Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #26
Cicero

Aw, you're lovely as ever Humane, but I do agree with our dear friend Omega here. My internet-self is very shallow indeed. People who know me in person think differently, but real life is irrelevant on an internet forum where I'm known only by what I choose to type.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #27
om3gag0th666

It can be irrelevant, but your superificiality is irrevocable to me.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #28
Cicero

I'm curious as to why you feel the need to keep repeating your point.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #29
Rizash

You know... self expression is something people have died over.... To not dress how you feel like dressing is just letting people who want everyone to blend in win.... I really hate conformity as much as I hate people who pledge to non conformity.... Be yourself! Most of society is pre-occupied with fashion and appearance.... For someone to be different is shocking to some.... Those who actually care about fashion will cherish someone who expresses themselves differently. Those who say it is "not stylish" to dress how you want are just sheep who buy name brand shirts that pay $1 for materials $1 for labor and $127 for a label. If someone gives you crap about dressing differently just take it as a compliment.... It just means they dont have the self confidence to be unique.
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 AM   #30
bleedingheart344

Well, for me, I dress the way I do because I am just comfortable in it, I mean, I love expressing my individuality, but you cannot really do that if your style will inevitably branch off from someone else's. I mean, come on everyone needs inspiration, right? Now, that being said, I love all the stares I get, because I can laugh at how ignorant they are, and I do laugh and scoff at the comments I do get, I don't get that many comments in the first place. It's just that they get really tedious and annoying. But the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, and this is what I like to do, therefore, it shall stay.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #31
LostAndCrazy

Rizash makes a killer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizash
I really hate conformity as much as I hate people who pledge to non conformity.... Be yourself!

Ditto! I just had to comment. Finally, common sense prevails.
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 AM   #32
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I'm curious as to why you feel the need to keep repeating your point.
I didn't repeat my point, but thanks for pointing out that you do not understand English.

Also about that whole conformity thing, do any of you realize you are conforming to a sub-culture, or are you all just crazy?

You cannot avoid conforming, you were built to conform to something, no one can escape that.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:06 AM   #33
LostAndCrazy

Be yourself, if that means conforming, than so be it. If that means not conforming, so be it.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #34
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
So what if she's attractive? She's still shallow, shit.
I don't think I made my point clear: The outfit she assembled displays artistic creativity. I am not merely talking about her beautiful eyes and smile, but her photo is beyond a mere "something thrown on", it is an original expression.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #35
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
It can be irrelevant, but your superificiality is irrevocable to me.
A scientific video explanation of OmegaGoth and his ilk:

Haters defined

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #36
c130

Quote:
You cannot avoid conforming, you were built to conform to something, no one can escape that.
Lol. Truth.

As long as you're a human, you're conforming to your species.
As long as you wear clothes, you're conforming to the part of society that nudists don't belong to.
As long as you wear colours that other people wear, you're conforming to the limits of the visual colour spectrum.
As long as you wear garments that you saw someone else wearing and liked, you're conforming to them.
As long as you drink Coca Cola, you're conforming to the world of soft-drinkers. :3

It really is impossible to be non-conformist, and as soon as you state that as your aim, you're conforming to the group of non-conformists.

Anyway back to topic. If you're getting hurt by what people think about your choice of style, it's a suggestion to me that you're insecure about who you are, and are looking for encouragement that you're on the right tracks. If it hurts to be told that someone would never have otherwise spoken to you because of your choice of appearance, you should figure out what you're really about, because that's hardly an unexpected side effect of wearing alternative style clothing.

I've worn my hair very short ever since I was about five years old (I'm a girl). I've had shit hurled at me throughout my entire school career, and I can tell you, if you think people commenting on your fishnet sleeves is hurtful, you'd NEVER have gotten through what I did. Short hair and boyish appearance is just who I am, I give absolutely no importance to gender and as such I don't reflect my own gender, and I've never been truly hurt or upset when people called me "he-she" or "manbeast". It's just meaningless drivel from slobbering idiots with their own superiority complexes.

Grow a backbone, please. Wear what's YOU, and you won't be hurt by others' snide comments, because you'll know better.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #37
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Also about that whole conformity thing, do any of you realize you are conforming to a sub-culture, or are you all just crazy?
Most of us never say that non-conformity oxymoron. Rizash himself, not many posts ago, said:
"I really hate conformity as much as I hate people who pledge to non conformity"

The illusion of non-comformity is stupid, and I don't see that it was mentioned around here in any case.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
Godslayer Jillian

But the victorian and deathrocker looks are oh so pretty.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #39
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I don't think I made my point clear: The outfit she assembled displays artistic creativity. I am not merely talking about her beautiful eyes and smile, but her photo is beyond a mere "something thrown on", it is an original expression.
Artistic? No, aristic is new, not old.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #40
LostAndCrazy

I'm not sure who aristic is. Does she dress well?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #41
om3gag0th666

Original expression means that it has never been done before, if it can be classified, then it's probably not original.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #42
Rizash

Quote:
I didn't repeat my point, but thanks for pointing out that you do not understand English.

