Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Dragoness2071

"Emilie Autumn" makeup

Emily Autumn's make up always looks really unique to me; she paints down the middle of her lips, and the sides white, giving them a "pucker up" effect with out too much focus on them. She Adds little hearts here and there, and it's really cute~

Now, I was considering trying this look, but some people can't pull off certain looks. For instance, I can't wear too much eyeliner because my eyes are too light(or I screw up, and for some reason it looks worse than when some one else does it. o_o)

Tips and ideas would be much appreciated. ^.^
Dragoness2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Malice In Wonderland

Bands can do this sort of thing on stage and for photo shoots etc.

But on anyone else walking through the street's it's a bit over the top.
The lips possibley.
But nothing else in all honestly.

Form a band and play live gigs.
Then you can do it.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
twistedsyn

I..Love..That..Artist

She is so beautiful <3

But yes, it is a little over the top for just regular day to day.She loves over the top though.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
Minyaliel

I saw her live. On stage, it looked amazing. Off stage, even on her, it looked odd; out of place somehow. You could do a toned- down version of it if you´re going out, but do not attempt to do this on an everyday basis. Believe me, it does not work. (In case you need to know my credentials, I´m a makeup artist. I know these things.)

But oh yeah, I can understand the wish to wear such a style.

What about just letting it inspire you to create your own look? She uses lots of black and hot pink, as far as I could see. Pale out your face as much as possible, use a pink blush on the apples of your cheeks. Use white eyeshadow as a base (apply to entire lid up to the eyebrows), then apply hot pink in the crease and sweep it out. Instead of liquid eyeliner, use an angled brush and black eyeshadow to create half a cat´s eye shape at the outer corners of your eyes, then sweep some black along the skin in a thin line just above (and below) your lashline. Apply mascara heavily. Top it off with a pink lipstick or lipgloss. Voila. If you´re daring, and have the right style, this look might work for you, especially if you´ve got very pale skin and blue or green eyes.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I saw her live. On stage, it looked amazing. Off stage, even on her, it looked odd; out of place somehow. You could do a toned- down version of it if you´re going out, but do not attempt to do this on an everyday basis. Believe me, it does not work. (In case you need to know my credentials, I´m a makeup artist. I know these things.)

But oh yeah, I can understand the wish to wear such a style.

What about just letting it inspire you to create your own look? She uses lots of black and hot pink, as far as I could see. Pale out your face as much as possible, use a pink blush on the apples of your cheeks. Use white eyeshadow as a base (apply to entire lid up to the eyebrows), then apply hot pink in the crease and sweep it out. Instead of liquid eyeliner, use an angled brush and black eyeshadow to create half a cat´s eye shape at the outer corners of your eyes, then sweep some black along the skin in a thin line just above (and below) your lashline. Apply mascara heavily. Top it off with a pink lipstick or lipgloss. Voila. If you´re daring, and have the right style, this look might work for you, especially if you´ve got very pale skin and blue or green eyes.
Wow you know a good amount about makeup.
I'd love to have a professional do my makeup for me at some point.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #6
Minyaliel

Um, I guess. I have worked in the theatre many times as head of the makeup department, so I do have a bit of experience. Letting a pro give you a makeover or something is something everyone should do at least once in their lives. I´d do your makeup for you if you weren´t living across the pond. :P
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
Malice In Wonderland

Hahha.
I was watching some documentary about Boy George and was rather upset when I saw him with a makeup artist...

I've always wanted someone to do prosthetics on my face.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #8
qrst748

Thumbs up no2

TPL is the best! Keep up the great work! <3! Def. will be coming back for more of TPL's perfect service in the near future :]
qrst748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
Ms.Crowbar

I do my own make-up.
It's inspired by Souxsie Soux mostly.
But I love EA's make-up. She's beautiful. Havn't had the chance to see her live yet, though.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
KontanKarite

If you want to be able to look like that, please be sure to weigh at least 115 lbs and are at least 5 feet 9 inches. Also make sure you know how to play music.

Other than that, it wouldn't be advisable to do it. Essentially, it's a bad idea to run around looking like a clown if you're not hot enough to do it. But don't let that stop you.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
Ms.Crowbar

Are you taking the piss or something? Because I'm 5ft 9 and I weigh around 9st.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
KontanKarite

Are you saying you're ugly? I'm sorry, I can't help you. I suggest you look up a plastic surgeon.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Desdemona

I adore Emilie Autumn, and her style.
I'd say if you tried to copy it, unless, like Minialiel, you are a makeup artist, it probably wouldn't look good.
And bad copies of other people are never a good idea.

I'd say modify her style to make it something to suit you, and that you are comfortable with applying.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote