Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
and they can be more popular because they are androgynous.
You fucking worry me.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #27
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Here's one thing that I definitely think needs an age limit: High heels

This one stupid company has the idea that right out of the womb girls should be on their way to becoming "fashonistas": http://www.heelarious.com/index.php

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 AM   #28
Noirette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Clothing will not invite paedophiles, if a potential child molester wants to get him or herself revved up over a child then it won't matter what they wear. Human are sexual beings, it is in our nature to be sexual and when viewing anyone, child, teen, or adult, in corsets or in a school uniform or in casual gear it is up to the viewer how sexual that becomes.

There is a website ( I do not know the specific location) but it sends paedophiles who have a foot fetish to sites where they can watch 'The Sound of Music' because the Trap (sp?) family gets around in sandals.

It's both funny and scary because voyeurism will always have unlimited potential and attempting to change things such as clothing that will in no way dissuade the voyeur or paedophile or child molester is just pointless.
********** aren't the main problam here. Young girls that dress in a sexual way without even knowing what is the meaning of their cothes are.
Imagine a young girl at the age of 11 that goes in a corset, and there comes this very nice cute guy and tells her how beatiful she is, and she feels that it's just her prince-charming. Before she even knows what she got herself into, their relationship becomes more sexual.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #29
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Here's one thing that I definitely think needs an age limit: High heels

This one stupid company has the idea that right out of the womb girls should be on their way to becoming "fashonistas": http://www.heelarious.com/index.php
The shoes aren't meant for children who can walk; they're just meant to be cute.

These shoes are no better or worse than Humane's grandson's gas mask.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
TheBloodEternity

As long as they aren't walking (those are meant for kids who can't even walk yet, it looks like) in heels and messing up their feet, knees, or back, then there's nothing wrong with it.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Except that these mothers are using their babies as accessories and giving them a good primer to grow into spoiled trophy wives.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #32
onyxprop

Dammit! I agree! there should be an AGE-LIMIT for clothing!

I'm tired of these little 9-13 year old bitches prancing around looking like Paris fuckin Hilton street slut!

Fuck.

Dress your age!

Pig-tails.

Pink little socks with beads on the hem.

PANTS!

Granny Panties! NOT G-string from 18XXX store!

Fuck! I just want to slap those girls who wear skirts higher than their ass cheeks.
onyxprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #33
Steppenwolf

I admit I have a hard time looking at 8 year old dressing like me , but I admit also that is MY own problem . If they chose those clothes , they have a right to wear them , unless :
A) I have to pay them with my money and the price is out of question .
B) Miniskirts , corsets and other "erotic/semierotic stuff" ... lets say until they are 15 and fully understand its meaning ...
C)They violate the dress code at school .
Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #34
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Except that these mothers are using their babies as accessories and giving them a good primer to grow into spoiled trophy wives.
Yeah that's why I don't like those heels, I don't like the idea of mothers from an early age turning their daughters into "fashonistas" (shudders upon having to say that "word" again).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #35
~~Auriel~~

I do think boys have it much easier than girls. My husband and I dress our son in Gothic clothing, Ozzy t-shirts, etc. We also dress him in some clothing with the Jolly Roger on it, or other pirate stuff.
When we do eventually have a girl, she will also be dressed in gothic clothing. Probably lots of dresses with striped tights, etc.
When our son gets older, I don't see us restricting him from wearing eyeliner if he wants to or painting his nails black.
As far as a girl would be concerned, I don't think we would allow her to wear clothing that is too revealing, skirts that are too short, etc. I went to Ozzfest last year and saw quite a few young girls that had their underwear hanging out from underneath their skirts. Any parent that let's their daughter go to Ozzfest dressed like that should be kicked in the a$$ every hour on the hour.
I suppose my husband and I feel like this: We're responsible for them until they are 18. Until that time they will respect our rules, and after that they can do what they want. We are the type of parents that would allow tattoos and piercings before 18, and consider ourselves very liberal. However, we wouldn't be inclined to allow our daughter to dress like a slut...and that's pretty much what it looks like when girls that are too young dress too sexual.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #36
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
I admit I have a hard time looking at 8 year old dressing like me , but I admit also that is MY own problem . If they chose those clothes , they have a right to wear them , unless :
A) I have to pay them with my money and the price is out of question .
B) Miniskirts , corsets and other "erotic/semierotic stuff" ... lets say until they are 15 and fully understand its meaning ...
C)They violate the dress code at school .
Why do they have to be 15 to fully understand the meaning?
A lot of kids are becoming more mature earlier, which maybe is a bad thing but theres nothing you can do to change that. I think the reason a lot of parents restrict what their kids wear is that they don't want them to grow up and "leave them", so they treat them like little kids and tell them they aren't old enough to make decisions for themselves.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #37
Steppenwolf

Yes , that is one of the reasons , but also its about protecting them and try to avoid conflict at school or streets . You worry about them because you love them .
If I had a daughter and she was mature enough at 12 , I guess I could have a mature conversation with her , and I'd feel really lucky about having her understanding all so soon .
Being involved in SM , I just want my kids to share my knowledge . I dont want them to be ignorants about it and wear a corsett at school because "my friends do it" .
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #38
Desdemona

Well I'm 14, year 10 at school and yeah, I wear corsets, heels, skirts etc etc..
Does it make me feel like a slut?
Most definitely not.
I think that kids (and when say this, I mean little children, 0-10) should dress pretty neutral, maybe with some other things, like Auriel said about the dresses with striped tights etc, but nothing that people could really go nuts over. When you get to 10/11ish, you do start developing your own style and thats ok, as long as it's not too extreme.
As to lyrca/PVC etc.. and I dont mean to offend anyone, but personally I don't think people of any ages should wear it. Not in public, anyway.

http://julissajohnson.blogspot.com/2...for-dress.html
Things like that are what we should be stopping.
Period.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #39
JCC

It seems fairly innocent for them to apply play makeup in their own house, eh.

As for an age limit for clothing, whatever. Don't care.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 AM   #40
Desdemona

It seems innocent, yeah..
But the sooner they start, whether that be in their own homes out of the sight of people, the sooner they will want to wear it out.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #41
JCC

I disagree with these play make-up sets on the basis that it indoctrinates girls with this very staunch idea of femininity that has to be adhered to from an early age. If it encourages them to use it later on, that doesn't bother me so much as long as they wear make-up because they like make-up, rather than because they feel obligated to wear make-up.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #42
Desdemona

Good point.
A lot of people I know think they have to wear practically orange foundation and stupid amounts of mascara.."just 'cause everyone else does"
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #43
jack_the_knife

One of the things that I find really creepy is when mothers dress their daughters up exactly the way that they dress themselves.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #44
Desdemona

Definately.
I was out the other day and saw 20-something chav mum with (I'd say about 8/9) daughter in matching pink velour (sp?) tracksuits and white puffy parka coats with matching Playboy earrings.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #45
Tam Li Hua

1. No one should dress slutty, especially someone who still looks like they could be playing with Barbie dolls or G. I. Joes.

2. Once someone turns 18, they can wear whatever they want.

3. Teens are going to rebel about 90% of the time, because that's what most teens do.

4. Gothic and Sweet L0l1ta is NOT a sexual perversion, though there is a similar idea in that some guys like to see their mates dressed as little kids. This doesn't mean that if a guy sleeps with a full-grown woman who's wearing a strawberry shortcake outfit, that he is a pedophile.

5. Folks who are sexually attracted to children can't help their attraction, but they CAN help what they do about it. If anyone touches a child sexually, or is involved in child pr0n at ALL, then they should be caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

There. I think that covers everything. XD
Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #46
Desdemona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
1. No one should dress slutty, especially someone who still looks like they could be playing with Barbie dolls or G. I. Joes.
Doesn't that entirely depend on one's idea of "slutty"??
Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #47
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona
Doesn't that entirely depend on one's idea of "slutty"??
It depends on what the society one lives in considers 'slutty'.

In other words, I don't think 12-year-olds wearing leather mini-skirts, high-heeled boots, and tube tops is all that great of an idea here in the States. It sends the wrong message.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #48
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
I think their should be age limits going both ways. Young girls should stick with the turtle necks, button up shirts with see through sleeves and anime.

There is a small margin between 18 to 35 that is a free zone. However, stop wearing My Little Kitty and other associated items before 25. Some stuff out there is disturbing.
Actually, I would consider any age after 18 to be a free zone. My dad is 72, but he has a diamond stud in one ear, and gets a lot of compliments on it.

But I -do- agree that one's wardrobe should probably mature a little as one gets older. For instance, if a 45-year-old woman is trying to look l0lita-ish, then I'd be more than a little disturbed.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #49
Tam Li Hua

As for what teens should wear, I've always been of the opinion that if they don't pay for it, then they don't have much choice in it.

At the same time, I think a good parent will give a -little- to what the kid wants, but not let the kid go around looking like a prostitute.

Certain clothes send certain messages, folks. It may not be right or fair, but that's the way it is.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #50
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
In other words, I don't think 12-year-olds wearing leather mini-skirts, high-heeled boots, and tube tops is all that great of an idea here in the States. It sends the wrong message.
I think that'd be cool. Would've made being 12 more interesting.