Belonging to a sub culture does not mean conformity -- if done at a personal level.... It just means you share common interests. You can dress in a TOTALLY different style and have a totally different outword appearance (looks attitude, etc...) than everyone else.... There are only so many colors you can wear... its not the style/name/color of the shirt, its how you wear it what you wear with it and how you carry yourself that makes *YOUR* appearance.... If you dress exactly like others then you're just a clone who really needs a life.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #43
Rizash

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
Lol. Truth.

As long as you're a human, you're conforming to your species.
As long as you wear clothes, you're conforming to the part of society that nudists don't belong to.
As long as you wear colours that other people wear, you're conforming to the limits of the visual colour spectrum.
As long as you wear garments that you saw someone else wearing and liked, you're conforming to them.
As long as you drink Coca Cola, you're conforming to the world of soft-drinkers. :3

It really is impossible to be non-conformist, and as soon as you state that as your aim, you're conforming to the group of non-conformists.

Anyway back to topic. If you're getting hurt by what people think about your choice of style, it's a suggestion to me that you're insecure about who you are, and are looking for encouragement that you're on the right tracks. If it hurts to be told that someone would never have otherwise spoken to you because of your choice of appearance, you should figure out what you're really about, because that's hardly an unexpected side effect of wearing alternative style clothing.

I've worn my hair very short ever since I was about five years old (I'm a girl). I've had shit hurled at me throughout my entire school career, and I can tell you, if you think people commenting on your fishnet sleeves is hurtful, you'd NEVER have gotten through what I did. Short hair and boyish appearance is just who I am, I give absolutely no importance to gender and as such I don't reflect my own gender, and I've never been truly hurt or upset when people called me "he-she" or "manbeast". It's just meaningless drivel from slobbering idiots with their own superiority complexes.

Grow a backbone, please. Wear what's YOU, and you won't be hurt by others' snide comments, because you'll know better.
All I can say is thanks for being yourself.... Most people even on here dont understand rejection at a "root" level.... This society has such issues with such minor differences. I think most of the worlds "image crisis" comes from movies/TV where all women are unrealistic and super femenine.... Screw that... thats why 50% of married couples seperate within 3 years.... False image is so harmful its unbelievable.... I think people who are themselves... and truly are happy with how they portray themselves and hide nothing have the best chance at long term success in life.

PS: yes, that was a rather sexist comment... most guys expect women to be obedient/do anything for them... I for one respect women for who they are... not what most guys would want them to be. One of the main reasons couples split up is because they have unrealistic expectations... and guys expect the world of women.... Its depressing
Old 12-09-2006, 01:32 AM   #44
om3gag0th666

Hey Rizash, or Romeo. You're an idiot, women love to be abused, why do they always end up with assholes, hmm?

Also, you conform no matter what you do, we've already ALL come to that conclusion, deal with it.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #45
c130

Quote:
Artistic? No, aristic is new, not old.
It has nothing to do with whether it's a new or old idea. It's expression of feelings/emotions and a display of aesthetic appreciation, skill, and creativity. It doesn't have to be a completely new invention to be artistic. If you were to argue that point then most of history's famous artists would need to be discarded.

Quote:
Belonging to a sub culture does not mean conformity
Yes it does... if you don't conform to the basic defining properties of a subculture, you don't belong in it. I mean how many of us here would claim to belong in the chav subculture? None of us. Because we don't conform to that. We conform to our own style. And as long as you claim to be part of a subculture, and you act/dress/think the part for the role, you're conforming to it.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #46
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Hey Rizash, or Romeo. You're an idiot, women love to be abused, why do they always end up with assholes, hmm?

Also, you conform no matter what you do, we've already ALL come to that conclusion, deal with it.
We do not love to be abused thank you. We don't always end up with assholes.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #47
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
We do not love to be abused thank you. We don't always end up with assholes.
Then why are you with an asshole, or why do you wish you were with an asshole?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #48
Kassindrya

What makes you believe she is or wish to be?
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #49
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Then why are you with an asshole, or why do you wish you were with an asshole?
You can not read my mind. I do not wish to be with an asshole. I like kind and gentle people. I do not like to associate with people who are abusive or are assholes.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #50
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
You can not read my mind. I do not wish to be with an asshole. I like kind and gentle people. I do not like to associate with people who are abusive or are assholes.
You're a huge liar, I bet if I checked your record, you have been with only assholes.