Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
Immortal_Death

A Day without Make Up

For people who have used or put makeup on everyday when you are going out either to school or work, how would you feel or would your day be like with no make up on. Let's just say it's because you ran out of make-up or something like that.

For me, I would have less confidence in myself. I actually feel comfortable wearing make up. I get alot of negative comments, but it's not like I care how they think. I don't look good for others, but for myself. Because of that, I can express myself in a way other people here will never do. I'm very proud of my improvements in make up also.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:09 AM   #2
c130

I don't wear make-up, so I'll invert the question. If I wore makeup for a day, I'd probably feel like I was dressing up early for Halloween, no matter how much I put on. I like looking natural, so I'd feel false or fake with anything on.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #3
Child_of_Fury

I have to have those days every now and then. Atopic skin, you know... It's kind of annoying, knowing that I look like shit (like I do, without make-up). Some guys actually look at me in a little odd way when I don't wear make-up. I actually feel safer with make-up, it's like a mask that's covering me.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
chelseagirl

I go without makeup quite often, especially when I'm running late for work (god, I hate getting up early in the morning). However, I never, ever, go out to a club or bar without makeup.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
DarkHeartedDemoness

I don't think it's a big deal either way. I don't wear makeup usually, but I often wear it for special occasions. I think of makeup in kind of the same way I think of nylons, I guess. Because I don't wear nylons daily, but when I wear them to fancy-dress occasions I feel more comfortable.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:07 AM   #6
She_Is_My_Sin

I'd feel uncomfortable without it. I get really bad bags under my eyes, which I find necessary to cover up. Masscara is my must though. I've been out a few times without the slap on, but I didn't feel pretty.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
Delicate_Torture

I don't wear make-up when I go to work at all. I find that if I do my face looks like it's melted by the time my shift is over. The only other time I regularly go out is to go swimming... so once again, no make-up.

On the rare occasion that I do go Out (with a capped 'O') I will wear make-up and 'goth-up'. I feel comfortable with what I wear, though... I don't do the whole Demon-mime from Hell type thing. I just powder my face, add a little colour here and there, usually accenting the eyes with reds because my eyes are pale blue and it makes them stand out.. and leaving the lips quite a plain, matte fleshtone. I love my liquid eyeliner, but I get strange looks when I wear mascara. My eyelashes are long.. like mutant long, very dark but with blonde tips on them so when I wear mascara it looks like I have false lashes on. Then I set everything with a short burst of hairspray... yes, you read that right.. and off I go.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Um for me is feels awkard. I mean I know sexy either way. But still, my eyes feel funny for some reason not having eyeshadow or eyeliner on. I don't know how to explain it, it just feels funky. I mean I could go a day without it, I have before, but it definitely feels funny.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #9
Ashenstar

Naked!

I end up feeling a little naked and bare without makeup.I even minimal makeup. I also don't feel "stellar." Like I'm not making the most of my looks that day. I feel that's important to try and look beautiful everyday because you never know who you will meet or see again! Many times I have "bumped" into someone from the high school I went to, me without makeup, looking tired and a little drab, and thinking "God dammit! This is how they will remember me from now on!"
Ashenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:53 AM   #10
bleedingheart344

Without makeup on, I feel that I look too plain, like there's just something missing from me that makes it look slightly odd.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:44 AM   #11
Immortal_Death

Yes, I know what you are saying.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:17 AM   #12
bleedingheart344

Even if it's just a tiny bit of eyeliner, it still does wonders for me.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:44 AM   #13
Immortal_Death

If it was prohibited to wear eyeliner, then I would just but black eye shadows and mascara on because I still look sexy that way. :P
Old 10-15-2006, 05:56 AM   #14
bleedingheart344

Well said, I am not one for mascara though, I mean my eyelashes aren't rediculously long, I just don't have much of an inclination to wear it, so I stick to shadows, liners, glitter, but quite small amounts, nail polish, I would wear lipstick occasionally, but I just have not found the right shade.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #15
Argine

I like myself better with makeup but I'm not dependent on it. I usually wear makeup to school but I don't bother if I'm in a hurry, so it's not a big deal. And I never wear it to work, unless I'm working after school of course.
Argine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #16
Immortal_Death

I wear it when I'm out, like at school, malls, restuarant, etc. When I'm in a hurry, I would take my time to finish my make up.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #17
badteccy

I never wear makeup to school so it's no big deal. I have worn some pretty crazy makeup over the summer when I'd go to the club, but now my "crazy" makeup consists of a lot of black eyeliner, MAYBE some pallor because I am an asstard.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 AM   #18
medusa

I feel naked without my make up, I think the last make up free day I had was back in March when I had glandular fever(evil) and didn't leave the house for about a month. I'm never without eyeliner and masscara, people constantly ask me if I'm ill if I've gone easy on the eyeliner because they're so used to seeing me with it.
medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:01 AM   #19
Delkaetre

I never wear makeup... you can tell I'm not used to it, so when I wear it I look false. You can see there's a mask, that my skin's not quite right. I will indulge myself with a little line of kohl on my inner lids when I'm feeling showy, but that's the extent of it.
Besides... I try to stay pale, so I have people asking what foundation I wear sometimes, and my eyes- all too often dark from lack of sleep- get requests on where I got my grey eyeshadow.
A day with make up on to the extent that others wear it would scare me a little, I think.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #20
thedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_Death
For me, I would have less confidence in myself. I actually feel comfortable wearing make up. I get alot of negative comments, but it's not like I care how they think.
I completely agree, i feel empowered when wearing loud colors and it almost makes my day flow better.

a friend calls it my mating call, a loud warning that i feel sexier than usual and receptive of male attention.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #21
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I can wear make-up and I can also go wothout it. But I do almost always wear it. I like experimenting with different ways of doing my eyes and then looking whether anyone noticed that I look different in someway or other.
The thing is I like my eyes very much and I do notice when a guy stares into them and his own eyes get a softened expression. And then I know that he has registered that I have interesting eyes.

So I use make-up only on my eyes and almost everyday with a slightly different touch. I could live without it but I don't.

And if I don't have any make-up on them, then the rims around my eyes a rather red and look irritated. It's terrible. I then look rather druged...and so this is another excuse for my experiments with eye shadow and maskara.

make-up is a nice thing. it is.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
OsoCrazy

I've never work Make-up, but i've been told that i'd look good w/ like Blue mascara or something like that. i probably wouldnt do well with makeup cause i'm always itching/scratching/rubbing my face...
OsoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #23
natharliak

depends what make up though... like if i had to go with out make up i wouldn't care so much cause i get bashed for it.... but i wouldn't look like me, if you know what i mean.
natharliak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #24
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I went through today without make up on and my boyfriend came over. It wasn't bad. I actually felt normal. I could rub my eyes too when I got tired. I sometimes like not having to worry about smudging my make up.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #25
insertwittyname

I wake up at 6:30 for school, and hate mornings and have long nights. Make-up is not an option, and neither are contacts. Give my my damn sleep. When I do wear make-up I wear eyeliner and eyeshadow with lipstick. I don't wear foundation or coverup or anything else becuase I have freckles up the kazoo.