and I thought I finally fit in somewhere, where everyone would protect me emotionally, and they ended up doing the most hurt. Other kids I just say fuck you, and tell them how I want them to die with utmost honesty, my favorite is I hope they die by sandpaper starting at the genitals. These kids, they know no other insults but "fuck you" and "shut up you shit sucking bastard" they can't insult well but think that they are the best with their straight out unoriginality. Basically, anything I could throw at them, they are immune. Only way I can piss them off would be if I dressed better and looked better. To do that I need money, and I can't get a job becuase of too much homework and I turn 16 in April, and to gain 5 pounds in muscle like it did in ROTC camp where I lost my ass and thigh fat and put instead sexy toned muscle. Only then, will I have revenge. -.- None are very pretty, and all have huge physical imperfections that they are insecure about, and hide in their anime and Hot Topic regalia.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #11
Firestorm

Welcome to high school.

You might wonder why high school students are so immature and "barbaric". It's because they have no purpose or place. High school was probably forced on them, rather than chosen.
Essentially, high school has a lot in common with a prison, it brings out the worst of us.

In my school we don't have this problem, as we all chose to go there.
College won't have this problem either.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
College won't have this problem either.
That's not true-- the problem will be less, but there will still be people who want life to be like it was in high school, and who will act accordingly.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #13
xxkissxmexgoodbye

yeah i noticed... but college will be better. i will be with my dan then...
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #14
VisciaDacia

Hey I'm in high school too....I guess the trick is to remember that they are going through the same things you are but they just aren't handling it the right way. I'm a freshman so of course I was terrified, but luckily I have ended up at a wonderful school. There are a few bitchy girls, but of course those are the ones who are caught up in image. Beauty fades, and quickly if you have nothing besides it. And high school boys are rarely worth pursuing anyway. If they are ignoring you in favor of "prettier" girls regardless of personality, it just shows more about their character than what you're doing wrong/right/whatever. YOU are the only one whose opinion matters. Wherever you go, there are those who don't know how to deal with other people and because of that, push away those that they don't understand automatically. That is their own problem, not yours.

Just be what you are and forget about all the assholes...school sucks for everyone at times but if you keep your chin up and dance to your own drum I'm sure everything will work itself out for the best.

(Haha, that last bit was so cliche. It still stands though. I hope something in that mass of wordiness was worthwhile to you...I'm probably younger than you so I might not know much *shrug*. Much luck to you in your high school endeavors <3)
VisciaDacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
xxkissxmexgoodbye

yeah well i am in the clique school of the world... i hate it
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #16
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
That's not true-- the problem will be less, but there will still be people who want life to be like it was in high school, and who will act accordingly.
True, but as long as they dont reach a critical mass, it shouldn't be a problem. This depends ofcourse on the number of students in that particular college.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #17
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
True, but as long as they dont reach a critical mass, it shouldn't be a problem. This depends ofcourse on the number of students in that particular college.
And what sort of college it is. If it's the Public University near your high school, you can pretty much expect that you'll have to deal with the same people and the same bullshit you did in high school.

I would recommend a private college out of state, if your primary goal is to get away from high school.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #18
xxkissxmexgoodbye

yeah i am actually really excited just to go to college and get the hell outta this town..
Old 11-15-2006, 09:45 AM   #19
Delkaetre

I'm currently in university away from my home town (and country, for that matter), and I've found it's very different to high school. People are behaving very differently, and I'm no longer getting shit for being a goth, a comics geek, a gamer, a non-sports-player, or for having an interest in learning to code assembly.
Things should improve immensely once you get to a safe distance away from your current hometown.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #20
xxkissxmexgoodbye

thank you so much... that really makes me a lot more happy and excited that i will be leaving here soon....
Old 12-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #21
BLEED REBELION!!!

high school suxs

im in 9th grade and i laoth 50% of my school am indifferent to 30% i am on okay terms with the other 10 % and friends with the other 10% . i was failing all my classes but now ive got a b average
the intulectual stuff is easy 4 me i just dont give a shit i dont plan on being A lawyer or anything i just want to have fun act stupid and generaly have no plan.as far as socialy dont f**k with me (or my ppl) and i dont f**k with u its that simple .
i dont care what ppl think off me u dont like me go f**k off. ppl think i put spells on them (not true). I used to care i used to want to b liked and adored by my peers and ive learned the hard way that it doesnt matter bcuz u will never b what they want. i rarely ditch school only when ive got better things to do. i found that its easyer (i cant spell sorry) to just go to school and get okayish grades adoults dont bother u as much if u do ill b free soon enough. besides a few teachers really care about me.so i go to school act generaly antisocial. act anti astablishment fight the power bla blah bla. (if im nice to u it means ur a really cool/non bitchy person) . so b an individual be insane love urself keep a few friends in perfect lve and perfect trust dont worry about the haters and fight 4 what u want
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #22
korinna5555

i wonder what language its speaking, becky
Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #23
LostAndCrazy

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA, BeckySlater, you cruel witch. *grunt grunt* (Sorry about the caps, but it was THAT funny!)
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #24
BLEED REBELION!!!

its a blog my grammar doesnt have to be perfect as a matter of fact my internet grammar etc sucks
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #25
Kassindrya

This might be the... "chaînon manquant", but I don't know the English word. I'll say the missing species between monkeys and humans.

Last edited by Kassindrya; 12-08-2006 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Correcting a few typing errors
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote