Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #101
Mr E Nigma

I'm not sure what his major is, I'll find out. At any rate that's pretty crazy, I've only met one other member from these boards that i was closer too, but that was when I lived in DC...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #102
Solumina

There used to be a chick in Norfolk but I haven't seen her around here in a while and I never met up with her. Korrina actually lives about 10 min from my home up in NOVA, it was really weird when we foud out how close we are, we've both been over to eachothers homes, I've even met her whole family, but she kind of quit gnet for a while, I don't know if she will ever venture back.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #103
Mr E Nigma

Interesting. I enjoy meeting new people, it's generally why I go to anime cons, it's one of the few places I don't feel socially awkward... probably 'cause everyone else is socially awkward as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #104
Solumina

Same here, I also love any excuse to dress over the top
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #105
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Same here, I also love any excuse to dress over the top
Yeahhhhh haha. I like to dress formal as well.. although I've not cosplayed in forever. I want to do the red coated Dr. Horrible, but I can't find anyone to make the coat for me.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #106
Solumina

Yeah I have had similar problems, if I do go to Mid Atlantic I will not be costumed as I have nothing made that would go with my current hair and I really don't like wigs.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 AM   #107
Duane

I got shot down again, this is starting to be a lot of fun.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #108
Mr E Nigma

Yeah, I wish I could sew and/or had a sewing machine. Or just the money to pay someone to make it.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #109
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
I got shot down again, this is starting to be a lot of fun.
Awww I'm sorry, don't let it discourage you, you'll find someone who appreciates you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
Yeah, I wish I could sew and/or had a sewing machine. Or just the money to pay someone to make it.
See I can sew, I just don't have a machine and if I'm going to get one I want to get a nice one, which are quite expensive. I have a friend who has helped me with a few things in the past but she now has a job teaching, on top of being a part time student, so she doesn't really have the time. If it wasn't specifically anime then I would get out my Yori costume but that doesn't really fit the genre.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #110
Duane

Oh it's fine... just need to listen to Owner of a lonely heart again. I should have known better anyway, I was being idiotic.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #111
Alarica

I'm fucked off with my parents. Yes I should be grateful I have them but I'm sick of giving in and putting up with their double standards out of fucking guilt. I decided to speak to my brother after not talking to him for months. He wants my girls to be part of his wedding. I agreed. My mum now tells me that because her and my dad hate my bf (the kids dad) that he isnt invited. So now I've told her to fuck off. I'm not going and nor are my kids.

Last week she gave me an hour long lecture (bearing in mind I'm old) about how we dont have to like everyone but we can atleast be civil to people, so we all get along. This was because I think my brothers fiance is a cunt. Yet this same lecture goes out the fucking window with respect to my partner, who is the father of her grandchildren. So now I am even more pissed off with her because I gave in and spoke to my brother just for her to turn round and be a bitch. I give up. I'm happier when they leave me to get on with my life and only want to talk to me once a month.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #112
jack_the_knife

Sounds like the kind of situation I have sometimes with my grandparents. Dysfunctional families are fun : D .
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #113
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Awww I'm sorry, don't let it discourage you, you'll find someone who appreciates you

See I can sew, I just don't have a machine and if I'm going to get one I want to get a nice one, which are quite expensive. I have a friend who has helped me with a few things in the past but she now has a job teaching, on top of being a part time student, so she doesn't really have the time. If it wasn't specifically anime then I would get out my Yori costume but that doesn't really fit the genre.
haha, you haven't ever noticed the storm troopers or power rangers? XD

Lots of people go outside the genre, I mean I'm trying to do Dr. Horrible, and that's not anime. I guess it depends if you really care that much =shrugs=
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #114
honeythorn

I guess this *could * go in the fat rolls thread but I want a whine as well so I'm putting it here ,and balls to anyone who moans about it.

I can't seem to get below my current weight of 15 and a half stone. I've fucking plateaued already. I'm doing something wrong somewhere. I keep changing my jogging route, the inclines, speed, surface...

I can't do any classes or anything as the leisure centre in town doesn't open late and by the time I get in from work it'd be time to go out again with no chance to rest.

I'm not going to give up though. I can't.

As I was jogging tonight, I just felt...angry. Really fucking annoyed with myself for getting it wrong again. And I can't be like I am. I've spent my whole life as that fat ugly kid in the corner who no one wanted to speak to in case they also got bullied by pure association.

It never goes away that fat kid. Never. I could be thin as a twiglet and she'd still be there chewing away on a biscuit. And the worst thing is it's my fault. I ate the food so now I'm a huge fat bastard who'll end up looking like a saggy deflated ballon when I'm done.

I'm tired of not being able to touch people, without wanting to crawl the walls and rip my skin off with a cheese grater . I want contact.

I'm tired..sorry.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #115
Solumina

Don't worry Honey, that happens to a lot of people. Sometimes you hit a point where you have lost everything that is easy to get rid of and all that you have left is going to take serious commitment. Keep faith in yourself and keep working at it. Maybe try something that will tone up your muscles without building them, like yoga, it will help you to slim down and hopefully help boost your metabolism which will help you to keep dropping the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
haha, you haven't ever noticed the storm troopers or power rangers? XD

Lots of people go outside the genre, I mean I'm trying to do Dr. Horrible, and that's not anime. I guess it depends if you really care that much =shrugs=
Well I can't say that I have ever seen any Power Rangers but yeah I know what you mean. Yori is just not a character that many people seem to recognize at anime cons and I get lots of people asking me why I'm dressed as "that dude from Tron."
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #116
Saya

You know, Power Rangers were Japanese, thats why the original villain was a horribly dubbed Japanese lady. For the actual Power Rangers when they were out of costume they just reshot those scenes with Americans.

So it wouldn't be totally out of place at an anime con ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #117
Mir

Is enjoying Anime an acquired taste? I never really got it. That, and comic books.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #118
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You know, Power Rangers were Japanese, thats why the original villain was a horribly dubbed Japanese lady. For the actual Power Rangers when they were out of costume they just reshot those scenes with Americans.

So it wouldn't be totally out of place at an anime con ^_^
If you're talking about Rita Replusa, you're wrong.
Chinese.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #119
Smells Like A Foot

I have a lady friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smells Like A Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #120
Mir

I'd be ranting too, unless she was into buttsecks!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #121
Smells Like A Foot

She is here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #122
Mir

Ask her if she's into buttsecks!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #123
Smells Like A Foot

She said she is up for it but dont tell hom!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #124
Mir

Even if I promise to be real gentle-like?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #125
Smells Like A Foot

Don@t make m beat your asss bouy!!!!!!!!