Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Lucretia is my goal

Need Advice (Serious, not bullshit)

Explaining the issue(sorry about the spelling and sentence structure I'm in a hurry)

I'm 20 years old an I'm at a divide in my life

My dad wants me to finish trade school I'm not a book smart person no matter how hard I study or how long I never can get an A or B(I only graduated High school with a 2.3 GPA)

I'm tired of having to depend on other people for me to live my life.

All I really want is just enough money to get by

I'm stubborn and so is my dad. Stubborn + Stubborn = miserable lives

I already hate my mom because of the childhood she took from me.
I don't want to lose the only family I have left, I afraid that ever day longer I live with my dad the farther apart we become.

My question

I'm wondering is it in the best interest for me to take this job and move out?
Lucretia is my goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
Acharis

How long do you have left of trade school and what's the job?

Does it seem like a steady job? Would the money cover food, rent, and bills - would you need flatmates to afford to live out of home?

Tempted to encourage you to go for the job because it could be a positive thing, but also careful not to burn your bridges just in case you run into difficulties.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
Lucretia is my goal

I have a 2 years left of trade school.

It is a steady job that offers a higher chance to move up in the company. some people that have stayed a year got a position that paid $18 an hour.

The starting wage is $11 hour and there is an apartment I've been looking at that is $525 a month including utilities (not cable or internet) i have a moped that I will only have to fill up once a month the apartment is only 5 miles away and Walmart is right down the road.

Thank you for the advice
Lucretia is my goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
Stormbringer

Lucretia, I would advise you to get the job and move out. You won't lose your dad. In fact you might even become closer once you start to miss each other.

Can you finish trade school later? I found that I got along with my family better once we moved out - my brother and I were always fighting and he was often fighting with my parents because while he lived in their house they expected him to obey their rules - sound familiar?

It will be hard at first but nothing beats having your own space, peace and quiet, or being able to do what you want when you want.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
BourbonBoy

I'm with Stormbringer on this. Also, is there a possibility for you to get a paying internship? Also, if you don't make enough in a month, it's possible for you to receive temporary state benefits for food. I'm not going to b.s. you here, because you'll have to really penny pinch for a while and not be social either.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
laughing goth

I will say finish trade school. Its a pain now, But you will make more money in the long run and that will get you more Independence later.
I hate to say money matters but it really does. You want all the options you can get.
Remember your father is in your corner. Try to cut a deal with him, You go to school he gets off your back about what ever he bugs you about.
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
KeineModalen

Being a loner and eating tons of ramen is like where it is at!
KeineModalen is offline   Reply With Quote