Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #26
Graveyard.Crow

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all just learned to tune out the things we don't want to hear?
Graveyard.Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

Nah; pollution would destory the environment in such case.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #28
Graveyard.Crow

Not if you think of it in another way. You would be able to tune out things you don't want to hear, doesn't mean you would be able to tune out things you don't want to see or feel. Like the enviroment getting fucked up.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #29
Mick Ignis

Another good Christian soldier doing their part to ruin a kid's life. I have a feeling these "professionals" never research what they're talking about and merely make immediate judgments that they talk about with other equally ignorant people. God forbid someone show a little personality.

Om3gag0th666, does using the words "children" and "kids" when describing the other board users make you feel somewhat superior in any sense, or are you actually an older person with enough time on your hands to type in a forum you obviously don't think highly of?

In my experience, the type of person who would make posts like you do is usually about 14-16 years old.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 AM   #30
bleedingheart344

Main points: These online postings bashing the gothic culture are just typical human behavior, Christians (only ones that are the extreme practicing christians) are hypocrites about this kind of stuff, and alternative religions. There are very few people who stop to think that an atheist, such as myself, has to know the bible as well as any other christian to even know if I don't believe in it or not.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 AM   #31
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
I smell hypocrisy in the air,
Posts that are anything but,
Becoming exceedingly rare.

Omega, no offense, are you schizophrenic? You cannot seem to hold down an opinion for longer than 20 minutes.
No offense, but are you are you a raging cunt? Just asking...are you a stupid bitch? Are you a total dumb shit?

Just asking...
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:43 AM   #32
LostAndCrazy

Why yes I am, Mr. Hypocrisy Becomes Me.
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #33
Cicero

I think he means "Yes, yes I am schizophrenic".

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #34
LostAndCrazy

You could look at it that way, yes.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #35
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I think he means "Yes, yes I am schizophrenic".

Do you want to suck on some smegma?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #36
Nocturalis

I don't really see the relation between that and schizophrenia.
Omega, please don't be so pretentious in adressing others. Yes, you are very intelligent and eloquent. Now please acquire some modesty.

Indeed, these answers are quite wrong. It seems quite wrong also people who ask the questions might have no-one else to turn to. I guess most children will have to simply gain wisdom themselves and not trust on others' ideas as far as getting into the gothic culture. Difficult.
Nocturalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #37
LostAndCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturalis
Omega, please don't be so pretentious in adressing others. Yes, you are very intelligent and eloquent.
Hey. you're not a terribly good liar. =P

Also, a great vocabulary is ultimately just a tool, made redundant if you have nothing of any great significance to say. The situation is not unlike that of a parrot having learn't some new words.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #38
Jayden

Draconysius, I love ya for those first two posts you made, nailed it.

I was going to go ahead and throw in my own two cents, but you guys said it all. I'm starting to really love these boards.

*files Kids Connection under "idiot christians" in Bookmarks (yes there's a "smart christians" folder, but that's much smaller *sigh*)
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #39
Ex_Oh

1. I just wanna say that I am a Christian and I try to be gothic in any way possible so I see where this person is coming from. Growing up in an atmosphere where being religious is a number one factor I can see why she/he/it said the things she said. Because people stereotype goths they fear that it also affects the religious beliefs because a christian looks at someone who looks like a goth a satanist which is supremely looked down upon by christianity.

Well all I have said was probably already answered but i just wanted to give it from a christian viewpoint not that i agree at all with what she said
Ex_Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #40
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
Hey. you're not a terribly good liar. =P

Also, a great vocabulary is ultimately just a tool, made redundant if you have nothing of any great significance to say. The situation is not unlike that of a parrot having learn't some new words.
This is what everyone says who doesn't have any idea that a parrot doesn't know what it's saying, and that I do. If I can put words together in an eloquent matter, that puts me above you in some way, deal with it.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #41
Graveyard.Crow

Why all the fighting you silly gooses you
hehe
Old 12-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #42
Mick Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
This is what everyone says who doesn't have any idea that a parrot doesn't know what it's saying, and that I do. If I can put words together in an eloquent matter, that puts me above you in some way, deal with it.
There's a good difference between eloquent and pretentious. I've spoken with some of the greatest minds in California. Philosophy, Art, and English professors from UCLA, USC, CAL state, and CALarts as well as many different art scholars and historians. You know what they all have in common? They talk like normal people, they have manners, and they don't rub their degrees in other people’s faces.

Using "Big words" doesn't make you higher than anybody else. You do not speak eloquently. You speak in a way that is completely devoid of class, etiquette, or sophistication. Any jackass with a thesaurus can write like you do.

Perhaps you remember the quote from Macbeth: “Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing”. Judging by your avatar, I get the feeling that you're trying to emulate the personality of Alex de Large. However, you fall quiet short and end up sounding like that one egotistical guy at art shows that everyone dislikes and tries to avoid.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #43
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
There's a good difference between eloquent and pretentious. I've spoken with some of the greatest minds in California. Philosophy, Art, and English professors from UCLA, USC, CAL state, and CALarts as well as many different art scholars and historians. You know what they all have in common? They talk like normal people, they have manners, and they don't rub their degrees in other people’s faces.

Using "Big words" doesn't make you higher than anybody else. You do not speak eloquently. You speak in a way that is completely devoid of class, etiquette, or sophistication. Any jackass with a thesaurus can write like you do.

Perhaps you remember the quote from Macbeth: “Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing”. Judging by your avatar, I get the feeling that you're trying to emulate the personality of Alex de Large. However, you fall quiet short and end up sounding like that one egotistical guy at art shows that everyone dislikes and tries to avoid.
Firstly, look up all the words you just used. Because you obviously DO NOT KNOW what the hell you just said. I do write eloquently you dribbling anthropoid ape.

I am not trying to sound like Alex, moron. If I was I'd use nadsat slang, this is another reason why me > you. You don't even know the difference between English and the Slavic English blend: Nadsat slang.

I am not using a thesaurus troglodyte. You should realize that by now, but if I'm not that conclusively proves indubitably how petty you are. You have to rationalize your inferiority by saying that I'm a pseudointellectual. I don't even check any sources of anything, this all falls from my head alone.

Now if you're going to make another ad hominem argument, make sure it's not idem quod this. Now piss off, chav.

--

[EDIT]

You just said you speak to history and art majors, what do they know of the English langauge? They know concept, dates, and names. They do not understand the inner-workings of the English langauge, they do not understand the complex memetics taking place, or etymology. Hell, I doubt half of them are familiar with a fucking amphibrach, or scansion for that matter.

As I said, piss off, chav. If you're going to try to go tete-a-tete with me, you better be ready to back up what the hell you say. So far all I see is a lot of fucking smoke.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 AM   #44
Tumor

Ooh, I cannot wait to see the reply...
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:12 AM   #45
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
Ooh, I cannot wait to see the reply...
Me either, this will surely be another amusing pile of ad hominem ad naseum.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 AM   #46
Mick Ignis

Quote:
Firstly, look up all the words you just used. Because you obviously DO NOT KNOW what the hell you just said. I do write eloquently you dribbling anthropoid ape.
Hmm, what words did I use that I didn't understand. Was the Macbeth reference too much? I wrote the previous post in plain everyday English. You know, like I’m actually talking to you. You however seem to favor specific words which at some point you decided were clever. I know you like them because you use them in almost every post you make. Hmm, "anthropoid ape", "troglodyte", "tete-a-tete", "ad hominem", "idem quod". Have you ever said these words out loud to yourself? I've never met anyone who talks like that who hasn't done so out of humor.

By the way, don't mix languages. Keep Latin and English seperate.

Quote:
I am not trying to sound like Alex, moron. If I was I'd use nadsat slang, this is another reason why me > you. You don't even know the difference between English and the Slavic English blend: Nadsat slang.
I never said you were trying to sound like Alex. I said you were trying to act like him. An ultra-egotistical asshole that preys upon anybody he finds less superior to him, often using references to his "intellectuality" as an excuse of why he's better than them. Not that I didn't love both the book and movie. They're some of my favorites.

Quote:
I am not using a thesaurus troglodyte. You should realize that by now, but if I'm not that conclusively proves indubitably how petty you are. You have to rationalize your inferiority by saying that I'm a pseudointellectual. I don't even check any sources of anything, this all falls from my head alone.
Again, I never said you were using a thesaurus. Funny that you wrote that I DID NOT KNOW what the hell I just said, when you've misread so much of my post.

I stated that the use of larger, less common words over smaller, more common ones does not make you an eloquent person. Calling me a troglodyte versus calling me a moron makes little difference, it expresses the same point. More thought isn't put into it; it's just another word. However, it seems to make you feel more intelligent sense it's use is so uncommon (especially as an insult).

Quote:
Now if you're going to make another ad hominem argument, make sure it's not idem quod this. Now piss off, chav.
Again, read this quote to yourself and try not to laugh. What person could possibly understand what you mean here? What person would see you as anything more than a pretentious jerk for using the words "ad hominem" and "idem quod"? Wouldn't calling my argument a personal attack suit the situation just fine?

By the way, do you use English slang because you're actually English or do you just think it's cool?

Quote:
You just said you speak to history and art majors, what do they know of the English langauge? They know concept, dates, and names. They do not understand the inner-workings of the English langauge, they do not understand the complex memetics taking place, or etymology. Hell, I doubt half of them are familiar with a fucking amphibrach, or scansion for that matter.
They are smart, well educated, intellectuals who really are more schooled than the common person. However, as I stated, they talk like normal people, they have manners, and they don't rub their degrees and knowledge in other people’s faces. That's why others respect them and actually want to learn from them.

Quote:
As I said, piss off, chav. If you're going to try to go tete-a-tete with me, you better be ready to back up what the hell you say. So far all I see is a lot of fucking smoke.
I believe I just did back up what I said. Although there's hardly anything I need to back up from my last post. Make a note that I would never say anything about you or your elite speak if it wasn't for your continuous attacks on people who have done nothing.

Oh, and by the way, I’m sure this reply is full of punctuation mistakes. But, you know, I just don't care. This isn't high school English, I’m sure you can read it just fine. And I’m sure you can't wait to make a really clever response.

This is fun! I hope other people are enjoying this.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #47
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
This is fun! I hope other people are enjoying this.
As my last post indicated... well, you get the picture.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #48
Tumor

Quote:
Me either, this will surely be another amusing pile of ad hominem ad naseum.
Interresting choice of words, given your history of arguing at this site...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #49
Cicero

I, for one, am most certainly enjoying this!

Thank you for being awesome, Mick.

Omega, the use of the terms "troglodyte" and "anthropoid ape" as insults is ridiculous. You've obviously never come into contact with the loveliest and friendliest creatures on the planet. They're a hell of a lot more interesting than you appear to be in the above posts.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:52 AM   #50
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I, for one, am most certainly enjoying this!

Thank you for being awesome, Mick.

Omega, the use of the terms "troglodyte" and "anthropoid ape" as insults is ridiculous. You've obviously never come into contact with the loveliest and friendliest creatures on the planet. They're a hell of a lot more interesting than you appear to be in the above posts.
You've met the primitive ape, and a Neanderthal? Now you really impress me, moron.